Are we loosing him ? Mighty teapot

1 minute ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

He should have quit this game a decade ago, all he does is say the word "Competitive" every 5 seconds. This game is not for him.

Combat is to good to just stand afk on every boss clicking auto attack. Dont u think so ?

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 13
  • Confused 23

Just now, Vayne.8563 said:

They did with with Heart of Thorns, you know. Listened to the "old veterans".  I'm an old veteran and I'm not particularly into hard content. Saying that old veterans are automatically into hard content is false. You are into hard content. They people you play with are into hard content. Your demographic is into hard content. It's also a smaller demographic than you likely think it is.

This game wasn't build around it up front and didn't attract that audience. 

I'm not saying hard content is bad or good, but I am saying that for all the people that follow Mighty Teapot, it's not a significant percentage of the playerbase. I've watched him a couple of times, and he definitely knows his stuff, but he's too hard core for my taste and I find myself shaking my head a lot, because he doesn't represent me, even though I've spent more time playing this game than 99% of the playerbase. 

Do I object to hard content being created? I do not. Do I think that if Mighty Teapot walks we're going to lose a significant percentage of the playerbase? I don't. We might lose a few hundred people, but I think most of this player base is more happy with what we got than what you want.

But i mean. Even new players have the skills to spam anything else than auto attack they not stupid

• Haha 2
  • Confused 17

Just now, Nightcore.5621 said:

But i mean. Even new players have the skills to spam anything else than auto attack they not stupid

I think you overestimate what new players are capable of, because there is a range of them.  Saying new players aren't stupid is like saying everyone is smart, but not everyone is. Some people are smarter than others. Some people are more experienced than others. Some people still keyboard turn. Some people still click skills. Some people have never played an MMO before. Gamers come in all shapes and sizes. There is no one side fits all.

All you have to do is read the forum. Half the people are saying something is easy, and the other half are saying the same thing is too hard. There is no one demographic. That's why challenge mode exists. When we get the challenge mode, if it's not challenging, then complain.  But for some people this will be their first expansion. I've already seen several posts with people just getting into the game, who asked if they need to buy EoD, or if they can just jump into Soto. That's why I thought the strike missions and metas wuld be easier.

Do you not remember the debacle of Dragons End and the number of people complaining about it?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Vayne.8563 said:

I think you overestimate what new players are capable of, because there is a range of them.  Saying new players aren't stupid is like saying everyone is smart, but not everyone is. Some people are smarter than others. Some people are more experienced than others. Some people still keyboard turn. Some people still click skills. Some people have never played an MMO before. Gamers come in all shapes and sizes. There is no one side fits all.

All you have to do is read the forum. Half the people are saying something is easy, and the other half are saying the same thing is too hard. There is no one demographic. That's why challenge mode exists. When we get the challenge mode, if it's not challenging, then complain.  But for some people this will be their first expansion. I've already seen several posts with people just getting into the game, who asked if they need to buy EoD, or if they can just jump into Soto. That's why I thought the strike missions and metas wuld be easier.

Do you not remember the debacle of Dragons End and the number of people complaining about it?

But if everything is easy for them playing 95% of the time when will they ever learn than ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 19

But if everything is easy for them playing 95% of the time when will they ever learn than ?

What makes you think they want to learn? Maybe they're not into the game to learn how to do harder content. Maybe, because the game isn't hard over all, they're happy to just play what's there. There is harder content in this game, and you can ramp up to that, but there are plenty of people who come home from work and just want to kill stuff solo in teh open world, maybe do a few easy metas. 

When this game came out, Anet had to nerf Orr.  Those people didn't buy this game to git gud. They bought this game to screw around. That's what the game became. Now you and others want to make it so that everyone is getting better. It's a good way to lose the casuals who aren't investing real energy into getting better. There are paths to get better. There are ways to get better. They have been in the game for a long time. But most people don't care about them. I'd bet most of of the community has never set foot in a raid.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

What u hear most why people wont start play gw2 is that it has almost zero challenges thats what i hear eveytime i play another mmo

And yet this game as stayed one of the top MMOs for 11 years, in spite of this. Because it's not competing with harder core MMOs. It's like saying that everyone is a pro weightlifter and gyms that appeal to older, more casual audiences don't do any business. You're listening to the loudest portion of the playerbase. The hard core player base. They're loud, but they're not numerous.

The head programmer at WoW once said that only 5% of the people playing do mythic raids.  So what are the other 95% of the playerbase doing?  A developer left Lotro a while ago and said that only 10% of the population ever raided or PvPed, but they account for 50% of all forum posts.  It's nice that that's what you hear, but you know what that is? Annecdotal.A

Anet has hard stats on who is doing what. They also have a game that makes money catering to casuals. You want them to change that and cater to harder core players. All that will do for an eleven year old game is lose the casuals. 

I'm not saying I'd be happy if Teapot was gone, mind you. I just don't think it would sink the game. It wouldn't affect most casuals much at all.  Casuals, in my opinion, are the biggest part of the player base.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

And yet this game as stayed one of the top MMOs for 11 years, in spite of this. Because it's not competing with harder core MMOs. It's like saying that everyone is a pro weightlifter and gyms that appeal to older, more casual audiences don't do any business. You're listening to the loudest portion of the playerbase. The hard core player base. They're loud, but they're not numerous.

The head programmer at WoW once said that only 5% of the people playing do mythic raids.  So what are the other 95% of the playerbase doing?  A developer left Lotro a while ago and said that only 10% of the population ever raided or PvPed, but they account for 50% of all forum posts.  It's nice that that's what you hear, but you know what that is? Annecdotal.A

Anet has hard stats on who is doing what. They also have a game that makes money catering to casuals. You want them to change that and cater to harder core players. All that will do for an eleven year old game is lose the casuals. 

I'm not saying I'd be happy if Teapot was gone, mind you. I just don't think it would sink the game. It wouldn't affect most casuals much at all.  Casuals, in my opinion, are the biggest part of the player base.

First map in eod was like a starter map how to even play the game and soso is for new players. When will they start forcuz on old players and not only newer ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 21

First map in eod was like a starter map how to even play the game and soso is for new players. When will they start forcuz on old players and not only newer ?

As a new player it most be depressing knowing in the long run anything u can look forward to is for newer players and not them

• Haha 1
  • Confused 14

Couldn't care less about those streaming guys. I only watch for the Twitch drops with muted stream in the backgroundf while playing + then watching some random guys with drops enabled. The main playerbase is older anyways while that "watch others while playing instead of playing yourself" thing is more a thing of the younger people. And if people watch only ... they do not play (and pay). They mainly watch and support the streamer and not the game. So ... not a big loss.

I do not think such streams and streamers contribute a lot in making a game's playerbase grow. Maybe this works for totally unknown/small games if a well-known streamer "pushes" it. But with GW2 now even on Steam ... probably not a big effect.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

Focusing on newer players is focusing on older players. Because if we don't keep some of those newer players there won't be a game for older players. I mean, if you don't think the Wizard's Vault rewards older players, not sure what you're talking about. They can't make a game and freeze out people new to it,  but they do add quite difficult challenge modes to Strike Missions. That's something for new and something for hard core players. The Spirit Vault is for everyone.

I'm really surprised at how many old players don't get how hard it is to get people into an 11 year old game and get them to stay. Every single MMO has natural attrition. People stop playing games altogether. They move onto other games. They get busy in life. They get mad at a nerf.  People leave games all the time. New players replace those people. You don't give them reason to stay and they won't. They don't stay and you won't have enough people to continue the game for older players. 

I've never played an MMO where that hasn't happened. Not one.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4