I just had the most uncomfortable experience in GW2 since game launch

Kovac.4372

1 hour ago, Cuks.8241 said:

No it is not common sense. Common sense is respecting the lfg posting. Yes very often a few dps will join early (and they wont get kicked because its just a strike). But when you open squad for dps theres an avalanche of dps that were waiting for posting. Its quite clear most players wait for their spots to open.

Ok, I'll just disagree. I've joined 100s of squads and you've probably listed 100 of groups. You think the polite dps are waiting. Except of course the few that join early every time like me you don't kick. I think it's cuz the group prob now 6/10 and people join those fast at the end because they know it'll start soon most don't want to join at 1/10 and risk waiting. There's a log and I have never seen or been booted myself just for joining as dps at 1/10. So we have very different experiences.

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Ok, I'll just disagree. I've joined 100s of squads and you've probably listed 100 of groups. You think the polite dps are waiting. I think it's cuz the group prob now 6/10 and people join those fast at the end because they know it'll start soon most don't want to join at 1/10 and risk waiting. There's a log and I have never seen or been booted myself just for joining as dps at 1/10. So we have very different experiences.

You haven't been booted because:

A. The com wasn't to strict and at 2/10 he still has enough spots open for the LFG not to get delisted from supports joining

B. You are the typical "I am inportant dps and rules don't apply to me" player. Suffice to say if everyone acted this way commanders would have an even harder time organizing and getting the supports in

C. You've rarely run into a guild group which is filling up but doesn't have all members present.

I don't see how this is even a discussion. A very simple exercise to do in such a case:

Imagine how things would be if everyone acted the way I (you) do. Is the situation better or worse? The answer to that question is rather simple.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You haven't been booted because:

A. The com wasn't to strict and at 2/10 he still has enough spots open for the LFG not to get delisted from supports joining

B. You are the typical "I am inportant dps and rules don't apply to me" player. Suffice to say if everyone acted this way commanders would have an even harder time organizing and getting the supports in

C. You've rarely run into a guild group which is filling up but doesn't have all members present.

I don't see how this is even a discussion. A very simple exercise to do in such a case:

Imagine how things would be if everyone acted the way I (you) do. Is the situation better or worse? The answer to that question is rather simple.

It's not I am more important. It's oh cool theses a lfg for something that I also want to do. And no I def don't  want to argue with you cuz you will go back and forth for two hours and I don't have that time lol. You're looking for 1 thing there's 8 spots left please stop acting like people joining your group are selfish or doing something wrong. That is just so illogical. This is like every other game not letting anyone join until it has a Tank and Healer. You put a lfg up for people to join. If you seriously don't want dps till every support is filled, put no dps yet and kick every dps that joins but no one does that but you all on here reaming the op for the audacity of joining a strike as dps at 1/10 which is the only thing I don't agree with.

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

It's not I am more important. It's oh cool theses a lfg for something that I also want to do. And no I def don't  want to argue with you cuz you will go back and forth for two hours and I don't have that time lol. You're looking for 1 thing there's 8 spots left please stop acting like people joining your group are selfish or doing something wrong. That is just so illogical. This is like every other game not letting anyone join until it has a Tank and Healer. You put a lfg up for people to join. If you seriously don't want dps till every support is filled, put no dps yet and kick every dps that joins but no one does that but you all on here reaming the op for the audacity of joining a strike as dps at 1/10 which is the only thing I don't agree with.

So this is about semantics in the end and the commanders not putting specific instructions for what they are NOT looking for in the LFG and only in regards to 1 role (and the most easy to fill role at that).

I don't care what you do because you do you, but save us from the "I am in the right and it's fine" thesis.

If you are joining LFGs on roles which are not asked for, you are making life harder on commanders. Sometimes more, sometimes less, while always exploiting the fact that not everyone acts in such a selfish manner.

Sometimes joining this way has repercussions and ends the way topic creator described and that is what others and myself have pointed out.

Respect the LFG is not some idea some players should or get to act on when they see fit. It's a way to keep things civilised, organised and manage able for everyone involved. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

So this is about semantics in the end and the commanders not putting specific instructions for what they are NOT looking for in the LFG and only in regards to 1 role (and the most easy to fill role at that).

I don't care what you do because you do you, but save us from the "I am in the right and it's fine" thesis.

If you are joining LFGs on roles which are not asked for, you are making life harder on commanders. Sometimes more, sometimes less, while always exploiting the fact that not everyone acts in such a selfish manner.

Sometimes joining this way has repercussions and ends the way topic creator described and that is what others and myself have pointed out.

Respect the LFG is not some idea some players should or get to act on when they see fit. It's a way to keep things civilised, organised and manage able for everyone involved. 

Wow. Semantics. Stop pretending you know my mindset. I am joining early. I am not delisting your group. Someone joining your group is not making it harder. I told you the only thing I disagree with and you throw 4 non related things out to win. Put anything you want in lfg. No dps no players named Jilora can join. Don't pretend there's some unwritten rule. Stop living in fantasy land where the 1st 2 to join are the tank and healer or all support in GW2 then all DPS line uip in order and ea msg you may I join now plz?

