New dailies/weeklies [Merged]

Its probably to limit the Astral Acclaim, unless they can ensure you only get it from the 3 completed dailies. + 1 login. Otherwise some players will do 3, and some 12 etc, so it would mean others get alot more AA than some. 

So Unless they can cancel the other 8 or so when you have done the required 3, then they will probably  keep it limited.  

Well They might be able to do that already and just haven't but we'll find out next week. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

They don’t have to, they can do dailies in PvE. 

Which they don't want to do because they havent got to that point of the story and since anet refused to have 12 dailies as they had before and force people do every single one, they now feel they can't finish it. 

This is just anet not thinking twice before implementing the system.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, hertigknut.8475 said:

Which they don't want to do because they havent got to that point of the story and since anet refused to have 12 dailies as they had before and force people do every single one, they now feel they can't finish it. 

This is just anet not thinking twice before implementing the system.

That they don’t want to is hardly Anet’s failure. That’s why is suggested to select WvW and PvP until then.
But we will soon get more options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

That they don’t want to is hardly Anet’s failure. That’s why is suggested to select WvW and PvP until then.
But we will soon get more options.

Absolutely anet's fault - it's just poorly implemented. I've seen many say the exact same thing. 

Who should i listen to , the players that have this problem or some white knight defending everything anet does? kek

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, hertigknut.8475 said:

Absolutely anet's fault - it's just poorly implemented. I've seen many say the exact same thing. 

Who should i listen to , the players that have this problem or some white knight defending everything anet does? kek

I don’t care who you listen to and I am not defending anything. I am just pointing out that this specific problem is not Anet’s fault. But of course it’s always easier and more convenient to blame others. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I would disagree that it isn't Anet's "fault", unless they specifically wanted to design the Daily system so that newer players or players who aren't yet finished with the story can't do them until late game without spoiling/skipping around in the story. But if this daily system was designed with the intention that a player could actually choose which gameplay style they enjoy to do daily quests for those? Then yes this is definitely a bug in the feature. In any other game, I'd expect that the daily quests would send you to places you actually have access to without having to use cheats or workarounds to skip there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

I'd expect that the daily quests would send you to places you actually have access to without having to use cheats or workarounds to skip there.

But you have access to them, if you have all the expansions you have access to all maps of the game. That you haven’t played the story yet doesn’t mean that you don’t have access. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

But you have access to them, if you have all the expansions you have access to all maps of the game. That you haven’t played the story yet doesn’t mean that you don’t have access. 

Right, but in order to access those lands I have to either

A) Rush the intro story to that zone, which is out of order to the rest of the story and will introduce me to characters/story arcs that I have yet to see, out of order
B) Find a cheat or workaround to get there, including asking a stranger to let me add them to friends list so I can teleport-to-friend and access a zone I wasn't yet meant to access.

Unless there is a way for me to get to Cantha without doing either of those, I would say the system was either designed so that PvE dailies are simply not something I am meant to be able to do right now, or there is a bug in their system.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I still can't understand why there are people actually defending having less options. If the intent it to have players do specific activities, we have the weekly and special categories for that, and content should attract players in and of itself. 

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It was such a weird choice to remove the 12 daily options. 

There was no good reason for it. 

If there were a reason, they would explain themselves as to why it was necessary. 

I agree that they need to justify why think this is a good idea and what it's supposed to achieve.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Out of curiosity- for those who are confused by my post, is it because you know of a way for me to do the dailies without having to do one of those 2 options? Particularly the achievement locked Canthan mini-dungeon? Or is that the story is irrelevant so the real issue is my lack of desire to ignore it/skip quickly to that point to do the daily?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ganogati.8963 said:

Out of curiosity- for those who are confused by my post, is it because you know of a way for me to do the dailies without having to do one of those 2 options? Particularly the achievement locked Canthan mini-dungeon? Or is that the story is irrelevant so the real issue is my lack of desire to ignore it/skip quickly to that point to do the daily?

Although skipping the previous story steps to do dailies is valid, I totally understand you might not want to do that.

