Why would u make ascended armor/weapons accessable via dailies?

Happy for this reward in the Vault!  I wanted an alternate ascended gearset for my elementalist and this just cut my crafting time in half.

In general, as with skyscale access, things get easier as an mmo ages.  Any experienced gamer knows this.  If the journey isn't enjoyable, the reward is usually not worth it.  Remember this and you'll be less upset when that rare item you "worked" for becomes easier to obtain.  It's just pixels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The reason l didn't have Ascended gear before now is because l didn't want to put effort toward looking up how to do it. Now l get Ascended stuff for much less effort, but the new daily system leaves me with no solid direction on what to do. Map completion, I guess? Weird trade off.

But, chumps like me really don't deserve it. I play casually and refuse to do instanced content; by all rights, my equipment should stay casual. Sounds weird to say, but...it's true.

• Confused 5

On 8/23/2023 at 2:37 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

the hilarious part is probably have more gold and more legendaries than any of you, so its comical hearing these opinions from the peanut gallery of users who don't engage in any of this, dont utilize it, isnt affected by it,  you guys just weight in to be trollish or just to disagree with someone and then die on a hill for no reason.

Man you are the only one in the wrong here my dude and angry, this is really healthy for the llaaarge majority  of players that do  not have easy access to ascended, as opposed to the few that have,  as you say "more legendaries than any of you"but are still crying for more lmao. What a joke man.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 11:36 AM, SirDoNKeY.4578 said:

If you have more gold than everyone else then what the kitten are you even complaining about? That now suddenly you cant get more greedy than you already are?

Theres no such thing as enough gold..  and i also dont understand that logic its like your just disparaging the game mode i enjoy best (making gold).  Its as if i told you, sorry you've talked in map chat too much, why do you need to do that more?  Or you've done too many fractals or pvp or wvw, why do you need to do that more?  and then follow it up with an LOL and a ?

• Confused 11
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 7:40 AM, Darklord Roy.2514 said:

Homie you are the only person on any forum OR in game I have seen complaining about this, literally nobody thinks this is an issue but you. The economy is not "ruined," people still buy exotics because the ascended armor is limited to 3 boxes per cycle. You can't just buy a full set from dailies right now and plenty of players are impatient enough to prefer just buying exotics.

You even said yourself that you consider this a niche method of making money and niche methods are the most sensitive to change. Learn to adapt. This is a non-issue.

there's people in this thread who agree with me, so I guess you're wrong and your point is wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

Imagine that, everyone on this post WHO DOESNT CRAFT, or stands to personally benefit from FREE ASCENDED GEAR IS FINE WITH IT! IMAGINE THAT!  well im not one of those people, i do craft things, I dont need ascended gear, i need gold, and all I get are people who have no gold and want free things, chiming in that its great. LOL yah its great for you at my own detriment.  WONDERFUL.

I also love how you all take both sides of the argument, If I say that it detracts from veterans accomplishments of earning ascended, YOU ALL SAY its SO EASY TO GET ASCENDED.  and then I say YAH you're RIGHT IT IS EASY, so why make it even easier and cut into my ability to craft and make gold?  and then you say oh ITS HARD FOR NEW PLAYERS they need free gear - and then tons of people chime in who dont have ascended gear (whom I would be selling too) saying yah its SO GREAT i love this change.

IF ITS SO EASY THEN WHY CHANGE IT?  IF ITS HARD, then it is something veterans should be proud of that they have full ascended and this diminimizes  that.  Taking both sides is TROLLISH.  SORRY I WORKED HARD TO GET MY GEAR, this diminimizes it.  ITS EASY FOR veteran players to get more ascended gear and they dont notice that they need more of it because they have it.  New players should have to work towards it, there's no reason to disrupt the economy for something that was already BALANCED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

at the expense of messing up the economy for many and any game time commitment it used to take to get full ascended, yah seems real fair.  Way to show love for veteran players who had to struggle at first to get it, and then found niches to make money all to cater to new players so they can have it EZ mode. 

So you feel intitled to make money selling overpriced components to desperate newbies who want ascended gear, and now that Anet ruins your business you cry, lol. There are hundreds of methods to obtain gold, rather than speculating in the trading post.

Edited by Axelteas.7192
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

at the expense of messing up the economy for many and any game time commitment it used to take to get full ascended, yah seems real fair.  Way to show love for veteran players who had to struggle at first to get it, and then found niches to make money all to cater to new players so they can have it EZ mode. 

Ascended gear is mandatory for Fractal progression. If something is mandatory then there must be an easy way to access it. Making it more difficult to get a mandatory item will just make people less likely to even do the content. And I would like more people instead of fewer doing the Fractals.

I also love how you all take both sides of the argument...

