Are devs actually playing the game?

I am asking, because stealth (ab)users were oppressive AF in wvw already.

Now the relics drop. And lo and behold: one of them is specific for stealth (ab)users, the other one specific for thiefs. Which are also a stealth abusing class.

Way to go Arenanet. People hate facing thieves - and now you drop two relics that make thieves even worse to face. Of course, the rest of the classes are left behind.

Because either

Arenanet cares about thieves, mesmers and noone else.

or

Arenanet devs have no idea about their game. Do not play wvw or pvp and can't even understand how frustrating it is to be constantly hit out of stealth with no real chance to retaliate. How thieves not only kill everyone elses fun - they also break the game constantly with their stealth&porting abilities.

So ANET, what is it? Pet classes and the rest can f* off? Or no idea how your own game actually works?

Btw, the other relics that activate on elite use? What did you consume when you came up with that idea? Have you checked the cooldowns on elite skills in wvw and pvp lately?

Oh, why I am even asking. You have your pet classes (mesmer, thief, guardian, ranger and lately mechanist) and no idea what is actually going on.

Congratulations.

I want my old runes back. NOW.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 2

While facing thieves/mesmers can be frustrating, there is a by-far larger issue in WvW which occurs (probably) because ANet does play WvW.  That is the progressive nerfing of boon removal (strip/corruption) which promotes the even more frustrating boon ball meta.  Come to think of it, though, if devs are primarily running in blobs, thieves are a non-issue for them.  FWIW, I have never seen an ANet tag roaming.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

the relic of Peitha is even worse. Increase thief dmg, when they shadowstep (something we really did not need) and with a 4s cooldown. While most other relics depend on elite cooldown - which is measured in MINUTES.

Broken and braindead. But at least engis can be happy with their 'activate on elixir' relic.

As I said: anet has no clue about their game. None at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

While facing thieves/mesmers can be frustrating, there is a by-far larger issue in WvW which occurs (probably) because ANet does play WvW.  

This.  The forgotten stepchild of the game.   They are always tweaking this mode in reaction to something so OP be careful what you wish for in regard to relics. 

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Confused 4

Guys, have you actually played as a thief? By your words, it sounds like thieves should be deleted along with their stealth... Can you show this masterclass you're talking about? It would be nice to watch a video authored by you, where it's clearly shown how you dominate other players by "appearing for just a second to deal unimaginable damage and then going back into stealth". Anyone?

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

Guys, have you actually played as a thief? By your words, it sounds like thieves should be deleted along with their stealth... Can you show this masterclass you're talking about? It would be nice to watch a video authored by you, where it's clearly shown how you dominate other players by "appearing for just a second to deal unimaginable damage and then going back into stealth". Anyone?

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Dude, I can send you a ton of videos of skilled PvP players playing any class and dominating everyone. Send me your video where you personally show how a thief owns everyone. Or are you that same DJ who can also dominate pretty hard as an engi? So engineers should be nerfed too, right?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

IMO stealth mechanics should be nerfed in this game and classes that rely on it compensated elsewhere. I don't think they're necessarily powerful but the fact that they (and willbender to a certain extent) can pick and choose when to engage/disengage so easily is incredibly frustrating to play against. Like how are you ever gonna kill a deadeye that doesn't make a massive mistake? lol

• Like 8
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Oh guess I missed that one. So now instead of having permastealth and being impossible to hit due to tps, evades and showing up for 1s to hit once before vanishing again, I guess they will now do the same. 

this is literally a trait(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meld_with_Shadows) theives already have access to, i doubt most thief players are going to double dip and use it.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Lilas.3648 said:

IMO stealth mechanics should be nerfed in this game and classes that rely on it compensated elsewhere. I don't think they're necessarily powerful but the fact that they (and willbender to a certain extent) can pick and choose when to engage/disengage so easily is incredibly frustrating to play against. Like how are you ever gonna kill a deadeye that doesn't make a massive mistake? lol

Og... my... god! How long will this outrage continue! Thieves dared to use stealth without this guy's permission. Listen... maybe killing a moving target is too hard for you too? What if the opponent decides to run in a different direction than you expected, and that would be for you too incredibly frustrating to play against? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Burial.1958 said:

Yama is a very very good thief and player overall.  That he dominates there is because many players in GW 2 are not on his lvl of play.

