Golems, Rockdogs and Horrors oh my [Merged]

So far we have lost the Golem, Rockdog and Jagged Horror from their runes. Half the reason to even run those runes was for the little extra help they gave. Loves using them for doing mapping, letting them take the hits. 
I want a refund of dungeon tokens for the Runes of Golemancy. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

24 minutes ago, starhunter.6015 said:

Out of the 40 we got today. They aren't and even if they put them back they may end up behind the SoTo pay wall. 

Well, I’m shocked.  And disappointed.  

This feels like the flesh reaver sigil all over again.  They better put these back in the game, they have to know players love these.  

Hell I love the privateer runes on my thief because of the bird summon!  I don’t want to lose that permanently.  Hopefully they add them back sooner rather than later. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

Probably taken out to combat afk farming? 

But... that doesn't combat it at all.

Maybe they just decided they don't like that concept of the runes. Or they'll reintroduce (but some would probably say resell) them in similar forms in later updates or expansions.

• Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

But... that doesn't combat it at all.

Maybe they just decided they don't like that concept of the runes. Or they'll reintroduce (but some would probably say resell) them in similar forms in later updates or expansions.

I mean in theory it does, it just probably doesn't at all in practice, but one left minion that comes back by itself is probably something afk farmers used a lot. I never said Anet makes all smart choices, just figuring out a reason.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

I mean in theory it does, it just probably doesn't at all in practice, but one left minion that comes back by itself is probably something afk farmers used a lot. I never said Anet makes all smart choices, just figuring out a reason.

Those summons arent effective for afk farming, which has always been the hunting ground of one class and that's Necro. To a far lesser degree, engineer. Neither of which are affected, and neither of which relied on those. This just punish quirky and interesting builds and gives nothing back

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, KawsMeCal.5923 said:

Yeah, it doesn't do that at all in practice (or even in theory), which is why I don't think there's any reason to think that's what they are targetting here.

It looks like they're trying to go towards "do x to activate the effect" (outside of a few left effects like the Warrior relic), so they might be working out what activation they'll put on the "summons" relics. Wouldn't be surprised if it was something like Fireworks ("Upon dealing strike damage using a weapon skill with a recharge time of 20 seconds or more, gain 10% strike damage summon [x] for [y] seconds. Refreshes duration on stack.") or Sunless ("Using an elite skill summons [x] a pool on the target enemy that inflicts poison and cripple. Pool [Summon] duration scales with the recharge of the elite skill. (Cooldown: 30 Seconds)") runes.

That is, if they want them in the game at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Hmm perhaps they wanted to get rid of the effects that wouldn't be helpful in raid content.  Maybe Anet only wants raid players.  I am not sure why, I doubt that elite raid groups spend that much money on the game.  Very stat oriented people, I believe.

I would think that the people who want to summon special pets like parrots and rockhounds would be the players who spend more money on cosmetics.

Remember, corporations aren't people. A corporation can't think, it relies on committees to make decisions.  Committees are notoriously bad at making good decisions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

How dare anet you took my golem away! I want my personnal golem from my rune in a relic now!  Its an insult to any asuran player! I NEED MY GOLEM NOW! Its been a part of my build for 11 years now, I dont care about your fancy new relic system if you dont give me my golem!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I guess their flavor was nice for people into RP or whatnot, but unless you were like trying to dps in healer gear while playing with your feet on a keyboard with 2 functioning number keys, the summon runes were pretty much always trap choices that were vastly inferior to everything else as far as actual combat effectiveness went and didn't really do anything but contribute to the visual clutter issues the game has. That said I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is readded at some point. It's pretty clear the Relic choices at the moment are a work in progress.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Hmm perhaps they wanted to get rid of the effects that wouldn't be helpful in raid content.  Maybe Anet only wants raid players.  I am not sure why, I doubt that elite raid groups spend that much money on the game.  Very stat oriented people, I believe.

Golemancer and Lich runes were once part of raid meta, and still remain very viable runes until today.

My guess is that developers deemed the summonings to be over powered once they are no longer tied to any specific rune set.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 4

Several other quick things (i logged in and saw they nerfed almost all of my builds): they removed condition duration from traveler runes (made my condi reaper nonfunctional), and also stealth on traps (good bye to my roaming druid and any dragonhunters that used this to reposition and add mobility to their build).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Same. I had some characters that used the Privateer runes for the parrot or the Ogre runes for the Rock Dog (the ogre ones were slightly pricey too) and now they're gone. Yeah they may add them back later, but it feels awful to have something that was in the game be taken away and then readded later. 

I don't get why they didn't just include all the 6th Rune affects we had before as Relics. If they weren't ready to have them all, then they probably should have held off on the whole Relic system until later.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

I would think that the people who want to summon special pets like parrots and rockhounds would be the players who spend more money on cosmetics.

Come on, it's like you rolled the dice to come up with the reasoning here.

And if those people somehow were the most likely to spend money on cosmetics while they wanted "a companion" then hopefully they threw money at all those mini jade bot skins (and if they didn't... they still can!) 😉

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

I find it almost impossible to believe that A-Net could be so short sighted that they would remove these rune bonuses without adding them as Relics.

I don't, it's not the first time that they did something like this.

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

They have to have known how popular these were.

Maybe, maybe not. I doubt that it would have made a difference either way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'll be honest, the thought has crossed my mind that they just forgot lol.

But if Im being realistic, I bet the actual reasoning is that they couldn't figure out how to balance it. Chances are they originally jammed those summons onto rune sets that they didn't feel would make them super powerful. They may have identified rune combinations that, when paired with those pets, would be too strong... and just said with the relics "meh, I can't figure out how to keep the dog/golem/whatever without someone making it stupidly OP by pairing this relic with X runes, so lets just toss em".

Edited by Ganogati.8963
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1