So what is the bonus for those who already unlocked Skyscale?

It is listed on the website somewhere. And in the mastery description. At some steps of the new mastery line - if you own both (old mastery line as well) you get a stronger effect. Edit: Technically not really much: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/soaring-with-the-skyscale/

Bond of vigor and faster wall launch.

Edited by Luthan.5236

you now gain the Bond of Vigor buff after a few seconds when mounting in midair, and your wall launch is slightly higher and charges faster.
you also gain access to a new collection "a new look" for a achievement based skyscale skin

Edited by Parasite.5389

39 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

this is incorrect that is for everyone not just old skyscale users.

Only 'everyone' that has completed the new Skyscale collection and Mastery tracks.

After you complete the Flight Training Mastery line and the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure skyscale collection, a new collection will open up that awards a Kryptis-themed skyscale skin.

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

you also gain access to a new collection "a new look" for a achievement based skyscale skin

No. This achievement only unlocks if you completed the "a new friend" achievement for the easier/SotO skyscale. 

It would at least be fair if the "A New Look" achievement were unlocked for everyone who owns a skyscale (old or new). As it is now, the owners of the old/PoF Skyscale are kind of penalized because if they want to do "A new look" they have to do the stuff that you get the new Skyscale with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

It would at least be fair if the "A New Look" achievement were unlocked for everyone who owns a skyscale (old or new). As it is now, the owners of the old/PoF Skyscale are kind of penalized because if they want to do "A new look" they have to do the stuff that you get the new Skyscale with.

Hmmm I expected that to be the basic thing we would get: skip all things we already did for new achievement. Would be fair...

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

No. This achievement only unlocks if you completed the "a new friend" achievement for the easier/SotO skyscale. 

This bothers me greatly and I haven’t even bothered looking at the new friend achievements. I hear the egg is a rare drop anyway. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

I haven't gotten that far along yet in the new content but no one has mentioned mounting in combat yet, did that turn out not to be a thing? It's what I was most looking forward to . . .

It is a thing, but not a bonus for having done the original Skyscale collection.

It works so-so, by the way. If you have conditions on you, you still cannot mount up in combat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:

Glad I already have a skyscale, the new system does not seem easier...?

It's significantly shorter. I'm almost done just working a bit each day over the weekend. I'd have it completed in just a couple of hours total, but I ran out of the t1 rift essences and the second map currency. 

Edited by idpersona.3810

You don’t need to buy the infusions. They all have an ingame counterpart like standing in quicksand in dry top or killing a world boss. The “buy” part is only there if you want to skip these.

The only benefit of doing the achievement is unlocking the “A new look” collection which gives a skyscale skin. And the 300 wizard bucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ellon.4316 said:

You don’t need to buy the infusions. They all have an ingame counterpart like standing in quicksand in dry top or killing a world boss. The “buy” part is only there if you want to skip these.

The only benefit of doing the achievement is unlocking the “A new look” collection which gives a skyscale skin. And the 300 wizard bucks.

Thank goodness. Buying all 12 could easily cost 1000g I hope they can still use the old way on Dragonfall.

Edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:22 AM, Albadaran.1283 said:

If I recall correctly those who already unlocked skyscale  the old way were promised extra features. But until now I don't notice anything new. I had expected the new flight achievements to be unlocked for us, but they are not. So what did we get?

The Bonus is I get to retrain my skyscale on ability I already know, and I have to spend mastery points on stuffs I already did. its a pain in the kitten.

Edited by babana.7521
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1