I am abit worried that

53 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

The new dailys that gives u 100s gold for almost nothing and legendary starter kitt that gives u like 500 gold worth is like they giving away everything in the game for nothing before a new Guild Wars game drop 

they're not giving anything away; the new system encourages fomo which means players are logging in to do their dailies and weeklies and get the new, exclusive rewards. even if they'll be available in the future, they still need to build up the currency at some point, so why not now?

this will in turn bring more players to the gemstore and sell more expansions, its a classic marketting tactic.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

they're not giving anything away; the new system encourages fomo which means players are logging in to do their dailies and weeklies and get the new, exclusive rewards. even if they'll be available in the future, they still need to build up the currency at some point, so why not now?

this will in turn bring more players to the gemstore and sell more expansions, its a classic marketting tactic.

I dont know man. When people are given almost all for free than people mostly stop care cuz whats the point than ?

• Confused 3

You are right to be worried. It's a subtle method of letting newer players catch up at the expense of devaluing all current veteran's account value. Whatever effort you put in to currently acquire something in the game will 100% be easier to acquire as more expansions get released. See skyscale, legendary armor, legendary weapons (gen 1 at least), ascended gears, build templates, anything that can be purchased off the TP since the large increase in gold income from the wizard's vault, etc.

Also there has been crazy power creep with every expansion which makes older pve content easier to complete as well. 

This is why I mostly only do WvW. It doesn't matter how much easier the game becomes if it's the same for both ally and enemy.

I wouldn't invest too heavily into this game if you only do PVE. About 3-4 expansions later, I would not be surprise if a newer player can churn out a legendary weapon once per week without gem to gold conversion.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Even if they announce GW3 today its probably gonna be another 3-5 years before it release.

This. Even if they announced it for next year, as in they had somehow been secretly working on a new Guild Wars project for a long time now, that's still a full year of play.

But given that they are talking about more expansions for this one, I highly doubt that. I'm fairly certain that by the time they drop a new Guild Wars, most everyone here will be quite ready for something different and happy to have it.

In the meantime, it's nice to see some catchup mechanics for new players. Given how many new zones there are, Anet could be worried about population spread and are trying to help folks along to get us all in different areas.

Remember that this is a 77 day cycle you’re looking at. A lot of the things will sell you about what you would have gotten in three 28 day cycles of the old system.

As to the legendary boxes, you’re talking leggies that have been in game for a decade now. You can only get one this cycle, and will still have to provide the rest of the required materials.

The ascended boxes are the only thing that seems questionable.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 2

Remember that Astral Acclaim is capped at 1300.  It can't be hoarded past that.  It must be spent inorder to claim more.  If you buy some things with the currency then you aren't buying others.  The special missions fill you up once.  How often do the special missions cycle?  

For that matter  because of fomo, this could be the cheapest that the gold, clovers, and MC will ever be.  The prices could easily change.  They may throw them all into that legacy tab and double, or triple, the price of the gold, clovers, and MC specifically.

• Thanks 1

At least one more expansion I'd expect. Cause they hinted at other ways for story-telling. (Focusing on other stuff after the SotO.) That might be the stuff leading to a GW3? I did not play GW1 at the original release but at the end they seemed to also have smaller stuff there. Maybe the SotO can be compared to the Eye of the North expansion from GW1 and I think according to the wiki there were bonus missions and other story content after that.

Maybe we will get a "Wayfinder's Reverie" event here as well lol. (Instead of Wayfarer.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

At least one more expansion I'd expect. Cause they hinted at other ways for story-telling. (Focusing on other stuff after the SotO.) That might be the stuff leading to a GW3? I did not play GW1 at the original release but at the end they seemed to also have smaller stuff there. Maybe the SotO can be compared to the Eye of the North expansion from GW1 and I think according to the wiki there were bonus missions and other story content after that.

Maybe we will get a "Wayfinder's Reverie" event here as well lol. (Instead of Wayfarer.)

its going to be alot more than just one more expansion. as others have stated, even if they started development on a sequal to this game right now, it would take nearly half a decade to make and that's plenty of time to release another 3-4 expansions at once a year.

they've already stated that they're going to do more; that's the whole point of the new model.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

You are right to be worried. It's a subtle method of letting newer players catch up at the expense of devaluing all current veteran's account value. Whatever effort you put in to currently acquire something in the game will 100% be easier to acquire as more expansions get released.

I wouldn't invest too heavily into this game if you only do PVE. 

It's almost as if this is a game and not a retirement account. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, A Hamster.2580 said:

You are right to be worried. It's a subtle method of letting newer players catch up at the expense of devaluing all current veteran's account value. Whatever effort you put in to currently acquire something in the game will 100% be easier to acquire as more expansions get released. See skyscale, legendary armor, legendary weapons (gen 1 at least), ascended gears, build templates, anything that can be purchased off the TP since the large increase in gold income from the wizard's vault, etc.

Also there has been crazy power creep with every expansion which makes older pve content easier to complete as well. 

This is why I mostly only do WvW. It doesn't matter how much easier the game becomes if it's the same for both ally and enemy.

I wouldn't invest too heavily into this game if you only do PVE. About 3-4 expansions later, I would not be surprise if a newer player can churn out a legendary weapon once per week without gem to gold conversion.

Except older players can get it too. I have multiple accounts, and I've made a decent amount of gold doing weekliies on a few of them. It's a very nice bonus for me.

• Like 1