He dominates against people like the ones in this thread, who complain that stealth needs to be removed because it's too hard for them to kill such a target )
P.S. But seriously - he generally plays quite great.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Og... my... god! How long will this outrage continue! Thieves dared to use stealth without this guy's permission. Listen... maybe killing a moving target is too hard for you too? What if the opponent decides to run in a different direction than you expected, and that would be for you too incredibly frustrating to play against? 🤣

Lol, what a strawman. Stealth mechanics are not very well designed in this game and if you argue otherwise you're pretty much being disingenuous. I've killed plenty of thieves while roaming and haven't died to one in at least few months. Actually, the last time I recall dying to a thief while roaming must've been in early PoF.

Edited by Lilas.3648
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lilas.3648 said:

Lol, what a strawman. Stealth mechanics are not very well designed in this game and if you argue otherwise you're pretty much being disingenuous. I've killed plenty of thieves while roaming and haven't died to one in at least few months. Actually, the last time I recall dying to a thief while roaming must've been in early PoF.

And I think that this is rather clumsy trolling on your part 😉I agree that it is not very well designed, because the implementation of stealth in this game is the most pathetic among all games where stealth is present in any form, and the only players who can complain about it are those who absolutely can't play and have never played as a Thief in their life. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

15 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

And I think that this is rather clumsy trolling on your part 😉I agree that it is not very well designed, because the implementation of stealth in this game is the most pathetic among all games where stealth is present in any form, and the only players who can complain about it are those who absolutely can't play and have never played as a Thief in their life. 

Oh I've definitely played thief, mostly s/d and d/p back in the day. I even played gank squad in gvgs back in core. I haven't played it recently, nor any iterations of the permastealth thief builds. In fact, thief is actually my most played pvp class: https://i.imgur.com/0FYW9Fv.png. Yet I still think that stealth mechanics give too much agency to the person using it and not enough to the person facing it. To be clear, there's nothing wrong with stealth when it's used like how d/p thieves or mesmers use it; it only becomes an issue when traits like silent scope or certain shadow arts traits are added into the mix.

Edited by Lilas.3648
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Lilas.3648 said:

Oh I've definitely played thief, mostly s/d and d/p back in the day. I even played gank squad in gvgs back in core. I haven't played it recently, nor any iterations of the permastealth thief builds. In fact, thief is actually my most played pvp class: https://i.imgur.com/0FYW9Fv.png. Yet I still think that stealth mechanics give too much agency to the person using it and not enough to the person facing it. To be clear, there's nothing wrong with stealth when it's used like how d/p thieves or mesmers use it; it only becomes an issue when traits like silent scope or certain shadow arts traits are added into the mix.

Listen, you seem like a reasonable person, and if this isn't trolling - you should understand that if we go down this path, we'll end up removing all the key mechanics of the classes, creating a bunch of homogeneous underdeveloped classes that differ only in the colors of their abilities and the name of the class itself like in FF14. If anyone thinks stealth is overpowered in its current state, I have bad news for that person.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Listen, you seem like a reasonable person, and if this isn't trolling - you should understand that if we go down this path, we'll end up removing all the key mechanics of the classes, creating a bunch of homogeneous underdeveloped classes that differ only in the colors of their abilities and the name of the class itself. If anyone thinks stealth is overpowered in its current state, I have bad news for that person.

I am not advocating for the removal of key mechanics from classes. Perhaps I should rephrase, then. My issue is not with stealth itself, but rather with how certain traits and abilities grant and interact with stealth. Namely silent scope's stealth on dodge, cloaked in shadow, and shadow meld removing revealed when there are so few reliable sources of it already. I think all of these traits/abilities should be reworked and power budget returned to the thief elsewhere.

Edited by Lilas.3648
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, Lilas.3648 said:

I am not advocating for the removal of key mechanics from classes. Perhaps I should rephrase, then. My issue is not with stealth itself, but rather with how certain traits and abilities grant and interact with stealth. Namely silent scope's stealth on dodge, cloaked in shadow, and shadow meld removing revealed when there are so few reliable sources of it already. I think all of these traits/abilities should be reworked and power budget returned to the thief elsewhere.

Well alright, if we assume that these features will be revisited, then what will be left of stealth in general? Essentially, it will just become an ability to drop target, nothing more. If a rework is to be done, then it should be in such a way that allows for longer use of stealth but makes it more difficult to enter into it (particularly with mechanics like 'revealed' and so on). Otherwise, they have to remove Mesmers' clones and do the same with all the other professions and their unique features, because they too create inconveniences for many, so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I've seen plenty of them popping up a couple of times. 
It's rare but not unlikely. However if a dev is spotted people are storming towards that location within seconds to say hi. There's usually big events going on then which is amazing. 
I've seen 2 devs during this year's Pride March running along with us. It was magical