PvP is very One Sided at the moment

Mell.4873

You either play on team that AFKs or you play against a team that AFKs. Seems to come down to the many one-shot Builds at the moment.

These seem to be primary one-shot builds:

• Harbinger
  • Holosmith
  • Soulbeast
  • Dragonhunter

It's either due to new weapon combinations or the obvious reworked Ranger sword.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

soulbeasts can die very quickly, harbingers are very weak to being focus'd imo, holosmith isn't op and you can dodge their burst fairly consistently, DH is just annoying but also fairly glass cannon.

idk man I think the main problem is just the game is just unable to make fair matches with the current amount of specializations in the game, perhaps its better at higher rating where everyone plays the same builds but between g1-g3 you can still end up in teams where one look at the other teams comp will tell you that you will just be withered down while your team will absolutely struggle to stay upright in a fight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, atshadow.8695 said:

soulbeasts can die very quickly, harbingers are very weak to being focus'd imo, holosmith isn't op and you can dodge their burst fairly consistently, DH is just annoying but also fairly glass cannon.

idk man I think the main problem is just the game is just unable to make fair matches with the current amount of specializations in the game, perhaps its better at higher rating where everyone plays the same builds but between g1-g3 you can still end up in teams where one look at the other teams comp will tell you that you will just be withered down while your team will absolutely struggle to stay upright in a fight.

How dare you insinuate the problem is the players behind the class and not the game? Are you suggesting that people never consider their own skill level before commenting?... How dare you?

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Arheundel.6451 said:

How dare you insinuating the problem is the players behind the class and not the game? Are you suggesting that people never consider their own skill level before commenting?...How dare you?

😂i'm a pragmatic realist like that, even when it comes to my own level of skill

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, atshadow.8695 said:

For the most I don't have a problem with the Meta. I have even taken it upon myself to give a priority target list at the start of the match.

Its more my team leaves or the enemy.

If you're soloqueueing and you're not one of the very best players, the majority of games nowadays were decided by the matchmaker, win or lose. The system that determines rank makes it easy for someone to end up well above or below the rank they should be, so the matchmaker is often working with bad information, and even when people's rank matches their skill, the population is often too low to make good matches. And the more people who quit (and the rework to dailies could easily be a strong push factor, especially if someone is already frustrated by the decreasing quality of matches) the worse it gets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I do not feel that my matches are being more onesided however I am feeling like everybody became more… dangerous? bursty? I did see any changes at first but after a few games I noticed getting 2 shot more often by holo, I feel like I could have taken a little more hits from scrapper before, I noticed higher values on death's charge final hit and so on.

I could be wrong but because everybody suddenly has more stats, 10% damage buffs or more crits it would make sense.

Edited by aymnad.9023

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

If you're getting 1shot by a DH then you're doing something very wrong. There's only 1 class in that list that's incredibly difficult to counterplay consistently and it's not harb nor holo lol.

I mean their traps are invisible so unless you saw them being placed it's hard to tell where they will burst you. 

Once you step in them, you essentially can't leave and will die especially on classes, with few invulnerabilities. A good DH will always hide when the place them so you can't even send your pets into dispel them so it is essentially a cat and mouse situation. 

• Confused 4

PvP players when something doesn't die within 20 10 seconds:
"kittening bunkers. Please ANET nerf these skills and traits to death! Yes! removing more runes and amulets is good too!"

Also pvp players:
"Man kitten this one shot builds! Nerf everything again, I hate pOWer cReep!"

That is not to say that I find 100 to 0 combos from stealth good for the game:
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderOptimisticSalmonCharlietheUnicorn-gOqDpNtQYCGNUUrH

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Sereath.1428 said:

PvP players when something doesn't die within 20 10 seconds:
"kittening bunkers. Please ANET nerf these skills and traits to death! Yes! removing more runes and amulets is good too!"

Also pvp players:
"Man kitten this one shot builds! Nerf everything again, I hate pOWer cReep!"

I mean bunker still exists. Primary if the form of Willbenders, Warrior and Elementalist. (Vindicator to but I haven't seen one of those in a while)

They can be played bursty but they have alot of damage immunities and people tend to run some survivability on them. 

Edited by Mell.4873

1 hour ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

How do you deal with Test of Faith? I'm playing a zerker scrapper that only has 15.9k hp. It's insta-cast, unblockable, and if I try to dodge roll out I get pushed back in. Basically it seems like it's an "I win if you don't have teleport or stability."

I mean that is the other potential one shot build (zerkers especially) so you shouldn't complain to much. The main reason I didn't include Scrapper is becouse it has some defensive options so it isn't always a one shotter. 

