Valdhertz crypts (mini-dungeon) still bugged and is now a daily?

I think maybe someone at ANet noticed some statistic about how this dungeon isn't completed very often and thought having it as a daily would give it some exposure. Well, it would see a lot more completions if it hadn't been bugged since EoD launch. I often played this when I was chasing jade runestones and it almost always failed to register participation in at least one room when I wasn't the only person there.

• Like 6

On 8/24/2023 at 6:17 AM, Paradoxium.6375 said:

I tried 3 times to complete this daily and it bugged out each time, I see 3 problems here.

1, It breaks easily, especially when there are a bunch of people trying to do it - and it was never fixed.

2, It is now a daily and that guarentees number 1.

3, There are only 4 tasks to open the 4 daily chest, meaning I cannot skip it and do something else to complete my daily.

I can see anyone else bringing this up so here is the post saying it is a problem and your letting everyone who goes there down.

Absolutely right  - this dungeon is not design for this kind of traffic - like trying to put cars driving from highway through some dirt road

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shadow.3240 said:

I successfully looted the chest but my daily still not completed 😞

Please add 1 more possible quest to the dailies to avoid the situations like this. After 4 complete quest, the rest could grayed out, so there will be 5 possible quest but you can do only 4. 

+1 to this idea, please let it happen.

Edited by Xantie.2735
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shadow.3240 said:

I successfully looted the chest but my daily still not completed 😞

Please add 1 more possible quest to the dailies to avoid the situations like this. After 4 complete quest, the rest could grayed out, so there will be 5 possible quest but you can do only 4. 

Are you sure you did the right dungeon? Just asking this because in chat some people believed the mini with the jade and amber runestones was the daily one.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:52 AM, leila.7962 said:

I have this issue every day or so, it also has a bug that so far i've only experienced when I cc the last two mobs before they finish their lines. When this happens, I cannot hit the orb, they keep respawning over and over and it just won't let you progress to the chests room.

Even if I do it by myself, it bugs quite often. I really wish they would fix this, since you can't prevent other players from getting in if you already started it.

I remember reporting the same bugs back in March of 2022 -- and 1.5 years, nothing has changed? That is sad.

It's hard to comprehend why they would make it a daily under these circumstances.

10 hours ago, Ziagramlyan.7632 said:

because no one likes it anyway. xoxo.

No one likes it? :classic_huh: I love this mini-dungeon... when it's working properly. 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, XzeM.4639 said:

I hope all of us affected will be compensated for the 10aa and daily chest...

did they even compensate those who got screwed over by the Spirit Vestibule daily? highly doubt ANet is going to care about compensation considering they already gave us this new daily system.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eyelogix.1654 said:

people without SotO got the vasburg daily

This isn't true. I have SotO and got the Vasburg Daily because I choose PvE + WvW as my quests.

38 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

The advantages of not buying an expansion. Sigh...

Well, this is more true for the "Getting the full package because good deal, now complete things in areas you never set a foot in" - Started to play again a year ago and I'm currently in Living World S4 of the Story (and completed SotO), kinda meh to be forced to wander into continentes where you never was IMO.

(Should IMO be dependend on which Story parts you have played and not a random out of "You own this expansions.")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's really annoying. I thought it was fixed - though I have done it only once and never tried to max out the permanent achievements. Considering that they needed more than a year to just fix the daily spirit killer it might still take them some time since here it is more complex of an issue lol.

Personally I think the dungeon was not that bad though the lever room is annoying. No obvious solution. The stuff explained in the wiki ... I'd never have figured that out. I can imagine a lot of players trying to randomly use the levers making it take longer - instead of waiting for 1 person to wiki it and then to the correct order. Environmental hinted solution would have been way better. (Giving hints in lore scrolls/books nearby.)

I remember at release that the thing was cleared - not possible to interacrt with the chests but you could run to the end. Then now it seems the first event bugs. Not offering more enemies - while still active and the bar not finished. Trying to go there again later every now and then. Annoying to misse like 40 astral acclaim because of that when I already am not doing one of my weeklies (PvP tournament). How hard can it be to at least implement some simple checks to reset stuff if necessary? Just a timer so the event at least can fail and restart if bugged and we don't need to wait to get lucky to find a new map. (With everyone playing other content - and SotO maps ... might not happen that often.)

• Like 1

Just to add to the tale of woe here. Also can't complete this dungeon today and have never successfully completed it in the past because of the bugged event chain not progressing.

I really like the Wizard's Vault but including known bugged, and therefore unachievable content in the daily rotation makes no sense, but to then make it impossible to choose something else as an alternative to complete the daily achievement just smacks of poor design. 

Really hope something is done about this sooner rather than later, as it sours the whole expansion for me.

EDIT - typically, logged in after sending this and managed to join a group that was partway through completing it, so finally got credit for the minidungeon after multiple attempts, but the point still stands, this shouldn't be down to luck, and there should be alternative options available to complete the daily achievement

Edited by Jonny.6013
Updated information
  • Like 3

Best desision to fix this dungeon - do it like private instance. This is not the type of content which you need to do with a group. It will immidiatelly fix at least few problem - easy to restart and no bugs where more that one player in so events will count properly.

Edited by Anchous.3750
  • Like 3

I fully agree with the openers 3 aspects and add a minor one: You can not mix classical achievements and those from the Wizards Vault in your watch list.

I wonder how Anet can claim the new system to be more flexible than the old one, when only rewards you got before by simply logging in, can be bought now in random order, but the players are forced to do exactly three actions despite they like them or not. Perhaps this incident persuades Anet to rethink some aspects of the new system as it has come obvious now that it is not only an improvement.

• Like 1