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why do you assume I follow you around? I dont even know who you are man/woman/it any of the 76 other genders. ( dont want to offend someone)

Stop contacting me then!!

14 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Your advice boils down to:

Please keep ignoring other players preferences and asks.

and somehow you consider this good advice. That is very sad. Yet somehow you are trying to spin this as: it's the other guys fault. That's delusional.

I think you are delusional to think that other people cannot be at fault... Reflect.

• Confused 15
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

And if they don't like , those who play that mode (instanced content) should change game to FF14 or Wow . 

GW2 have enought dps players to fill that role instatly . 10-50 less players wont make a dent !

Spoiler

(i see dwidling numbers , i feel happy . Next is the fight between raiders vs sellers, for the aut0-lfg vs the selling bussness)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 10

13 minutes ago, Janitsu.6284 said:

Stop contacting me then!!

I think you are delusional to think that other people cannot be at fault... Reflect.

To be fair, your whole.. argument? was that noone should care what others ask, because people who have requirements are somehow... rude. His assessment is pretty spot on.
Also, I love when people get upset that in a public setting there are people who can respond to them.

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And if they don't like , those who play that mode (instanced content) should change game to FF14 or Wow . 

GW2 have enought dps players to fill that role instatly . 10-50 players wont make a dent !

If you don't like people ignoring what your squad description is, you should leave the game is the best argument I have heard so far.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Janitsu.6284 said:

And my argument is correct.. your argument being? I can't see anything 🤣🤣🤣.

And if I am stalking someone IRL (In Real Life) police would be called upon me IMMEDITELY. Only in online forums (why is there no akronym for that??) it's permmited.

Are you okay? To accuse someone of stalking while your profile and posts are public crosses a few lines.

• Like 10

On 8/26/2023 at 1:19 PM, Kovac.4372 said:

Today has been a bit slow getting an IBS 5 group going. Been waiting alone advertising my group for some 5 minutes. So I take another look at the tab and notice another 1/10 group for IBS 5 + DS, decide to join them.

Group starts filling up. We're in Shiverpeaks Pass. Commander asks me for my role. I'm on my soulbeast, so I say dps. Commander gets mad at me because group advertised qdps and alac. I say I joined when it was 1/10, you don't need a whole squad full of qdps alac do you? Plus this is strikes, not raids, it's a breeze. I get berated like "if everyone thought like you blablabla". I'm like whatever, didn't reply..

Strikes go fine. My damage is good. At last one, Boneskinner, I get a whisper from commander saying I shouldn't say I'm dps when my dps is lower than some alac in the group. I figure the guy is looking at some of those dps tracking mods and comparing me to a probably better player. But like, I know I'm doing good, the dude is being pedantic, and at this point very annoying considering I've done a bazillion strike runs and never had any issues. Boneskinner goes well, no problems from me, good damage, didn't down once, helped rez downed players, Boneskinner dead fast.

I enter DS, decide to whisper back to the commander - "I'm doing fine, you've got some issues friend"

Commander kicks me out of squad.

"Case and point" I send them.

I would have kicked you too in that situation. You neither mentioned your role upon joining, nor did you fulfill your role. Saying you're good without evidence and numbers while others have the numbers in front of them is just ignorant.

I also open my raid and strike squads with supports first sometimes, also for fractal groups. There is a simple reason for this. If we open up DPS right at the beginning, 6-7 players might join at once and overfill, so we have to kick players to make room for needed supports. It's not a nice experience for the players, nor for us commanders.

I won't kick any DPS early if they mention their role or just asking me. You don't seem to care that we commanders are responsible for an optimal run and have to organize the group as well as possible. That is our task. Most of the BoonDPS in strikes do less damage because it's more casual content - and this is totally fine if they can keep up their boons. But if the Commander tells you that your DPS is below an AlacDPS, you cannot say "I'm doing fine". It was even kind of him to text you privately instead of flaunting you. In addition, despite your ignorance, the commander tolerated you until the end, until you really crossed the line. We and everyone in the squad expect a smooth, clean run and don't want to deal with people on a daily basis who let themselves be carried through and don't respect the LFG. For everything else there are everyone welcome groups.

Do you know what the irony is? You could have avoided all of this if you had simply revealed your role from the start or asked the commander.

I also don't go into someone else's household and ignore their rules.

If you're not cooperative in group content, sure, but expect appropriate responses.

Another solution would be to buy your own tag. If you are the commander, you are responsible for everything and you can make your own rules if you don't like a normal strike group, that just wants to have a smooth run with everyone doing their job. Good luck with that tho. Responsibility is not easy, especially since there are always ignorant people. That's how you could see the other side and maybe.. maybe you understand us.