In terms of what you can do, stealth and chain CC are your best options. The biggest threat to all these one shot builds is being focused. Opening with stealth and leaping thought your electric field is pretty much garrientied to one shot them especially with Zerkers. 

You probably know all this though. 

Edited by Mell.4873

11 hours ago, CallousEye.5018 said:

How do you deal with Test of Faith? I'm playing a zerker scrapper that only has 15.9k hp. It's insta-cast, unblockable, and if I try to dodge roll out I get pushed back in. Basically it seems like it's an "I win if you don't have teleport or stability."

Teleporting through it actually procs the pass through damage. You can dodge through its so try to be alert to positioning. Try to avoid f1 but if you get hit by it stay close to them so you can't be pulled through. Then you just need to worry about shield/longbow knockbacks which the can often be negated by positioning yourself so that if you get knocked back you don't go into the trap. Avoiding f1 tether makes everything much easier though.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, Mell.4873 said:

These seem to be primary one-shot builds:

• Harbinger
  • Holosmith
  • Soulbeast
  • Dragonhunter

Here is your list:

Dragonhunter

If your getting 1 shot by Dragon Hunter your either mis playing and accidentally ate traps (happens) or you'er bad. 

Soulbeast

Save stun breaks and dodges for intial engagments against SB. Step out of the way of maul and apply counter pressure. If your eatings mauls your either misuing ur evades stun / breaks and got caught. Or your bad.

Holosmith

As squishy as it gets. Kite around all of the intial burst - apply counter pressure.

Harbinger

Run relic of anti toxin and use condition cleanes in ur utility. This last part is important - if you get a glass cannon and a harb - gear ur bar for 1 fight in the match and avoid the others. Farm the one your set up to kill and rinse and repeat.

100% of these posts translate to = I do not know that I am not supposed to be able to counter everything I encounter and since I am countered by something it is therefore overpowered. Your not supposed to be favored in all ur match ups. You can trait to give your self advantages against 1-2 engagments, and avoid the others. Practice kiting and surviving. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:31 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

If you're getting 1shot by a DH then you're doing something very wrong. There's only 1 class in that list that's incredibly difficult to counterplay consistently and it's not harb nor holo lol.

Exactly. 

@Arheundel.6451 That clip is perfect. It sums up what I see every time I open the forums. Down to the incomprehensible grunting and muttering LOL!

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Here is your list:

If your getting 1 shot by Dragon Hunter your either mis playing and accidentally ate traps (happens) or you'er bad. 

Save stun breaks and dodges for intial engagments against SB. Step out of the way of maul and apply counter pressure. If your eatings mauls your either misuing ur evades stun / breaks and got caught. Or your bad.

As squishy as it gets. Kite around all of the intial burst - apply counter pressure.

Run relic of anti toxin and use condition cleanes in ur utility. This last part is important - if you get a glass cannon and a harb - gear ur bar for 1 fight in the match and avoid the others. Farm the one your set up to kill and rinse and repeat.

100% of these posts translate to = I do not know that I am not supposed to be able to counter everything I encounter and since I am countered by something it is therefore overpowered. Your not supposed to be favored in all ur match ups. You can trait to give your self advantages against 1-2 engagments, and avoid the others. Practice kiting and surviving. 

Exactly. 

@Arheundel.6451 That clip is perfect. It sums up what I see every time I open the forums. Down to the incomprehensible grunting and muttering LOL!

Again, I'm not saying I have problems dealing with these builds. It is the wider player base that does.

I mean its common practice for a DH to leave his traps on point then leave and if you lack damage immunity then bye bye to all your health.
Like I have been saying I give my team a priority list now and I also tell them what to avoid even using skill on especially during a team fight.

Here is a new List, These Classes you should never target in a team fight or duel under any circumstance unless you are a one-shot build yourself.

Avoid these Elites:

• Core Guardian
  • Herald
  • Vindicator (Rare but still tanky)
  • Elementalist (all of them)
  • Warrior (all of them)
  • Druid (Core Ranger sometimes)
Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It is the wider player base that does.

Yeah I agree they do. I watch people stroll into mid to die by trap all the time. That's on them though not the game lol. Wait for a ranger to send a pet in. Mez to send clones, war to rampage through it. I mean there's tons of options. They're just trolling themselves at that point - and I guess that's pretty much my whole point over the last few posts I've made. The "wider" player base plays like potatoes and I dont want to see the game balanced around them anymore. Its terrible. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/27/2023 at 4:26 AM, CallousEye.5018 said:

You focus 4 other people and let somebody better equipped to deal with DH

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1