Your only other option is to use Teleport to Friend consumables, or the recharging Teleport to Friend gizmo to get into those areas without needing to do story, after that you unlock waypoints in those locations to be able to go back anytime. 

For the Canthan mini dungeon in particular it's a bit more complicated since it requires an achivement to before accessing it in the first place, which I'm unsure if you can complete without starting the story, I never found myself in that situation and neither I'm in a position to test it out. 

And it's not exactly a bug in the system, the game recognizes you got the expansion, so it gives you tasks from it, it only voids tasks from expansions that you don't own, Teleport to Friend does the same thing and only sees if you have the expansion connected to the area you're trying to go to, if you try to teleport to an area of an expansion you don't own, it doesn't let you. 

Edited by jason.1083
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hertigknut.8475 said:

The game defaults to all 3 modes. Dailies being in areas the player never visited is not something new, it's a thing that the old system had as well, except, now that there is a new system people have the urge to complain, while there was no complaints before.

Anet could limit which expansions the dailies are in depending on whether the account visited certain expansion areas.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 3:40 AM, Ganogati.8963 said:

I suppose if that's how Anet intends their story to be done then that's one thing, but I'm generally used to games wanting you to do the story in relative order, rather than piecemeal like that.

I don't think they had new players in mind when doing the new daily system.
From all the opposing threads and bugs/problem that came with it, I don't know if they had anything in mind at all.

You should deactivate pve and only activate wvw. Those dailys are easy and the maps don't spoil anything. You can always join a wvw map and return to where you left.
Just find yourself a zerg, follow and do what they do. That way I did the daily  and both weeklys yesterday.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I don't think they had new players in mind when doing the new daily system.
From all the opposing threads and bugs/problem that came with it, I don't know if they had anything in mind at all.

You should deactivate pve and only activate wvw. Those dailys are easy and the maps don't spoil anything. You can always join a wvw map and return to where you left.
Just find yourself a zerg, follow and do what they do. That way I did the daily  and both weeklys yesterday.

Yea, I think you're right. I'll swap over tonight to WvW while I work on getting maps unlocked, and will test out PvE once in a while to see if Im at a point that I can start doing them as I go forward.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

For @nytro.1362's complaint I'd say it's very possible that part of the goal of the new system may be to redirect players who only went to pvp or wvw for easy dailies away from those modes, which would be to the great delight of players who actually want to be there. So again, this may be problem solved as well . . .

It's true that I don't like wvw and if I had my way I would never go into that game mode. Then both I and the hard-core wvw players who don't want amateurs like me bumbling around in there would be happy.

The problem comes in that every legendary weapon in the game requires wvw. So anyone that wants one MUST go in to wvw(extensively). If they really wanted to keep people like me out of wvw why haven't they introduced any other way to get the gift of battle? Seriously give me any other way to do it and I will gladly never enter wvw again.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Doctor.1384 said:

I still can't understand why there are people actually defending having less options. If the intent it to have players do specific activities, we have the weekly and special categories for that, and content should attract players in and of itself. 

I agree that they need to justify why think this is a good idea and what it's supposed to achieve.

Well, I guess some people are fine with this system since it allow them to do their daily faster than before and doing it in their preferred game mode. 

Old system was 12 in theory, but in practice, it was more like 2-3 and not necessarily in your preferred game mode.

I guess they may also want to avoid a monkey paw situation (I'm still salted about Gyala, personality) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, I guess some people are fine with this system since it allow them to do their daily faster than before and doing it in their preferred game mode. 

Old system was 12 in theory, but in practice, it was more like 2-3 and not necessarily in your preferred game mode.

I guess they may also want to avoid a monkey paw situation (I'm still salted about Gyala, personality) 

But that doesn't make sense, 4 is not 2-3 and it's not like they're letting you have 12 in a specific game mode, you're still limited to 4 total objectives in one specific game mode if that's how you've configured it. If they prefer the new objectives then there's still no reason why we can't have 12 total of the new objectives with 4 being from each mode.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1