A moment of silence for the dearly departed.

Please take a moment of silence for the former Daily Login Rewards system and Daily Objectives. Both brought to their knees by Anet’s desire to force SOTO on ALL players, whether you purchased the expansion or not. I’m looking at you, Wizard’s Vault.

From the Official site: “The Wizard’s Vault is a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems, allowing you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to–whether it’s PvE, Player vs Player, or World vs World, or a mix–and earn a wide variety of exciting rewards for doing so.”

As long as you understand that “a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems” means that Anet selects your Dailies – which includes forcing SOTO objectives if you choose PvE.

So, they assume that everyone who has purchased SOTO must be playing it. God forbid that a player should want to play as one wants and take one’s time getting to SOTO. It seems providing players with 12 choices, choose three was too much for the players to handle, so Anet took it upon themselves to force 4 Dailies on players. And one HAS to do ALL FOUR to earn the Daily reward.

By the way, contrary to the above quotation, this does NOT allow “you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to”. It forces you to play the way Anet wants you to.

Also, it seems that players may have chosen the same type(s) of Daily Objectives, but be given different objectives. Which dissuades players from interacting with others, as opposed to encouraging teaming up to help each other achieve a common goal. Way to be divisive!

Don’t look for the chest to appear letting you know you have completed a Daily. Now you have to click on the Wizards Vault icon, and click on the appropriate chest in order to actually get the reward. If you forget, then, well done on completing the objective, too bad you did not claim it.

And the reward is another currency with an upper limit. And it appears that Anet is limiting the quantity of the items that one can purchase with this new currency.

From the GW2 Wiki: “Over the course of the 77 days players can accumulate up to 14,760 Astral Acclaim, 76 gold, and 110 Laurels,”

Remember though, one can only have a max of 1300 Astral Acclaim, so if you don’t spend in a timely fashion, you will simply fail to gain Astral Acclaim until you spend, That’s less than 1 gold per day, and only 10 laurels per week.

So, that’s what we have “gained”. Now let’s look at what we lost.

A chest that automatically appeared on the lower, right-hand side of the screen to reward you for logging into the game. This chest contained a variety of rewards that increased incrementally in a consistent fashion. The reward was not another currency, but items that players could use in a way that they chose (i.e. play as they want).

Then there are the Daily Objectives. As previously mentioned, one had 12 options, choose 3. There were 4 options for each playstyle. Please note the use of the terms “options” and “choose”, which allowed players to play as they want. And the rewards completing each daily objective fit the objective, PvP rewards included Potions of PvP Reward, WvW rewards included Potions of WvW Reward. These potions could be used right away to advance a PvP/WvW reward track a little, or saved to be used for crafting, upgrading Guild Halls. Also, 80 potions could be used to completely unlock a reward track – which was useful for people wanting a Gift of Battle for crafting Legendaries,

Don’t forget that for completing at least three of the twelve, one received 2 gold and 3 Spirit Shards. Also, one could complete as many of these twelve as one wanted, and be rewarded for each completion. This encouraged (rather than forced) players to try/play various styles.

For the same 77 days the GW2 Wiki referred to for the Wizard's Vault (see above), under the old system one would earn 154 gold, 231 Spirit Shards, 52 Mystic Coins, 101 Laurels, 5200 Luck, 11 Gem Store Items, 6 Transmutation Charges, 6 Bags of Fine Crafting Materials, 3 Celebration Boosters, 26 Tomes of Knowledge, 3 Chests of Exotic Equipment, 2 Chests of Loyalty (each can provide Vision Crystal and Ascended crafting materials OR 8 Obsidian Shards and 7 Mystic Clovers OR 20 Laurels OR 6 Tomes of Knowledge), and 4% permanent increase to gold find. Without the limitation of needing to spend Astral Acclaim in order to keep acquiring it, nor a limit on the quantity of an item that one could purchase with Astral Acclaim.

There's the math, We've lost more than we gained.

RIP old systems.