Okay, on one side there are people wanting to make more gold, on the other side there are people who just want to enjoy the game they (likely) paid money for. There's no equivalency in the sides here, just one that's clearly inferior to the other when taken in context with my other statement.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Imagine that, everyone on this post WHO DOESNT CRAFT, or stands to personally benefit from FREE ASCENDED GEAR IS FINE WITH IT! IMAGINE THAT!  well im not one of those people, i do craft things, I dont need ascended gear, i need gold, and all I get are people who have no gold and want free things, chiming in that its great. LOL yah its great for you at my own detriment.  WONDERFUL.

I also love how you all take both sides of the argument, If I say that it detracts from veterans accomplishments of earning ascended, YOU ALL SAY its SO EASY TO GET ASCENDED.  and then I say YAH you're RIGHT IT IS EASY, so why make it even easier and cut into my ability to craft and make gold?  and then you say oh ITS HARD FOR NEW PLAYERS they need free gear - and then tons of people chime in who dont have ascended gear (whom I would be selling too) saying yah its SO GREAT i love this change.

IF ITS SO EASY THEN WHY CHANGE IT?  IF ITS HARD, then it is something veterans should be proud of that they have full ascended and this diminimizes  that.  Taking both sides is TROLLISH.  SORRY I WORKED HARD TO GET MY GEAR, this diminimizes it.  ITS EASY FOR veteran players to get more ascended gear and they dont notice that they need more of it because they have it.  New players should have to work towards it, there's no reason to disrupt the economy for something that was already BALANCED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

news flash anet are allowed to change anything in the game when they want whenever they want. stop trying to come up with bs we know you only care about the gold making via craft mat selling by your first post not your "HaRd WoRk" for ascended. using gw2efficiency for recipe and item list and converting gems to gold for buying mats £17 / £8.50 [depending on how many mats u already have] uk currency and done yep such a hard thing to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:39 PM, Gop.8713 said:

The bigger issue for me as a long time player is how to spend gold, not how to make it. You reach a point where it's fairly useless pretty early on. Rn I'm stuck ecto gambling, which sometimes just spits out more gold, that I spend ecto gambling until I lose. Like I said, kind of pointless . . .

You could give away your gold to new players in queensdale or whatever

Sounds more fun than just throwing your gold away to a vendor 

I think you will find its called "Player Retention". ANet needs to keep players playing, and if one of the methods they choose to do so is by giving new players easier access to ascended gear then I'm all for it.  Having people who are able to run higher level fractals etc is good for the longevity of the game.

Personally, I have met plenty of people (several who are on the friends list now) who are able to pick up the mechanics of the fractals, but are let down by the gear they have. I regularly run lower tier fractals with "new" people and donate my infusions etc to them so they can get a small but hopefully effective head start.

I worked hard for my legendary weapons, armor and runes, but Im not going to throw any toys out of the cot because someone else can have a chance to enjoy the journey to their personal end goal like just like I have. Likewise, no tantrums here because a player can get easier access to a lower tier of gear then mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok here are my 2 cents. Wizard's Vault rewards are amazing (my only issue is the 3 forced dailies but that's for another thread).

I've been playing for almost 3 years now. I'm not a newbie anymore but I'm also not a veteran player.

I got full ascended on only 1 character my Virtuoso. Currently I'm working on getting full ascended on my Herald.
Yes I did all the grind, I leveled crafting to 500 and did all that to get that 1 character in full ascended. Let me tell you it was not fun, time gated material in MMOs are never fun (let's face it ascended would be so much cheaper to craft if not for the time gated mats).

On the other hand recently I crafted my first legendary, Bifrost. And to my surprise it's in the starter kit (insert surprised pikachu face).
But instead of being mad about it I'm just glad other players can experience legendaries instead of doing all the long and expensive collections.
To me those collections felt worse than a chore, a long expensive and unnecessary chore (and I'm aware Bifrost is one of the easier ones to craft).

In the end any shortcut that makes my life or other players' lifes easier I'm all for it.
So in my eyes this flexibility of the rewards offered is fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:05 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

It totally messed up the economy for lots of people who craft components for these as well as any exotic gear, now nobody is buying them because you can get ascended gear so easily from dailies.  WHY would you do this, ascended was fine the way it was, and its not even that expensive anymore, not to mention it completely negates all the work we had to do years before to attain ascended, makes it a complete joke to get full ascended now. 

Reduce the price ,ill buy it

Let's just call it what it is: you're upset because you think you're going to make less gold selling things to newer players with your super brilliant business. That's all it is, there's nothing else to it. It takes a lot of time to wait for an entire set of ascended gear through dailies. Players will pay the extra gold if they have it and want the items now. 

