Wizard's Vault Question

If I selected a game mode and want to remove it, how do I do this? How long do I have to wait?

I selected all, for no really good reason, and am really not so keen on PvP, especially tonight with limited game time to claim all 4 dailies (I have a WvW raid coming up soon).

I get the impression I am stuck for the day, which feels super bad.

• Like 6

I'm also wondering how this works, but haven't chosen yet.

So did you get only 4 pvp objectives today? I wonder if you pick pve only or pve+wvw, will you see the same amount of objectives for the same amount of astral points or can you get more?

There is a gear icon to the left of daily in the vault.  Not sure if the daily's reflect changes the next day or next week.

I am really not liking the "here is 3 tasks" instead of choose 3 tasks form various game modes.  This is incredibly bad.   Finding a few tasks I don't mind or enjoy is good.  Having no alternatives to tasks that I find absolutely miserable is not fun.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, stuck with them until reset on dailies and Monday on Weekly.  No idea on Specials, but I'm annoyed it was the default.

I really preferred being able to look over all the dailies and pick x number and sort of thought that's what we were getting.  Looks like you get 4 per day, 8 per week and if you pick all the game modes, no control over the objectives if it's not a preferred mode.  Not very encouraging of trying other gameplay.

Removed both WvW and PvP going forward because they are overrepresented in my Weekly, which means I won't get weekly done.  Now to wait and be irritated.

Edited by kellin.7594
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, suialthor.7164 said:

There is a gear icon to the left of daily in the vault.  Not sure if the daily's reflect changes the next day or next week.

I am really not liking the "here is 3 tasks" instead of choose 3 tasks form various game modes.  This is incredibly bad.   Finding a few tasks I don't mind or enjoy is good.  Having no alternatives to tasks that I find absolutely miserable is not fun.

Yeah, this is really so bad with no alternatives.

You can only do what they give us. Great. Now I stuck with these BS weekly.

Also you have to open the Vault page to claim the reward. WHY?

Edit again:

Can't access to Vault with non-80. lol

Edited by ylinky.5064
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, suialthor.7164 said:

Not 3, you have to do all 4 now and there's already one I'm probably not going to manage before reset. Weeklies are terrible too.

• Like 5

Have not logged in yet. Does the all selection give equally from each of the 3 game modes? Or totally random - like with the guild missions. (And maybe more acclaim than if you want only from one thing.)

How many are per daily? Previously if you wanted to do everythign from alle game modes it would have been 12. (A bit much.) Is there other stuff to progress the WvW/PvP reward tracks in the rewards? That was one of my main concerns. With them offering to do the dailies only with one of the game modes it would have been possible to progress the WvW reward track without doing WvW. Same for PvP reward track.

But they retired the potions completely - according to the patch notes. Which I dislike a lot. I don't think the changes to other stuff might make up for this - for players that regularly did the dailies in those game modes.

(Other than that: Nice patch notes. Checking it out ingame later in 2 hours or so. And I guess we will later have some general threads for the feedback regarding the whole expansion/patch.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

3 of mine ticked off as soon as i activated pve only.

If you tick all 3 modes, do you get 4 dailies rom each to choose from? Because if not, that's a very silly change

You get each 1 pve 1 pvp 1 wvw for daily only.

So you have to do all of them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

3 of mine ticked off as soon as i activated pve only.

If you tick all 3 modes, do you get 4 dailies rom each to choose from? Because if not, that's a very silly change

No, you get three dailies with (on mine) one from each and the login.  Since I'm not going to go 1:1 anyone in PvP or go capture a sentry in WvW, dailies are sort of a wash today.  I liked being able to pick across all the game modes, apparently you can't do that anymore.  We won't even discuss the Weeklies I'll be ignoring until Monday after they reset and I can cut out visibility from two core gameplay modes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kellin.7594 said:

No, you get three dailies with (on mine) one from each and the login.  Since I'm not going to go 1:1 anyone in PvP or go capture a sentry in WvW, dailies are sort of a wash today.  I liked being able to pick across all the game modes, apparently you can't do that anymore.  We won't even discuss the Weeklies I'll be ignoring until Monday after they reset and I can cut out visibility from two core gameplay modes.

Sigh, why don't they think these things through properly first.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, yumi.5170 said:

THIS IS SO BAD!
I choose PVE and WVW because that's the dailys I did before. Instead of getting some choice, I have to do 2 pve and 2 wvw. And I can't change the weeklys now until next monday... anet you have to change this asap!

And the weeklies are grind mode - "Defeat 100 Awakened" "Earn 10K WvW Experience" "Earn 1000 PvP Rank Points"

Fun.  Reminds me of WoW kill tasks.  And I'm pretty sure these are the kinds of "tasks" that encourage bots and discourage players.

Edited by kellin.7594
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, suialthor.7164 said:

Yep, this is a complete downgrade. If they want to limit the amount of rewards you can get per day/week, they should just... limit the amount you can get per day or week. Once you've done 4 dailies, or 9 weeklies, or whatever, then that's all. There's no reason to remove choice and flexibility from players while doing it.

• Like 8

I used to love the idea of logging on and then deciding if I want to goto pve or wvw (sometimes even pvp), but now I have to plan in advance as to what game mode  I want to play before the "next refresh". Seems a bad idea to limit player choice.

• Like 11

I just hate it that they give you 3 (+1 login) that you have to do, no choice at all. In old system i did mostly pve ones but even on those you were able to choose 3 out of 4, so if one was something you don't enjoy doing you could just not do it and in rare case there was 2 unpleasant ones, could pick one from wvw dailies and still get the daily 3 done.

Doing dailes used to be this happy thing for me, even when not having lot of time to play could log in and pick the ones i like and do them, feeling i made small progress that day. Now all that awaits in the game is a chore list of must do.

How to fix this? Daily list should have login + 12 dailies to choose from (4 pve, 4 wvw and 4 pvp). Do login + any 3 from the list of 12 to get your daily chest. Problem solved.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I hate what they've done with the new daily system. Old daily system was great with the freedom to choose 3 dailies from a pool of 12 dailies in total. Whenever there was a daily I didn't want to do I could always skip that and do another daily available that day. Don't want to do the occasional daily fractal or daily dungeon? No worries, you could still do the other 3 dailies available for your preferred game mode. Not feeling like doing PvE dailies that day? All good, you can just do WvW dailies that day instead. Want to do mix and match dailies? That works too, do any combination of PvE, WvW and PvP dailies available that day.

Now all of that is gone and we got this new daily system which is far more limiting and far less rewarding. With the new system if I don't like any of the dailies on my list then my only choices are forcing myself to do a daily I don't want to do or skipping the daily achievement for that day, which wasn't a case with the old system.

On another note, Zen Daijun as a mini dungeon daily? There is nothing mini about that "mini" dungeon, that takes as long as a normal dungeon to complete. If this is a taste of what is to come then I'll be more inclined to skip the entire course, because turning dailies into a chore was one of the biggest reasons why I have quit WoW.

Dailies should be quick and fun, and they should give players the freedom to choose which dailies they want to do. Simply adapting the old daily system with the pool of 12 dailies to choose from (4 PvE, 4 WvW and 4 PvP dailies each day) to the new daily system would solve all problems of the new daily system.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I'm not the least bit interested in playing PvP. I have no idea where this kitten vista is. Soooo, if we don't finish the daily, no achievement points????? HOW DOES THIS WORK????? Not liking this at all. I'm 23 points from my next achievement level, am I out of luck until I can find dailies I can actually complete????

Edited by jahaan.1405
Forgot part of my comment.
  • Like 8