To Anet: please either do not "fix" something that is not broken or choose to actually fix it.  Thanks!

Edited by Invisible Pete.7290
Pasted as plain text per request
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 11

Honestly, I don't really mind login-rewards specifically getting nerfed.

People logging in with dozens of accounts did negatively impact the economy and allowed people with alt-accounts to make tens of thousands of gold, even more so if they did go through the effort of pitting their army of alts against each other in a private PvP arena to quickly complete PvP dailies - easy when you have enough accounts to fill an entire arena.

Abusing alts for login and daily rewards being the BEST income per time possible was a bad design and I think it's completely fine axing that.

Doesn't mean that I'm particularly delighted about the way Wizard's Vault works right now and they definitely need to improve on the new system but the old one had its own set of problems.

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

Personally I like the change since it encourages you to engage in the game and does not promote having x accounts that need to be harvested every day. Notice that most people complaining are the ones having multiple accounts. Is it really the sense of gaming?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

erm it is a bit late in the day to suddenly use that as an excuse for this abomination that is now dallies that is used to stop player greed with multiple accounts, i just don't like it and am confused now by something that was basic and simple and player friendly to this now over complicated unfriendly player system and to boot u get even less rewards, noice!

As for the relics i'm really miffed what's the point of them. Just annoying.

The new maps gorgeous of course, but.

not  happy customer.

excuse me i have 1 account.

Edited by deffy.1320
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

Honestly, I don't really mind login-rewards specifically getting nerfed.

People logging in with dozens of accounts did negatively impact the economy and allowed people with alt-accounts to make tens of thousands of gold, even more so if they did go through the effort of pitting their army of alts against each other in a private PvP arena to quickly complete PvP dailies - easy when you have enough accounts to fill an entire arena.

Abusing alts for login and daily rewards being the BEST income per time possible was a bad design and I think it's completely fine axing that.

Doesn't mean that I'm particularly delighted about the way Wizard's Vault works right now and they definitely need to improve on the new system but the old one had its own set of problems.

They could have simply put the rewards for logging in into the chest with the two gold, that we got after completing the dailies.

That way, effort would have to be put into it, but the rewards and CHOICES of the dailies stayed the same and wouldn't have been worse.

There had never been a need to implement this mobile game/battle pass crossbreed-esque system, if their only had been preventing multi-account people from getting their candies just for logging in.

However, I very much doubt multi-account login farmers were one of their reasons for the change.  If they had been a problem, they would easily have solved the issue long ago with minimal changes, like the one I thought up within half a second.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

They could have simply put the rewards for logging in into the chest with the two gold, that we got after completing the dailies.

That way, effort would have to be put into it, but the rewards and CHOICES of the dailies stayed the same and wouldn't have been worse.

There's some individuum who has a lower triple digit number of accounts that according to his own statement only needed 20-30s per account to finish dailies using the PvP method I mentioned. They made 100-300g per hour according to their own statement (depending on how favorable the spread of PvP dailies was). How does your suggestion stop these people?

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Invisible Pete.7290 said:

Please take a moment of silence for the former Daily Login Rewards system and Daily Objectives. Both brought to their knees by Anet’s desire to force SOTO on ALL players, whether you purchased the expansion or not. I’m looking at you, Wizard’s Vault.

From the Official site: “The Wizard’s Vault is a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems, allowing you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to–whether it’s PvE, Player vs Player, or World vs World, or a mix–and earn a wide variety of exciting rewards for doing so.”

As long as you understand that “a new streamlined rewards system that combines the best elements of the daily login and daily achievement systems” means that Anet selects your Dailies – which includes forcing SOTO objectives if you choose PvE.

So, they assume that everyone who has purchased SOTO must be playing it. God forbid that a player should want to play as one wants and take one’s time getting to SOTO. It seems providing players with 12 choices, choose three was too much for the players to handle, so Anet took it upon themselves to force 4 Dailies on players. And one HAS to do ALL FOUR to earn the Daily reward.