Speak for yourself and don't hide behind/lump yourself into "veteran players" - I for one don't share your opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

So you feel intitled to make money selling overpriced components to desperate newbies who want ascended gear, and now that Anet ruins your business you cry, lol. There are hundreds of methods to obtain gold, rather than speculating in the trading post.

This logic is ridiculous? Predatory lol? you obviously need a lesson in capitalism.  THe entire auction house is designed to be predatory as is the game.  I mean why not just add a vendor that sells all goods at the exact same price lol.  Completely remove the market.  What an absurd argument. I guess when anet makes a game that you like, and you spend money on it its predatory, because they're turning a profit lol.

Sorry offering my services and crafting things for people is a benefit because they are using my level 500 crafting to obtain the item they want, which i worked hard for to level up.  Its also a free market, dont buy it if you dont like the price. its a simple as that.  What should i be doing selling crafting components at a loss lol? ok you first have at it.  But when you see me with all my infusions and legendaries, dont be jealous cuz then you might be inclined to turn a profit too lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rainbow Dragon.7268 said:

news flash anet are allowed to change anything in the game when they want whenever they want. stop trying to come up with bs we know you only care about the gold making via craft mat selling by your first post not your "HaRd WoRk" for ascended. using gw2efficiency for recipe and item list and converting gems to gold for buying mats £17 / £8.50 [depending on how many mats u already have] uk currency and done yep such a hard thing to do.

You're right and im allowed to complain about it all i want and ask for them to change it back. whats your point.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Let's just call it what it is: you're upset because you think you're going to make less gold selling things to newer players with your super brilliant business. That's all it is, there's nothing else to it. It takes a lot of time to wait for an entire set of ascended gear through dailies. Players will pay the extra gold if they have it and want the items now. 

Speak for yourself and don't hide behind/lump yourself into "veteran players" - I for one don't share your opinions.

no there's others who agree with me, quite a few its messed up the entire market for anyone crafting  any armor and weapons, the demand has plummeted. the 10 of you in this forum that thinks its fine are not representative of the majority of people who craft. It deincentivises crafting for many when the items were already fair and balanced to obtain in the first place. IT also negates all the work I had to do years ago to obtain ascended which isnt fair.  So others get it easier while I had to do more work to get it, and now I can't even make money off of the hard work I did.  Its gross So all my work is just irrelavant so that some new people can have it easier. way to treat veteran players.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

If I had to guess, I would imagine that with the number of legendaries that exist in the game now, they may view legendaries as taking the place of ascended gear as the "gear to work towards".

Not sure how many of y'all were here for ascended gear's initial introduction, but its rollout was a bit rocky. Folks were pretty upset that a new gear type with enhanced stats was introduced beyond Exotic when there was a lot of implication at launch that wasn't going to be the case. This was made worse at the time given that you could only get them via Fractals.

Now that many years have passed since Ascended gear was released, I don't wonder if Anet wants to make it more attainable in general (harder to get than exotic but much easier than it was before), with the intention that the true challenging gear to attain would be Legendary, which has no base stat advantage and isn't necessary for fractals.

Just a wild guess though.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

This logic is ridiculous? Predatory lol? you obviously need a lesson in capitalism.  THe entire auction house is designed to be predatory as is the game.  I mean why not just add a vendor that sells all goods at the exact same price lol.  Completely remove the market.  What an absurd argument. I guess when anet makes a game that you like, and you spend money on it its predatory, because they're turning a profit lol.

Sorry offering my services and crafting things for people is a benefit because they are using my level 500 crafting to obtain the item they want, which i worked hard for to level up.  Its also a free market, dont buy it if you dont like the price. its a simple as that.  What should i be doing selling crafting components at a loss lol? ok you first have at it.  But when you see me with all my infusions and legendaries, dont be jealous cuz then you might be inclined to turn a profit too lol.

I'm not against capitalism or people selling what they craft.

But opening a thread complaining about something good for most of the players ... is being really greedy.

Edited by Axelteas.7192
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Imagine that, everyone on this post WHO DOESNT CRAFT, or stands to personally benefit from FREE ASCENDED GEAR IS FINE WITH IT! IMAGINE THAT!  well im not one of those people, i do craft things, I dont need ascended gear, i need gold, and all I get are people who have no gold and want free things, chiming in that its great.

Craft funded half of my legendary equipment. The other half was trade and money through playing, especially at festivals there is good money in the early stage.

Before crafting items I farmed the money, Anet has removed the possibility at some point, was annoying because it was so easy but then I just found another way - crafting - which was less lucrative but took much less time.

Find other ways for gold. I can't imagine you made much profit with exotic craft.
Trade the new daily currency for gold in the reward tab and you don't need to craft.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Hmm, I just sold all my bolts of damask I forgot about.

As for this capitalism you worship, those that do not diversify and adapt lose. You should accept the result. I have plenty of stuff for you to buy btw.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 4