SottO shows how bad Rev core weapons are

Shiyo.3578

On 8/24/2023 at 7:08 PM, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

So you just made a bow beast but worse?

yeah way more squishy than beast way more, but still bursting even minstrells and deleting squishy players i am still wining over cocky beasts or they run or get melted come into my range and just quickness + kaybash combo just dodge open ventari dome KD the ranger and burst it.

And having 3 skills to KD or KB target comes quite handy, Herald elite, bow 5, tablet elite.

EDit: interestingly ive won against benders they have bended very well, 99% of gw2 players are headbashers on keyboard anyway.

Edit2 the relic i am using also improves might boon so i have the assassin trait and the relic improving might towards more power stats and i easilly reach 25 might.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

dit2 the relic i am using also improves might boon so i have the assassin trait and the relic improving might towards more power stats and i easilly reach 25 might.

If you’re using that relic of mabon, I’d advise you to test it more. The tooltip is very misleading. It’s “stacks” doesn’t refer to might stacks in the description, it refers to stacking relic buff. So that’s 1 stack every 3s, or 30s to proc an 8s buff you can’t really control going off only to lose the might and start all over. It’s a weird one that I don’t really understand why it’s so weak

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

If you’re using that relic of mabon, I’d advise you to test it more. The tooltip is very misleading. It’s “stacks” doesn’t refer to might stacks in the description, it refers to stacking relic buff. So that’s 1 stack every 3s, or 30s to proc an 8s buff you can’t really control going off only to lose the might and start all over. It’s a weird one that I don’t really understand why it’s so weak

Think mabon relic is designed for healers , cause the +25% might efficiency affects allies in your group (tested few days ago) if you play it as dps i think it's really not worth it , 8 secondes +250 power and condi (if you reach 25 might) , then loose 25 stacks of might ... (your allies don't loose any) as healers you don't care about your own might but increasing all your allies might efficiency , even if it is 8 secondes each +-30 secs( you have to apply might on the spot whehn mabon relic icd is off) is worth it .

Can see it very powerfull on pulsing might healer like scourge , firebrand and herald.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Think mabon relic is designed for healers , cause the +25% might efficiency affects allies in your group (tested few days ago) if you play it as dps i think it's really not worth it , 8 secondes +250 power and condi (if you reach 25 might) , then loose 25 stacks of might ... (your allies don't loose any) as healers you don't care about your own might but increasing all your allies might efficiency , even if it is 8 secondes each +-30 secs( you have to apply might on the spot whehn mabon relic icd is off) is worth it .

Can see it very powerfull on pulsing might healer like scourge , firebrand and herald.

ArenaNet has apparently said that the buff applying to allies is a bug that will likely be fixed, so I'd advise holding off on investing in a lot of Mabon relics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2023 at 11:53 PM, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

The thing is i am not loosing the might only the stacks of the relic itself, the relic is most probably buged but  yeah i still need to tests it more, the concept is the have a buffed might value equivalent has if i had more than the 25 stacks reason i am trygin that relic with the rev assassin trait with similiar effect.

The weird part i am stil trying to figure out is: (it kinda feels they dont stacks anyway)

Edit: ok the 25% might improvement is done on the base might value but still its final value stacks on top of the traits.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 5:30 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

I ignored shield because it's a completely useless weapon.

Shield is a PvP weapon. It helps Ventari rev stay alive under pressure. 

You also see it pop up on the rare sidenode condi build.

Mace/shield | Shortbow is a huge improvement over Mace/Axe | Staff. You don't lose all of your pressure when swapping to your defensive weapon set. 

It's useless in PvE. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Mace/shield | Shortbow is a huge improvement over Mace/Axe | Staff. You don't lose all of your pressure when swapping to your defensive weapon set. 

It's useless in PvE. 

If you were healing in PvP you really weren't applying much pressure unless you were bringing CC.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

If you were healing in PvP you really weren't applying much pressure unless you were bringing CC.

This is correct pre-Soto. Shortbow has given ventari herald/vindi a substantial buff to their pressure. Being able to stay at a safe range and pressure targets while supporting makes a huge difference. 

Staff is what Rev would previously use as their defensive weapon swap. Problem is staff has zero pressure on support builds. Mace/Shield still fills that defensive niche for you, but you've also got some pressure as well with your mace skills. This matters because not being able to counterpressure your opponents means they're able to freecast on you. Which results in you taking more damage. 

In PvE, sheild isn't going to do a whole lot for you. Rev is already tanky enough to handle anything the game throws at it (Vindi especially). Shield is overkill. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 9:01 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

ArenaNet has apparently said that the buff applying to allies is a bug that will likely be fixed, so I'd advise holding off on investing in a lot of Mabon relics.

oh , seriously ... with that bugfix my mabon relic is going to the trash can without any doubt , cannot see the purpose of it (maybe in pvp or wvw for busrt timing) , gaining some damage for 8 secs then loosing maybe 750 power and condis and need to rebuild up the might , really not worth ...

9 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

This is correct pre-Soto. Shortbow has given ventari herald/vindi a substantial buff to their pressure. Being able to stay at a safe range and pressure targets while supporting makes a huge difference. 

Staff is what Rev would previously use as their defensive weapon swap. Problem is staff has zero pressure on support builds. Mace/Shield still fills that defensive niche for you, but you've also got some pressure as well with your mace skills. This matters because not being able to counterpressure your opponents means they're able to freecast on you. Which results in you taking more damage. 

In PvE, sheild isn't going to do a whole lot for you. Rev is already tanky enough to handle anything the game throws at it (Vindi especially). Shield is overkill. 

That's just a bad take then, especially with mace since most of it's damage potential in the mobile environment of PvP (unless you found a way to root) is lost. This idea of applying pressure sounds nice on paper but doesn't work well if you are using ventari since you aren't really backing it up. You've just swapped one bit of prolonging for another in the end. You'be be better off with the sword at the very least if you are going to go that route but you are still not applying any pressure.

• Confused 2

honestly if you play ventari support you usually wont have the energy to use sb efficiently and outside of the cc/slow it still deals mediocre damage on a pure healer. usually i feel like im better off with mace/axe + staff or mace shield and gs for either more cc/sustain and some mobility and area cleave. although even then shield is really lacking without the herald trait and core/vindi are way stronger support options

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's useless in PvE. 

Heal quickness herald and handkite herald both use shield, so it's not useless in PvE, just not generally a good choice for dps or solo builds unless you're planning to solo something really gnarly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1