Edited by Radiancee.6537
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

14 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

and the other people can do whatever they like in their mode-preference 😛

As pointed out in my previous post you didn't respond to (despite quoting it), you can already do whatever you like in current lfg. And yet... you're not doing it:

23 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No matter how many times you'll repeat this empty, meaningless sentence, it won't change the fact that you -and anyone else, including op- are already able to make "everyone welcome" groups in current lfg and not care about literally any role if you don't want to. Meanwhile you're not doing it. So some "autoque" rather obviously won't change that. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You never miss a day to write something incoherent, do you?

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As pointed out in my previous post you didn't respond to (despite quoting it), you can already do whatever you like in current lfg. And yet... you're not doing it:

Therefore don't feed the troll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Niether you dont respont to me , why the auto-lfg is bad :p

Other games have auto-lfg and they can offer the same boss mechanics  like GW2 (kite-tak-healer) and even healers Druids can que up as tank regardles of gear (the system only filter by item lvl).

You go in great length that its the commander right to kick people and he is justified to do so .  While I am asking for the rest of the community  to avoid entrirly avoid  these commanders ,without glimsing for a sec those people .

Those toxic commanders does not need to be protected , but be "hiden" forever . We dont need the casuals to become like those commanders  :p

• Confused 7

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Niether you dont respont to me , why the auto-lfg is bad 😛

Plenty of people did, including me, maybe just read the relevant threads.

1 minute ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You go in great length that its the commander right to kick people and he is justified to do so .  While I am asking for the rest of the community  to avoid entrirly avoid  these commanders ,without glimsing for a sec those people .

And as already explained, that's already possible and yet you're still refusing to use it:

On 8/26/2023 at 6:43 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

No matter how many times you'll repeat this empty, meaningless sentence, it won't change the fact that you -and anyone else, including op- are already able to make "everyone welcome" groups in current lfg and not care about literally any role if you don't want to. Meanwhile you're not doing it. So some "autoque" rather obviously won't change that. 🤷‍♂️

Clearly you don't have anything to asnwer here, so... good luck with your bad baits 🙋‍♂️

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Plenty of people did, including me, maybe just read the relevant threads.

And as already explained, that's already possible and yet you're still refusing to use it:

Clearly you don't have anything to asnwer here, so... good luck with your bad baits 🙋‍♂️

You avoid once again to say the reason for the uato-lfg , because i know i can easily shut it down :P

Once again if you go in such leght to protect those raiders that can easily  kick others , then it doesnt mean i will let the casuals to become like them :P We must hide those "people" just like high-item-lvl- auto-ques (in their won mini-world), like any other game :p

• Confused 7

3 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You avoid once again to say the reason for the uato-lfg , because i know i can easily shut it down 😛

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/132731-rework-lfg-tool/#comments

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/135009-lfg-for-raids-is-awful/#comments

And you can look for more by yourself. I will not compile anything for you since you're dodging anyways, so happy reading and talking in the threads relevant to what you apparently keep wanting to derail into here. And you can't "shut down" anything, there was one thing responded to you in this thread about the thing you wanted to talk about and you still repeatedly failed to address it at all, let alone somehow "shut it down". 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2023 at 6:54 PM, Kovac.4372 said:

You can't let bullies bully without repercussions ... that just teaches them their behavior will not impact them negatively. You must always react, if enough people do so, the bully will stop doing behavior that makes people react negatively. 

Exactly.
And that is why we kick DPS joiners out of "LF alac and quick" groups 🙂

• Like 12

On 8/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, I'm not making squads like that and I also don't exactly agree with that "prioritization" because it seems pointless to me.

I usually do it becouse I am easly overhelmed when whole squad fills instantly, and I have problems organizing it then. Sometimes it ended up in me having to kick some peoples to make room for support, and since dps filled almost instantly, I had no idea who joined last, and sometimes I got so confused that some sub ended up without boon or heal. 🙂

So (at least in my expirience) it is for a convinience reasons. Altho if any dps joined me and asked if he could stay, I never refused them, just placed for the special sub for a time being. Other thing is with peoples like OP (no role, blunt entitled tone, not doing the role he/she stated). This kind of peoples I kick the second I spot them.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Commander asks for specific roles A+B. Player joins and doesn't provide roles A+B but C. Commander let's player stay anyway but player doesn't even really do role C properly. Meanwhile player is arguing about it and saying commander "has issues".

This is just rude by the player and the commander has every right to be annoyed. After all he's already doing extra work to organize and lead the group for other people.

But sure, keep wondering why you're being kicked and having "uncomfortable experiences". If you don't like how others run their squad, start your own.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 8/27/2023 at 7:06 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I like FF14's policy of banning players who dps shame others.

You're wrong about that. I shame people all the time in that game for doing low dps. I've kicked people all the time for doing low dps. The only thing you can't do is mention you're using third party addons to do it. You can absolutely just say that you noticed they are not performing their rotation correctly and then kick them for that. 

As for the OP, absolutely deserved.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1