How the new daily system in Wizards Vault reduced my enjoyment of GW2 [Merged]

33 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

well this one is a weeky for 40 points

also 3 days of extra 10 points means 1 gold.

i like gold

So.....like 20-odd gold in a 70+ day period for the lost dailies? And 9-ish gold for a lost weekly? 😂

Oh buddy, I can make 30+gold in 10 days opening five jade runestone chests in EoD in less time than it takes to make another "WIZARD VAULT DUMB" post on the forums. 😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

so i was complain that jump puzzles and cantha dungeons were stupid so someone suggest i do WVW misson. what a scam. i have to capture 5 edge of the mist objectives and theres no one in here at all

another dead mission and wasted wizard points. why is there no reroll system

ugh

Yep actually it's quite stupid, but i'm sure that in the future, by trial and errors, they will end up with a decent system, in the meantime try your best and maybe suggest all the fixes to do, like bugged stuff, clearly impossible things or maybe those that are just boring, this will help them to fix the problem in the future. 

Edited by NaramSin.2693
  • Confused 4

many commentors are saying they can do "x activity for x gold" which is true and i like to run the META trane also for gold like dragonfall, jade sea, drizzle coast, and others but this takes extended amount of time

however often during the week i have only a little time to play, so just daily is good for that time slot, except when they take forever like stupid catha dungeons and wvw objectives that no one plays. so now i lose gold

i could keep my gold if i could get a new objective that isnt stupid

Edited by bossdonut.1938
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

many commentors are saying they can do "x activity for x gold" which is true and i like to run the META trane also for gold like dragonfall, jade sea, drizzle coast, and others but this takes extended amount of time

however often during the week i have only a little time to play, so just daily is good for that time slot, except when they take forever like stupid catha dungeons and wvw objectives that no one plays. so now i lose gold

i could keep my gold if i could get a new objective that isnt stupid

But you don't need a new objective, do the ones you have.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But you don't need a new objective, do the ones you have.

how to capture world vs world objective solo? i see no players at 'edge of the mists'

and for the cantha ones they are just stupid and i dont like them and want to reroll it, hence the postings requesting this

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

how to capture world vs world objective solo? i see no players at 'edge of the mists'

By picking the smaller ones, killing one npc and capping those. And it's not always empty because you're not the only one getting those tasks.

20 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

and for the cantha ones they are just stupid and i dont like them and want to reroll it, hence the postings requesting this

But you can do those. You just don't want to for whatever reason (like... they're not fast enough?). No rerolls needed for either of these, do the task to get the aa or -if you don't have the time to play- don't and do something else another day/week. You're not "losing gold" here any more than you lose gold literally any time you don't actively farm for it. 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

By picking the smaller ones, killing one npc and capping those. And it's not always empty because you're not the only one getting those tasks.

But you can do those. You just don't want to for whatever reason (like... they're not fast enough?). No rerolls needed for either of these, do the task to get the gold or -if you don't have the time to play- don't and do something else another day/week. You're not "losing gold" here any more than you lose gold literally any time you don't actively farm for it. 

i captured a small point with a veteran guard and i did not get credit. i also check map chat for any players and got no response

and yes if i do not complete all objectives, i lose gold because i get less wizards points. i still complete them, but complain about it in the process, because some of the objectives are stupid

hence the threads

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

i captured a small point with a veteran guard and i did not get credit.

Not sentries, the ones with supplies.

5 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

and yes if i do not complete all objectives, i lose gold because i get less wizards points. i still complete them, but complain about it in the process, because some of the objectives are stupid

Yeah, as I said, you "lose gold" the same way you're losing it now because you're re-creating your threads instead of farming for gold. Where' your fomo now?

All your complaint says is "I could be making gold but I'm not because I don't want to do it".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Not sentries, the ones with supplies.

Yeah, as I said, you "lose gold" the same way you're losing it now because you're re-creating your threads instead of farming for gold. Where' your fomo now?

im not playing right now im reading the news, and also commenting here. theres no fomo with the gold, just limited time skins. the gold bags are infinite, for 30 wizards points.

so that is incorrect usage of fomo

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

im not playing right now im reading the news, and also commenting here.

Exactly, so "you're losing gold" because you could be getting more but you're not. Activate your FOMO. You're making the same choice you make ingame whether or not you want to do x for y reward. Your 20th thread about it won't change it, they already know you complained about it and either will make a change to address it or not regardless of you reposting it yet another time.

And, again, objectives in mists are soloable as well as the dungeon you keep complaining about so you can do it, you just don't want to. Looks a whole lot like a self-made problem to me.

13 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

so that is incorrect usage of fomo

Then what's the problem here? Isn't your whole complaint based on missing out on 10aa because it's fraction of a gold? 🙄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6

i do believe the above poster is just seeking to be a counterpoint troll to argue about what they perceive as fomo, which is incorrect, so i will have to move on from them

the whole purpose of this complaint is to send the message that a reroll option is preferred for wizard vault

or remove some objectives from rotation that are stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

What you deem "stupid" is subjective.  Some players may very well like the options available.

I also have limited time, yet I'm able to hit one or two world bosses and get at least 1 gold which sometimes takes less time than working through the daily.

I suggest, too, that you refrain from calling another poster trollish as that goes against the forums CoC.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

What you deem "stupid" is subjective.  Some players may very well like the options available.

I also have limited time, yet I'm able to hit one or two world bosses and get at least 1 gold which sometimes takes less time than working through the daily.

I suggest, too, that you refrain from calling another poster trollish as that goes against the forums CoC.

so the option of the reroll will be no problem then

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Misses 35 gold in a 70 or so day season (what I literally get in 10 days from 1 minute of work). Sky is falling. World is ending. WV sucks. Everyone is a troll for disagreeing with me. #FOMO

Dude, what. 😂You should really talk to someone about that. Enjoy the Obsidian Sanctum JP, though!

i am talking to you forum posters about it currently. many of you miss the point however, the request is quite clear, and continuously misuse the term fomo

i dont have jump puzzles this week i have the wvw weekly, as i posted earlier, i believe in direct response to you in fact, and in my op

leads me to believe that many posters here are just to derail my topic and argue for no reason while ignoring my position, as there is nothing to disagree with, so your comment makes no sense. another board user to ignore i guess that is just seeking to argue, for some reason

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

i do believe the above poster is just seeking to be a counterpoint troll to argue about what they perceive as fomo, which is incorrect, so i will have to move on from them

Oh, I agree that this should not be an example of fomo, but your posts clearly say otherwise: you ARE afraid of missing 10aa which is just some part of a gold you could have but won't have, what else is this supposed to be called? How is this different from regular fomo? 🤔

Also your inability to respond to a counterpoint doesn't make anyone else a troll.

Lets make it clear: if you miss out on any silver or gold because you don't want to do something, it's 100% on you. If you want to do something else for gold then do something else for gold -you don't need to get it through aa in the first place. That's it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bossdonut.1938 said:

so the option of the reroll will be no problem then

I don't object to that as a suggestion, but I'm pretty sure that Anet has this set up the way that it is for a reason.  They did add an additional item after feedback, so perhaps there is hope for you.

I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1