By the way, contrary to the above quotation, this does NOT allow “you to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to”. It forces you to play the way Anet wants you to.

Also, it seems that players may have chosen the same type(s) of Daily Objectives, but be given different objectives. Which dissuades players from interacting with others, as opposed to encouraging teaming up to help each other achieve a common goal. Way to be divisive!

Don’t look for the chest to appear letting you know you have completed a Daily. Now you have to click on the Wizards Vault icon, and click on the appropriate chest in order to actually get the reward. If you forget, then, well done on completing the objective, too bad you did not claim it.

And the reward is another currency with an upper limit. And it appears that Anet is limiting the quantity of the items that one can purchase with this new currency.

From the GW2 Wiki: “Over the course of the 77 days players can accumulate up to 14,760 Astral Acclaim, 76 gold, and 110 Laurels,”

Remember though, one can only have a max of 1300 Astral Acclaim, so if you don’t spend in a timely fashion, you will simply fail to gain Astral Acclaim until you spend, That’s less than 1 gold per day, and only 10 laurels per week.

So, that’s what we have “gained”. Now let’s look at what we lost.

A chest that automatically appeared on the lower, right-hand side of the screen to reward you for logging into the game. This chest contained a variety of rewards that increased incrementally in a consistent fashion. The reward was not another currency, but items that players could use in a way that they chose (i.e. play as they want).

Then there are the Daily Objectives. As previously mentioned, one had 12 options, choose 3. There were 4 options for each playstyle. Please note the use of the terms “options” and “choose”, which allowed players to play as they want. And the rewards completing each daily objective fit the objective, PvP rewards included Potions of PvP Reward, WvW rewards included Potions of WvW Reward. These potions could be used right away to advance a PvP/WvW reward track a little, or saved to be used for crafting, upgrading Guild Halls. Also, 80 potions could be used to completely unlock a reward track – which was useful for people wanting a Gift of Battle for crafting Legendaries,

Don’t forget that for completing at least three of the twelve, one received 2 gold and 3 Spirit Shards. Also, one could complete as many of these twelve as one wanted, and be rewarded for each completion. This encouraged (rather than forced) players to try/play various styles.

For the same 77 days the GW2 Wiki referred to for the Wizard's Vault (see above), under the old system one would earn 154 gold, 231 Spirit Shards, 52 Mystic Coins, 101 Laurels, 5200 Luck, 11 Gem Store Items, 6 Transmutation Charges, 6 Bags of Fine Crafting Materials, 3 Celebration Boosters, 26 Tomes of Knowledge, 3 Chests of Exotic Equipment, 2 Chests of Loyalty (each can provide Vision Crystal and Ascended crafting materials OR 8 Obsidian Shards and 7 Mystic Clovers OR 20 Laurels OR 6 Tomes of Knowledge), and 4% permanent increase to gold find. Without the limitation of needing to spend Astral Acclaim in order to keep acquiring it, nor a limit on the quantity of an item that one could purchase with Astral Acclaim.

There's the math, We've lost more than we gained.

RIP old systems.

To Anet: please either do not "fix" something that is not broken or choose to actually fix it.  Thanks!

Please paste as plain text. Large portions of your post are invisible to dark mode users.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Araun.1638 said:

Personally I like the change since it encourages you to engage in the game and does not promote having x accounts that need to be harvested every day. Notice that most people complaining are the ones having multiple accounts. Is it really the sense of gaming?

Glad you like the changes.  However, I wonder what facts you have to support your statement that "most people complaining are the ones having multiple accounts."  I've read a lot of the complaints myself, and haven't seen anyone state that they owned multiple accounts.

59 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

There's some individuum who has a lower triple digit number of accounts that according to his own statement only needed 20-30s per account to finish dailies using the PvP method I mentioned. They made 100-300g per hour according to their own statement (depending on how favorable the spread of PvP dailies was). How does your suggestion stop these people?

