Astral Acclaim limit of 1300 in Wizard's Vault [Merged]

Zok.4956

I feel like 1300 is such a weird number to cap it at. Why not 1500? 2k? I'm personally not a fan of the cap at all, why does it matter if you hoard your rewards as long as you're playing and participating and earning AA in the first place?

On the bright side, the stuff being moved to the legacy tab when the vault refreshes won't be any more expensive than 1300 AA if anyone misses out. 😆

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Given current state of design, I could actually see that in the next cycle, the old rewards actually do end up costing more than 1300 AA, and Anet then realizes they need to increase the cap so people can save up and buy them.

For that matter, they can't even cost 1300 AA, because have the right set of things to claim to get exactly 1300 AA might be tricky.  I could believe that they might be 1200 or 1250 AA, which leaves a little (but not a lot) of headroom to earn the rewards.  But it would be annoying - have 1100 AA, completing the weekly for 450 AA, so you need to spend down to 850 in order to claim that 450 so that you can buy something at 1250.  And more annoying, if there were several things you wanted to buy for 1250, you have now just had to waste some of that AA on whatever you spent to get down to 850.

The cap should really be the most expensive item + the highest AA reward - it is really poor design to have to spend down AA in order to claim AA so that you can then claim the high AA reward to buy the high AA item.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

Given current state of design, I could actually see that in the next cycle, the old rewards actually do end up costing more than 1300 AA, and Anet then realizes they need to increase the cap so people can save up and buy them.

For that matter, they can't even cost 1300 AA, because have the right set of things to claim to get exactly 1300 AA might be tricky.  I could believe that they might be 1200 or 1250 AA, which leaves a little (but not a lot) of headroom to earn the rewards.  But it would be annoying - have 1100 AA, completing the weekly for 450 AA, so you need to spend down to 850 in order to claim that 450 so that you can buy something at 1250.  And more annoying, if there were several things you wanted to buy for 1250, you have now just had to waste some of that AA on whatever you spent to get down to 850.

The cap should really be the most expensive item + the highest AA reward - it is really poor design to have to spend down AA in order to claim AA so that you can then claim the high AA reward to buy the high AA item.

Which is why things cost 1000AA.

People keep overcomplicating this very simple shop system to the max. If things cost 1300AA next season its highly likely we can then stack 1500AA or something similar. Which I doubt will happen because the "value" of an item is directly linked to the cap, not "actual" comparable gold to AA value between items. They'll probably just add other 1000AA stuff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Look, I get that Anet doesn't want people to hoard acclaim for use in the following season, but the limit of 1300 is bad. At a bare minimum, this needs to be increased to 1500. Why?

(Minimum Astral Acclaim Cap) = (cost of highest-priced reward item) + (largest amount of acclaim awarded from a single task)

1500 = 1000 + 500

When you don't do it this way, you end up with the problem I just ran into where I have done all my weeklies and dailies, resulting in 990 acclaim and a weekly reward chest for 450 acclaim that I cannot open. All I care about at the moment are the rewards that cost 1000 acclaim, which means that if I want to grab those I have to either:

A) Spend acclaim on rewards I don't care about before I can claim rewards I do care about

B) Wait until the following day to get more acclaim from dailies - unless this happens to be a Sunday, in which case I just get pigeonholed into option A.

The other solution I see for this is to let us spend partial amounts of acclaim on rewards. What do I mean? For example, in my case: let me put my 990 acclaim into a reward that costs 1000. I won't get that reward until I put another 10 acclaim into it, but at least I can claim my weekly reward chest right afterwards without having to do the kabuki dance around the issue.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Xavier Snow.5869 said:

Look, I get that Anet doesn't want people to hoard acclaim for use in the following season, but the limit of 1300 is bad.

This thread already exists: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/136674-astral-acclaim-limit-of-1300-in-wizards-vault

And the solution to this ""problem"" is extremely easy, get some gold or skins or emote or anything else and then get the 1k reward. Is your plan to literally grab these 2 1k rewards and then stop getting aa for the next 50 days?

13 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Someone shouldn't have to do extra math to spend on things

Buy 6aa worth of gold (or a skin/emote/whatever) until you're below xyz AA doesn't require doing extra math.

13 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

I don't get how it's terrible for players to have more choice in what to do with the currency they earned.

So DO you want to do anything with that currency or not? Because if you do, just do it now and you're fine. If you don't then you're losing aa anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Someone shouldn't have to do extra math to spend on things they don't want because MMO developers are paranoid of players having earnable currency. I don't get how it's terrible for players to have more choice in what to do with the currency they earned.

I dont get why people just do it in half measures then. Why not say NO LIMITATIONS ie no cap at all? Why do all these 1400, 1500, 1600 cap suggestions etc. I mean it would be the ultimate choice, wouldnt it?

But no, that's apparently going too far. Because people seem to exactly know why there is a cap and exactly how it works - they just cant accept it so they want arbitrarily a higher number that actually mean nothing for the functionality of the system.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I dont get why people just do it in half measures then. Why not say NO LIMITATIONS ie no cap at all? Why do all these 1400, 1500, 1600 cap suggestions etc. I mean it would be the ultimate choice, wouldnt it?

