One wvw thing that Anet did good

Nikola.3841

Giving attackers upper hand at towers/keeps. It makes it more dynamic, I exclusively play attacking and never defend.

Its a bit repeating, but pulling 10+ players over and over is still fun, and since many people like to stick to oil and ACs

(which actually serve as honeypots to us attackers) everyone's happy I guess

Its a bit counterintuitive, but since all other pvp MMOs died, it actually proves Anet did it right

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

11 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

K-trains are not new.  

Ktrains usually take objects, we just go for kills...for example, just 2-3h ago we destroyed wall of Ogrewatch, just to lure defenders, but didn't take it

Then we proceeded to SMC, and just pulled people off the wall. 

0 deaths, 300 kills, almost DAOC RvR kind of fun (although that's theoretically impossible)

• Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Ktrains usually take objects, we just go for kills...for example, just 2-3h ago we destroyed wall of Ogrewatch, just to lure defenders, but didn't take it

0 deaths, 300 kills, almost DAOC RvR kind of fun (although that's theoretically impossible)

That's nothing new either.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Bet they run around in a group of 10 comp trying to gank pugs and roamers. 🤭

All the other pvp mmos died cause they required a sub. 🤔

🤷‍♂️

Lost bet, its actually 30...that server pugs say here their pugs can farm other comp groups even

when outnumbered 2:1, but that seems not hold the truth...but whatever, this is not

DAOC where you get bad rep for adding onto other people fights

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Oh so a 30 boon ball group that had problems with oils and ac's farming 10 pugs.

🤭

Do you have problem with reading? It was 80 people inside SMC vs 30 of us...and show me where I mentioned "problems with oils and ac's"

Quite the contrary, I called them "honey pots", hence my 300 kills and 0 deaths

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

lol, that's still a ktrain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Do you have problem with reading? It was 80 people inside SMC vs 30 of us...and show me where I mentioned "problems with oils and ac's"

If you lost everything else to just gain bags, you were outplayed, by just going for bags, you ktrain. Sorry you don't get it, just means in DaoC you were also just outplayed. Were you one of those WAR peeps that declared victory as your city was under Assault? If you don't kill and hold, you were outplayed. I guess gratz you fooled yourself into losing. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

If you lost everything else to just gain bags, you were outplayed, by just going for bags, you ktrain. Sorry you don't get it, just means in DaoC you were also just outplayed. Were you one of those WAR peeps that declared victory as your city was under Assault? If you don't kill and hold, you were outplayed. I guess gratz you fooled yourself into losing. 

Claire, is that you? Sorry that two of us don't have same idea what is considered fun and win...I'll stick to mine.

WAR? Win is that I can make Sacrx rage over our fights just by posting few sshots

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, Nikola.3841 said:

Show me where you mentioned it was 80 inside SMC in your gibberish posts. 🤔

Farming pugs isn't new nor a big feat, even before whatever changes you think allowed to you now have "attackers upper hand". 🤔

In any case I now realize this is either FA or BG bragging about farming Mag in SMC.

Good job.

Here's a 🍪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

In any case I now realize this is either FA or BG bragging about farming Mag in SMC.

FA is farming you too?

BTW, if we can pull 10 players in 1 pull on outer wall, can you imagine numbers inside?

Edited by Nikola.3841
  • Confused 2

I miss the days of the old arrow cart farms. Zergs would get stopped by a single guardian with a line of warding and sanctuary  next to a flame ram blocking the stairs as 5 superior arrow carts blot out the sun mowing down zergs one by one as they waddle through the damage and fall one by one. Just for the zergs to reappear and have it happen again and again.  South west tower in the alpine borders was the best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Nah, it looks like T1 and they running 0.67 in EBG.
Just checked now, the funny part is........the NA WvW Police has raided their EBG Keep.

I mention T4 cause that's where I am, he was implying I was getting farmed too.

23 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

It's always annoying to the grognards when a new player 'discovers' old tactics and brags about play others have long since tired of, but OP is correct, anet did give its players what they wanted . . .

They gave "that group" of players what they wanted. Anet isn't making wvw for all it's players anymore, just "that group" of players.

Eh, they can't make it for all players. They did that 'sandbox' for years, trying to be all things to all ppls and it just doesn't work. I agree that anet's wvw philosophy is now geared towards improving play only for players who enjoy one particular style but I think that's better than the directionless doldrum we were in before even if I'm not among the players who are well served by this change of direction . . .

7 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

Eh, they can't make it for all players. They did that 'sandbox' for years, trying to be all things to all ppls and it just doesn't work. I agree that anet's wvw philosophy is now geared towards improving play only for players who enjoy one particular style but I think that's better than the directionless doldrum we were in before even if I'm not among the players who are well served by this change of direction . . .

I disagree, the game was more fun first half of the decade, than the second half... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2