Wizard vault's weekly wvw defense events, like, why...?

On 8/27/2023 at 7:29 AM, Olvendred.3027 said:

There's a very simple solution:

1) Repairing gives guaranteed defence credit

2) No extra rewards if repairing was your only reason for defence credit.

They removed repairing from the condition for defence objectives didn't they? Or does this now reward players?

33 minutes ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

They removed repairing from the condition for defence objectives didn't they? Or does this now reward players?

repairing gives a small amount of wxp.

nobody seems to know quite how to get a defense credit, and it's considered unfit for a daily because it's fairly unlikey to get defense credit while actively playing 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/30/2023 at 8:51 PM, Tiamat.8254 said:

They did remove it. The reason was that they added extra rewards (in the bouncy chests) for capping/defending towers and keeps, and then a bunch of people started camping out to farm those defence rewards by constantly just repairing, especially at SMC. Prior to that, however, almost no one bothered and it wasn't a problem.

So the solution is just to separate achievement progress (including WV) from the extra rewards. Let people get their defend events for repairing, but don't make it something that can be farmed for rewards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 7:27 AM, willow.8209 said:

repairing gives a small amount of wxp.

nobody seems to know quite how to get a defense credit, and it's considered unfit for a daily because it's fairly unlikey to get defense credit while actively playing 

You get defensive credit by going on the offense and killing the defenders on the objective after taking their stuff. The defenders will get no defensive credit, while the offenders get it all! The best defense is a good offense!

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Quench.7091 said:

You get defensive credit by going on the offense and killing the defenders on the objective after taking their stuff. The defenders will get no defensive credit, while the offenders get it all! The best defense is a good offense!

Funny how being very good at this kind of defence (i.e. killing enemies before they manage to destroy a wall and/or kill any defenders) won't give you contribution to defence event.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I completely agree, I defended the tower twice and the keep once. Every time I get xp for killing ppl it still doesn't show as complete.
ARENA, can we just get an explanation of what the trigger conditions are?

PS. I just instead of defending attacked a keep with group and it triggered. I was staying there until event timer finished. Its so not intuitive lol

Edited by TheSpawacz.1058
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 9:27 PM, willow.8209 said:

seems to be all these condition must be met to count

• defense event have been triggered (stating the obvious)
  • the enemy player has either hit or be hit by a guard or hit the door, player using siege hitting wall / door / guard does not count
  • the enemy must die within the objective range; where the defense timer still visible, if they died just outside the range it does not count even if you are standing in it
  • you must have contributed damaged while the enemy is not in down state, siege damage does count
  • bonus: you have healed your ally that have met the above conditions

most of wvw community suffered because a few moaning on the forum about a the few individuals farming participation
spy accounts burning supplies are worse offenders than these few individuals

we need some form of official community voting system like OSRS to prevent these dumb ideas going through in the future!

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:33 PM, evlover.6270 said:

Not going to complain about the rewards cause if people would actually read and do the maths of what they can get every month, they'd see it's a huge increase compared to the daily rewards we had.

Also not going to complain about the huge nerf to login with numerous alt accs just for a second to get daily loot, because it's a necessary change that had to happen even sooner rather than later.

But can we at least get rid of tasks that are unreliable to get credit for? Like, the Wvw Weekly achievement was adjusted so you didn't need the tower/keep defense achievements to get the weekly because getting credit for defense events in Wvw is so unreliable, then how on earth could it be a good idea to add it again in new weekly content aside from the Wvw weekly meta achievement? Destroying siege that has been damaging the objective never counts as defense. Killing the one that operated the siege doesn't count either, killing people in small skirmishes only seems to count if you happen to kill someone who killed a few guards, if you happen to kill 4 people that didn't tag a guard, there goes your defense credit down the drain as well. The only reliable way to get defense credit, is to cap an objective and then kill some of the enemies that were still inside cause that always seems to proc the defense credit somehow. Sadly most of the time, either all defenders are dead by the time you're capping, or there was no enemy in there to begin with. Just get rid off the defense events for people who pick Wvw and replace them by whichever other Wvw related content you can come up with, but not these defense events that barely ever proc -.-'

Like, I do Wvw up until diamond chest most of the weeks, and even after all those hours tower defense is the only one I miss nearly every week. Keep defenses gets done most of the time because there's often some previous defenders in there that you can kill after the cap for credit, which shows how badly the defense events work. I don't get them done by actually defending, but by attacking previous defenders.. :classic_rolleyes: 

One of the very few positives of this pile of steaming kittens of an expansion for me is that I never have to do WvW again for my dailies.  Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.  This game is nothing but a Frankenstein's Monster of poorly-executed ripoffs from other games, but their dedication to destroying ANY amount of actual fun to be had is legendary - and on full display int his game mode.

• Confused 4

17 hours ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

you must have contributed damaged while the enemy is not in down state, siege damage does count

Oh, great. So killing someone in downstate didn't count. To be a good object defender you must make sure that he gets out of downstate and than put him back again  and than kill him. What a complicate way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been in 3 way battles with over 100 players that took at least half an hour while we were holding objective (so 6+ events) getting 75+ bags around and inside structure and 0 defence credit.

Than the next day you might kill 1 random player near your camp and you get gold credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

+1

This weekly is terrible for all the reasons already stated above.
Sitting at an objective to defend just makes you watch your participation go down. If you do this anyway you typically get rolled over by a zerg and can't kill anyone, failing the objective. You could try to watch for locations that get contested and run to help, but you will likely arrive too late, and ironically feed their defense event when the objective flips. That's basically the only way to get completion for this weekly so you have to hope the enemy is silly enough to run into you after you've already won the objective.

Seriously ANET, play your own game, see how many completions you can get done in a multi-hour play session, and tell me if it seems fun/fair? Imagine a new player trying to complete this weekly, with all its convoluted rules for what constitutes "defending an objective".

• Thanks 1

The current issue with defense credit came about because of a half-baked band-aid solution to the "farming" of Stonemist defense via repair.  It persists because ANet devs run  with organized blobs who smash attackers who are attacking the lord (best way to get credit because all of them have attacked the lord).  So, devs are for the most part not having trouble getting credit.  Out of sight, out of mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1