18,2k dmg in one second - soulbeast needs (maybe) nerf.

zyra.7860

46 minutes ago, zyra.7860 said:

https://imgur.com/a/odUj49i

How is 18,2k dmg in one second acceptable. There is barely any animation on pig pull so you cant even dodge it and double maul is almost instant cast.

Trevor will be here to gaslight you very soon; Can you even count mate???? thats only 3k dmg in 5 seconds..

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 20
  • Confused 3

i've actually been playing support guardian as of a few days and i've got to say the pressure coming from a single soulbeast is bonkers. a team with a SB vs one without will come on top in a group fight solely because of the pressure coming from a SB forcing most cooldowns, if not outright deleting people and forcing ress signet. no other class does this bar maybe an engineer I think, but that is far more avoidable and telegraphed and i'm fairly sure on a far longer CD.

Edited by atshadow.8695
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, atshadow.8695 said:

i've actually been playing support guardian as of a few days and i've got to say the pressure coming from a single soulbeast is bonkers. a team with a SB vs one without will come on top in a group fight solely because of the pressure coming from a SB forcing most cooldowns, if not outright deleting people and forcing ress signet. no other class does this bar maybe an engineer I think, but that is far more avoidable and telegraphed and i'm fairly sure on a far longer CD.

Thats the issue with a lot of the toxic specs, people defend them from the perspective of a 1v1.. when in reality, smart players can work these toxic specs into a group fight, mostly thanks to the rng mixed skill matchmaking, where they then create absolute havoc. It has happened to me a few times on support, I always check my surroundings within a group fight, but multiple times I look down to see evade frames, and my health dropping like a stone. I guess its my fault for not seing the behind terreain stealth up? A very similar issue existed with willbender aproaching group fights. They can get to a position where they know you are there, but you don't know they are there.. TP > before you even know it you just lost half your hp. Its not good game design.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Thats the issue with a lot of the toxic specs, people defend them from the perspective of a 1v1.. when in reality, smart players can work these toxic specs into a group fight, mostly thanks to the rng mixed skill matchmaking, where they then create absolute havoc. It has happened to me a few times on support, I always check my surroundings within a group fight, but multiple times I look down to see evade frames, and my health dropping like a stone. I guess its my fault for not seing the behind terreain stealth up? A very similar issue existed with willbender aproaching group fights. They can get to a position where they know you are there, but you don't know they are there.. TP > before you even know it you just lost half your hp. Its not good game design.

agreed, although I personally find willbender less oppresive, i've constantly got to eye a SB in order to not get clapped out of nowhere by them, willbender's damage combo costs a bit more "time" I think, there's still time to react. learning as I go though i'm not an expert.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, atshadow.8695 said:

I also main support guard and tempest, the current meta is totally garbage with too many builds pumping out 15-20k damage combos in a second or two. It makes me feel like I'm just spamming my abilities off CD instead of using them reactively and skillfully.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, veritech.1048 said:

I also main support guard and tempest, the current meta is totally garbage with too many builds pumping out 15-20k damage combos in a second or two. It makes me feel like I'm just spamming my abilities off CD instead of using them reactively and skillfully.

Definitely not enjoying this meta from a support perspective. Game is far too roamer dominated. 

Frankly I'd be okay with them leaving the damage where it is now. But we should re-introduce some of the counter options people had to punish over-investment into glassy builds like these. People complain to high heavens whenver those kinds of builds are viable, but I genuinely think it's better for the game to allow them. 

...So long as they're not full do nothing bunkers of course. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 1

Honestly it's not that hard to counter. You just can't be solo king and run off to 1v3 the other team since this new Soulbeast build can shut you down. 

I personally can dominated the Soulbeast meta on my Untamed. Probably the funniest thing is having them disengage to only be one shot.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ranger Profession is not a bad design Profession so; nerfing its damage is not the problem. The real problem that has plumbed Guild Wars 2 population, reputation and players retention is; Bad Design Professions. It is the Bad Design Profession who should be on Anet top list to resolve or  continue to allow it to massacre the game image, its reputation, players retention including its players experience.

Ranger Profession does not even come close  at the top of the pile of years and years of damage done by Bad Design Professions like; Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Engineer Profession, Guardian Profession-Willbender

Whereas, non-Bad Design Professions can be nerfed, Bad Design are immune to nerfs

Start focusing on reworking/redesigning Bad Design first, before starting anything else.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Time is always relative... But yeah, porcine's beastmode Maul's coefficient is a bit high in competitive modes at 2.2 (especially if you consider that for feline's beastmode Maul's coefficient is 0.4 . Cleaving don't justify such a wide coefficient difference)

True but I find people don't rely on it to much. They tend to stay smokescale more and use random other stuff. It's definitely not as bad as when the Drakes were popular. 

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

You can avoid both Mauls relatively easily, it is really just the other skills that are harder. 

I agree you can avoid GS maul, but pig maul is always used after prelude lash, which is very fast CC without much animation and there is also ímmobilize instantly after that.

That skill is overally broken and needs to be looked by Anet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zyra.7860 said:

I agree you can avoid GS maul, but pig maul is always used after prelude lash, which is very fast CC without much animation and there is also ímmobilize instantly after that.

That skill is overally broken and needs to be looked by Anet.

Fair, the pig Maul should copy pet version which is 1,114 (0.66). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flowki.7194 said:

that's why you have to stay on guard and not relaxing, you got to expect any moment a sudden attack and have your counter up as soon as you can, even if it is a dodge to start with 🙂

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Dude be careful calling people out by name. Threads like this can be wiped if you resort to that. 

Who cares, dude was on the forums for literal weeks complaining about Cata nonstop, every single day, at least once a day. If someone wants to point out that goofiness, let them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

But we should re-introduce some of the counter options people had to punish over-investment into glassy builds like these.

Condi 

5 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Definitely not enjoying this meta from a support perspective

Stop playing support into power roamers

27 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

Who cares, dude was on the forums for literal weeks complaining about Cata nonstop, every single day, at least once a day. If someone wants to point out that goofiness, let them. 

Again, I have been his shoes before so I know the end result. I used to have countless posts removed my Mesmer threads messing up the whole thing. 

6 hours ago, zyra.7860 said:

https://imgur.com/a/U3hQaTn

There is no better thing than fighting a ranger and there pops 5-8k hits everywhere without even one wolf pack

The really really funny part of your post is that @Trevor Boyer.6524 keeps brining up engi as being equivalent.  And at the bottom of your picture you see how the egis super powered grenade barrage stacks up to the 5 hits from the ranger 🙂

• Haha 1