But no, that's apparently going too far. Because people seem to exactly know why there is a cap and exactly how it works - they just cant accept it so they want arbitrarily a higher number that actually mean nothing for the functionality of the system.

My guess would be to compromise with the existing system. To go straight to "don't have a cap at all" would seem ludicrous and it's easy to think you'll get shot down immediately.

But if you ask me, l don't think there should be a cap at all. Admittedly, I mixed in an explanation of my own stance without stating my own stance at first.

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Buy 6aa worth of gold (or a skin/emote/whatever) until you're below xyz AA doesn't require doing extra math.

It is quite literally extra math; the burden of choosing between which item to purchase to get the points down. Even though I just said I think we should get more choice with more currency? Yeah. 'Cause at that point, it isn't extra math anymore because the only target score is the item's cost.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

My guess would be to compromise with the existing system. To go straight to "don't have a cap at all" would seem ludicrous and it's easy to think you'll get shot down immediately.

But if you ask me, l don't think there should be a cap at all. Admittedly, I mixed in an explanation of my own stance without stating my own stance at first.

It is quite literally extra math; the burden of choosing between which item to purchase to get the points down. Even though I just said I think we should get more choice with more currency? Yeah. 'Cause at that point, it isn't extra math anymore because the only target score is the item's cost.

And how is this any diffrent then now you still taget the item's cost.

Its just that with the cap you might have to spend afew points easy to do with the x1 x5 choise on most rewards to get within the cap but over the item's cost that you want.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Same question as above: Is your plan to literally grab [these 2] 1k rewards and then stop getting aa for the next 50 days?
Because if yes then you're losing aa anyways and at that point, I'm not sure why you ""care"" about hitting the cap. If not then you'll be spending on something else anyways, so saying that spending on "that something" now is a problem is a bit... misguided. You either care about optimizing aa or you don't. You'll either keep getting and spending it or you'll be "losing out on what you could get" anyways. For one, I targetted the highest cost purchases from the start and I didn't notice any issues with the currency cap. Didn't even touch the 6AA gold yet, but if I had some cap issues on the way, I'd simply use that 6aa gold value as an obvious buffor to spend it on. It's just a non-issue.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

This ain't even my thread, so I don't know the answer. If y'all don't see the issue because how small the issue looks to you, then I can't change your minds. My stance is that having a currency cap just hampers the consumer's freedom of choice, but I'll just pick gold and Ascended stuff 'cause l don't need anything else at the moment. I was just filling in the blanks for the OP since I commiserate with their problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

This ain't even my thread, so I don't know the answer.

But now I'm asking you about your opinion you have. I'm not asking you what OP -or whoever else- thinks.

6 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

but I'll just pick gold and Ascended stuff

Exactly, because it's just that easy. That's the point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It is actually pretty annoying, you are saving 1k of AA for something but at 950 you finish 500 task by accident, even when you did not plan to do that and just by that, by accident, you waste 100AA. Sure it is not much but very easy to happen for people. 

Besides, I still believe AA will be deleted at the start of each new season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Smoky.5348 said:

This ain't even my thread, so I don't know the answer. If y'all don't see the issue because how small the issue looks to you, then I can't change your minds. My stance is that having a currency cap just hampers the consumer's freedom of choice, but I'll just pick gold and Ascended stuff 'cause l don't need anything else at the moment. I was just filling in the blanks for the OP since I commiserate with their problem.

Yes it's there to hamper your freedom of choice. That's exactly why it's there. The purpose of a daily/weekly has always been to get people into the game every day or every week. It's never been to give you rewards. You get rewards to get you into the game. If you can hoard is much as you want and take a three month break, that's defeating the purpose of the daily/weekly. 

There are two things going on here. The consumer wanting as much as he can get, which often isn't the best thing for the game itself, and the company trying to get people to log in, which is good for the game, but not necessarily good for every consumer. There has to be a balance between the two sides. 

If you remove the cap, from a game standpoint, you might as well remove dailies. I mean, it would be better for me as a consumer if I didn't have a time limit to them at all, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

It is actually pretty annoying, you are saving 1k of AA for something but at 950 you finish 500 task by accident, even when you did not plan to do that and just by that, by accident, you waste 100AA. Sure it is not much but very easy to happen for people. 

Besides, I still believe AA will be deleted at the start of each new season.

How did you waste any AA? The game wouldn't let me cash in rewards that would take me over the cap.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

How did you waste any AA? The game wouldn't let me cash in rewards that would take me over the cap.

Well its a waste according to the guy you quoted to buy anything else but the 1k item from the store.

So if they have to spend 6x5 5 times for 1 gold bags to get down to 800 to be able to grab that 45o weekly objective  on a sunday to then be able to by the 1k item they really wanted that is litteraly the worst thing possible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

This is literally creating your own problem when there in reality is none.

Especially since one of the main sticklers people have complained about is how you dont get your 2g daily anymore - when in fact you do get more gold if you just BLOODY BUY IT.

This is all presuming the cap is a foregone conclusion and the real problem is people not dealing with it well.  I, like many others, reject that presumption.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 4