Unpopular Feedback: I love the new dailies and wizard's vault

Absolutely agreed, except that I don't really feel like the PvP weeklies are especially challenging. They were the first ones I got done, and in just a few matches.

Anyhow, yeah, overall I love the new system. The rewards are great, and I love the flexibility. I always thought the old login/daily system was super bland. Really don't understand all the uproar about it, but then again, that seems to be fairly common practice for this game's forums, sadly.

Edited by Kalibri.5861
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

From what I've seen, the majority in the game itself really likes the Wizard's vault. It's only really been on the forums where there is a lot of dislike. I did ask about the disparity in one of my Guilds, and the general suspicion was that multiboxers are the ones who hate the Wizard's vault the most, as they lost their money making methods with the old system.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I have to wonder what this content is that you haven't done in years. Most dailies are trivial, general stuff everyone does all the time. I haven't had anything that sent me to do something requiring anything specific at all yet. If anything these dailies are less diverse, they never send you to a specific area.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I have to wonder what this content is that you haven't done in years.

For me it was the sanctum sprint adventure. Haven’t done it in years, it was actually fun. I usually always did the WvW dailies, now I have a mix of PvE and WvW. 
And I agree, the new system is better and more fun than the old. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Kalibri.5861 said:

Absolutely agreed, except that I don't really feel like the PvP weeklies are especially challenging. They were the first ones I got done, and in just a few matches.

Anyhow, yeah, overall I love the new system. The rewards are great, and I love the flexibility. I always thought the old login/daily system was super bland. Really don't understand all the uproar about it, but then again, that seems to be fairly common practice for this game's forums, sadly.

I see, I had to play 9 ranked games just to win 3!! I usually win 90% of my ranked games, but with the influx of players who weren't prepared for PvP trying to do their weeklies (and trying to carry a friend,) a lot went wrong!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I have to wonder what this content is that you haven't done in years. Most dailies are trivial, general stuff everyone does all the time. I haven't had anything that sent me to do something requiring anything specific at all yet. If anything these dailies are less diverse, they never send you to a specific area.

This.

I am not sure how one would go years without identifying unid gear, salvaging gear, using foot/utilities, and dodging an attack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion.
Honestly they're not too dissimilar from the older dailies(PvE at least), sure there are some odd ones like "kill X enemies while under an enhancement", but there are still the usual go do events in this region ones too.
the biggest change is i now have a choice in what my rewards will be, instead of some random unidentified gear, and writs of experience.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Thanks 1

Same, old dalies got me to log in and out. New dailies feels like a minigame with fun rewards. I also feel having 200 alts that you daily log into not healthy gameplay. I think they could do a lot to improve the system if they had more options, so you could select between a few more, which dailies you'll complete to get your rewards. This could also protect players who don't have access to certain zones yet on that character. It makes the daily experience more friendly, while keeping all the hard work that went into turning dailies into an interesting system that allows much more variety. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

In general I like the system, since I no longer get stuff that I do not need.

There is however a problem, that became obviously clear today.

I have set my dailies to PvE, and you need to complete all 4 objectives to get the overall rewards. However, when one of the dailies is bugged (As reported in the Bugs section for Valdhertz Crypt) you are simply unable to complete the daily.

This should be adressed, as offered by some: have more dailies to choose from, grey out after 4 completed. This way people won't get stuck and miss completing dailies due to 1 being bugged or unable to complete in other means.

Outside of that, yeah I am overall positive of this new system.

• Like 1

I don't mind that it's more of a shop system that lets you choose the rewards now--I think that's an improvement--but I hate that there is a lot less freedom to be able to choose how you complete the dailies now, and a lot is more combat-heavy. It's less fun, less freedom, and less accessible for people who can't spend as much time on things like combat. It looks like quite a bit still includes doing things in areas that players don't even have access to. Personally, I'm also not a fan of story completion as part of the dailies at all. A lot of the chapters take a big chunk of time and not everyone has that time.

• Confused 1

What content haven't you do in years? I like I was able to avoid some boring / tedious content, now we're forced to do 3 -- NO CHOICE. Having to do 3 from 12 was always manageable and let people play based on their playstyle. Even if you like WvW, you'd still usually have 5-6 to pick from to get your daily 3, now you might end up with 3 that are difficult or just a timesink.

New system sucks, less flexible, less time friendly, less fun.

• Confused 1