Have the match dailies require to require proper sPvP matches (or at least as proper as they can be with all the unmentionables that are going on there) without queuing up as a whole team.

That aside, if there some individual outliers that they want to tone down (or get rid of), they ought to target them specifically.

Blanket-hitting literally everyone is not a respectable solution for that.

Edited by Fueki.4753

There are unquestionably good aspects to the new system. The purchasing system is good, allowing players to focus on the rewards that best suit them. I'll give them points for that. But whoever came up with the notion of just having 4 options for the daily and needing to do all of them is an idiot. I'm sorry, but there's no other way to describe that choice. I find it mind boggling that it got past whatever kind of QA or oversight they have in their Dev processes. And whoever added in jump puzzles, when they must realise that a LOT of players don't do them and don't like them, is equally culpable.

Every daily has no choice. If I don't want to do jumping puzzles (and I don't if I can avoid it) there is no choice for my weeklies either. Hell, it had the kitten JP in WvW in there as an option. A jumping puzzle in a pvp zone? Apart from a specific group of trolls, I can't think of anyone that would be happy with that.

And I'm pretty sure that they said they wanted the new system to be more rewarding than what you would have got for the old login/daily system. To reward the players that actively play the game. Nothing about the maths I've seen so far suggests that's the case, especially bearing in mind that to get the maximum rewards you can't miss a single day, so you'll need to be dong some activities that you don't enjoy.

I'm not disagreeing with the need to move away from the passive login rewards being too good. But the implementation of the "solution" is so badly flawed that it's going to drive players away. And there simply isn't enough content in this "expansion" to cover up for how poor this core aspect is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Invisible Pete.7290 said:

I have a real big problem with this one.  I wasn't ready to start the story yet, I was finishing up stuff in other xpacs.  Silly me for preordering and now missing out on AA for awhile. 😞

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Endaris.1452 said:

How does your suggestion stop these people?

It doesnt, because thats not a thing you can do under any system. Its both not a thing you could do (you could at best do 2 dailies that way before in any one match, and earning a rank reward in 20s is impossible every day as the loser) and the current system doesnt stop them from doing the same things either. 

2 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Can we get all these login system changes threads merged - It's the same criticisms just taking up more and more space

Exactly. 

About the cap. Just spend your currency. No rrason to save up above 1300.

And also. Other thread made math which did a great job at seeing what was improved. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Can we get all these login system changes threads merged - It's the same criticisms just taking up more and more space

But you wouldn't read each person's suggestions if you had to sift thru 500 replys. You also have the crazy option of not clicking on everyone of these threads if you sick of it

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Please paste as plain text. Large portions of your post are invisible to dark mode users.

yeah, I don't understand why some posts here have very weird unreadable texts or extremely bright white background. Just write a post in normal without any fancy text editors. It's very hard to see or concentrate on some stuff here. 

On 8/24/2023 at 5:14 AM, Invisible Pete.7290 said:

I miss the 3 spirit shards/day from dailies. I would like to see those added back in somewhere.

• Confused 1

Just to clarify a bit.

1. My intent was to post what I found to be differences that indicate to me that the change was not an improvement. I may be focusing on what seems to be limiting aspects of the new system. I have been playing GW2 since launch, so I am aware that change is a constant. Perhaps over time somethings will become more evident.

2. Anet, as owner of the game I play, certainly has the right to make whatever changes they so desire. However, such a drastic change could have been better sold on their part. I write that because of the copious amount of threads touching on this topic just on this forum alone. These contributors (both original and commenters) are the vocal part of the community - most likely the tip of the iceberg. Considering the quantity, perhaps Anet should comment for clarification purposes.

3. I believe that removing our ability to choose the specific Daily Objectives is a bit heavy handed on their part. Offer players the chance to choose how they want to succeed. Don't force them into solely environmental options. This actually discourages players from trying something new, as they will be locked into how they chose their Daily Objectives the previous day.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and sharing information!

See you in game!

• Confused 1