Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

3 minutes ago, WRay.2391 said:

The problem it changes GW2 from casual MMO to regular grind based MMO. If you fine with this - that's Ok.

If you want something, you have to grind a little, it encourages game play and i'm not the type of player that says, just give me everything, i shouldn't have to do anything, it feels good when you grind and get enough of a material to finish something.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

Just now, WRay.2391 said:

Rubi Bayer.8493 Login rewards are integrated with GW2 economy quite seriously right now. Please clarify how new rewards will alleviate this.
Right now I'm seriously debating about cancelling SotO pre-purchase until everything will be clear.

with or without soto, you still get access to the wizards vault.

• Sad 1

I haven't read thru the whole thread so apologies if this was asked already:

I have over a years' worth of legendary rewards chests saved up (day 28 of the daily login rewards).  Will these (as well as the chests of exotic equipment) still work as they do now after August 22?  Or should I open them all now so I don't lose what's in them?

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

• ArenaNet Staff
23 minutes ago, Wolve.4576 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Is one of the 'daily objectives' simply logging into the game as the daily login reward system currently works?

There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

So hang on, they've talked about laurels, mystic coins and gold in the rewards. But they didn't mention clovers. Are we still getting our 7 clovers every 28 days?

Im going to assume the legendary starter kits will probably have clovers and mystic coins. I'm very curious what else would be in them.

Just now, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

There will be one objective every day for logging in. This objective gives 5 astral acclaim (standard daily objectives give 10).

Will it be enough to acquire similar level of materials (aka mystic coins etc) for monthly logins? Right now value of astral acclaim is totally unknown.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

Wait a second, are they doing the same thing as before? Taking a system that already exists in the game and selling it back to you?

"If you do not have Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure registered on your account, some rewards will be locked, and you will be unable to visit the in-game location of the Wizard’s Vault. The system will be fundamentally the same for you otherwise. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Acheron.1580 said:

Im going to assume the legendary starter kits will probably have clovers and mystic coins. I'm very curious what else would be in them.

the way it is phrased in the post about being for specific legendaries makes me think there will be some lodestones for gen1 and maybe jade runes or antique summoning stones for gen 3

3 minutes ago, MuscleBobBuffPants.1406 said:

Wait a second, are they doing the same thing as before? Taking a system that already exists in the game and selling it back to you?

"If you do not have Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure registered on your account, some rewards will be locked, and you will be unable to visit the in-game location of the Wizard’s Vault. The system will be fundamentally the same for you otherwise. "

how are they selling it back to you when people don't need soto to gain access to the wizards vault, some locked rewards are probably soto related.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493  Thank you for your response. I feel like we are getting closer to what the community is worrying about.  To further this, what will 5 Astral Acclaim get us in terms of laurels and mystic coins?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

So, 28 days x 5 astral acclaim = 140 astral acclaim, and can that amount of astral acclaim pay for 20 mystic coins, 35 laurels and 7 mystic clovers  which is the amount of rewards for previously logging in? ( if you picked clovers of course)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Are you capped in either amount of dailies you can do or astram acclaim you can gain from dailies? And would this daily login count against either of those in that case? Additionally would a player be required to do all of the available daily, weekly, and special objectives to be able to afford everything available to the wizard tower like the skins, and the replaced daily login rewards?

In simpler terms I guess what Im asking is with the current system I can do my 3 daily objectives entirely in pve, will the new system require/encourage needing to also do the wvw and pvp objectives?

Edited by Acheron.1580
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1