Revenant the only class to not get atleast 5 new weapons skills in SotO

Title pretty much says it, was going through weapons for future potential builds and noticed that Revenant is the only class who doesn't get 5 new weapons skills in SotO.

Other classes either get 2 one-handed weapons, a two-handed weapons, or (in the case of thief and elementalist) class abilities that allow for 5 or more skills.

Is there any chance this could get updated before its implimented? It would of been fine if multiple classes only had 3 new weapon skills, but for it just to be one seems weird.

• Like 3
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Is there any chance this could get updated before its implimented? It would of been fine if multiple classes only had 3 new weapon skills, but for it just to be one seems weird.

Oh yeah. They can definitely do that before the 22th. 

Update is probably already finished 2 weeks ago and is now being prepared for delivery.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Oh yeah. They can definitely do that before the 22th. 

Update is probably already finished 2 weeks ago and is now being prepared for delivery.

We're not getting the new weapons on release anyway, IIRC - I think they're scheduled for the second quarterly release afterwards.

• Like 1

If this is the case, that might actually be pretty sweet, didn't think of that.

It was a fairly common request in the revenant forums for months if not years beforehand. Of course, people were asking for it on the assumption that elite weapon skills would remain locked and core revenant really needed an alternative to hammer for ranged attacks, and a second condition weapon so non-renegade condi builds didn't have to be mace/X and mace/Y.

• Like 3

I assume you mean when classes get access to all their elite spec weapons, I'm talking about the new weapons that are getting added to each core build.

Ah well then its just a matter of perspective... For example warrior get a 2 hander sure, but only 9 core skills for a total of 14 "new" skills.

The rev get 12 core skills but totals 15 "new" skills with the scepter.

Mesmer is even worse off with 8 core skills and 13 "new" skills in total even with its 2 hander.

I cant be arsed to go through them all but rev clearly isnt the runt here.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

I assume you mean when classes get access to all their elite spec weapons, I'm talking about the new weapons that are getting added to each core build.

It would be because of the fact that they had 2 2Handers and 1 OH already. Anet is roughly consistent here. I say roughly since warrior get an OH, MH/OH, and then another OH before it got a new 2H weapon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Mesmer was the only profession that didn't get a single 5 skill weapon on the course of 3 xpacs. Rev got 2.
You're not getting in one xpac and are already complaining.

Oh no, the complaining police is here! You are totally not allowed to complain about x because of this other entirely irrelevant fact.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/17/2023 at 5:29 AM, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

It's made up for due to the fact that GSword and Shortbow are incredible weapons for herald and vindicator.

Most classes gain nothing from elite weapon unlocking, Rev is an exception.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, ProbabilityMoon.5796 said:

Oh no, the complaining police is here! You are totally not allowed to complain about x because of this other entirely irrelevant fact.

It is relevant, though. If an argument is being based on fairness, one ramifications of the principle of fairness is that if there's been unfairness in the past, then the fair thing to do in the future is to compensate for the past unfairness. Revenant has done fairly well with getting two 2H weapons in past expansions, so other professions getting more now might be justified on that basis.

There's also a degree to which, since they already have four 2H weapons in their armory, a mainhand might also be seen as doing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/17/2023 at 3:29 AM, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Title pretty much says it, was going through weapons for future potential builds and noticed that Revenant is the only class who doesn't get 5 new weapons skills in SotO.

Other classes either get 2 one-handed weapons, a two-handed weapons, or (in the case of thief and elementalist) class abilities that allow for 5 or more skills.

I mean, every expansion some people get more, some get less. Mesmer has never gotten 5 new weapon skills UNTIL this one. Ele always gets a ton because of attunements. Warrior is arguably getting nothing very useful out of the elite spec weapon changes, where Rev is getting really great options. It's just how it goes. Some stuff isn't 1:1 fair. Can't be all the time.

• Like 1