Hundred Blades really needs to change

Zekent.3652

It's a game that has a lot of mobility and this skill is a long cast selfroot MELEE skill, come on CMC @Cal Cohen.2358

We can't keep ignoring this, i know that Hundred Blades is an iconic skill since GW1, but if this skill name needs to change due to a rework, it's more than welcome.

i have 1 suggest:
-Turn it into a horizontal big cone moveable slash.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I honestly think that 100 blades should function as a targeted AOE skill, where you carry out 5 dash slash attacks with the greatsword that strike through the target granting swiftness on each successful strike, with a small delay to make a finnal heavier hitting strike that causes daze.

Yes ive lowered the number of strikes from 9 to 6 but given it more utility, ive noted more and more targets in this game, funnily enough move away from you making the current 100 blades useless in most encounters. What I propose is a skill that will tie in with warrior traits, allow the warrior to give chase with dash attacks (techs there, please see Engineers hammer) with potentially a more reliable skill that Rush that has some funky delays between activation and actually striking the target, or run away on its own.

Warriors core skills by large feel dated, around an older version of the game with less movement in the targets you attack.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

This. Removing the root on current 100b wouldn’t even make it good. Can we stop with that already. It’s problem is being severely underpowered, not the fact it roots. 

In an ideal world that doesn't constantly shove Warrior to the sidelines, we would get both. And realistically, Hundred Whiffs needs both.

But all the damage they theoretically could buff it with means little, if it remains rooted and people, as well as more and more PvE enemies these days, can simply move backwards a bit and thus are out of range.

Hundred Whiffs getting more damage would be welcome to me, too. But if it's usability remains restricted via the root it will always feel bad to use.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

With a 2s cast time I'd melt people after a CC, root or no root.

Leave the root, give it backs it damage... Axe 5 does more damage, hits more people, and you can move while using it. Axe 5 has been buffed while 100 blades gets nerfed it made 0 sense when they nerfed it cause people dont walk out of a self root channel and then die....

12 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

I like this idea

I don't.

How about we just replicate the old skill from GW?

Hundred Blades: You attacks strike an additional time for the next 4s and you gain quickness for 4s. 8s CD. Uses the first strike from the GS AA chain for the additional strike. It would have to have a 1/4s to 1/2s delay between strikes though.

They were thinking of giving Spellbreaker OWP as an elite, but then somehow forgot about OG Hundred Blades.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't.

How about we just replicate the old skill from GW?

Hundred Blades: You attacks strike an additional time for the next 4s and you gain quickness for 4s. 8s CD. Uses the first strike from the GS AA chain for the additional strike. It would have to have a 1/4s to 1/2s delay between strikes though.

They were thinking of giving Spellbreaker OWP as an elite, but then somehow forgot about OG Hundred Blades.

They could've made this an utility elite with the same "Hundred Blades" name to be honest.

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It could have been.

It could have been a GM Trait too "While under the effects of Quickness successful attacks trigger an additional strike" and they could have given us any number of other GW1 attacks like...Dragon Slash or Leviathan's/Griffon's Sweep or Power Attack. Ideally Dragon Slash, at least its function. Hard hit, plus gives Adrenaline.

Just ideas.

Edited by KryTiKaL.3125

@Lan Deathrider.5910 That was my idea of implementing gw1 ver of it to gw2, because I'm not exactly sure that something giving you just a buff as a weapon skill is a good idea. I think more interaction between diff wep skills on warr espec would be pretty nice. It's also much easier to make than removing selfroot for example.

Ofc they could make instead of 50% faster attacks u hit enemies with your gs skills twice or with ad attack dmg like OWP but there Has to be something that starts it. 

Edited by Aaron.1294

6 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 That was my idea of implementing gw1 ver of it to gw2, because I'm not exactly sure that something giving you just a buff as a weapon skill is a good idea. I think more interaction between diff wep skills on warr espec would be pretty nice. It's also much easier to make than removing selfroot for example.

Ofc they could make instead of 50% faster attacks u hit enemies with your gs skills twice or with ad attack dmg like OWP but there Has to be something that starts it. 

What about this effect:

-3s effect, your autos hits twice.

Kinda like axe 3rd auto.

• 1 month later...

I was just about to open a thread myself about this skill. Asking if there is a reason that I can't move, or more specifically that the skill is cancelled when I move?
It makes no sense, especially compared to other weapons and even other classes. The only other class I play that has such a non-move skill is the Ranger with the 5 on bow. But that's ok, it has a wide range and feels faster cast than Hundred Blades.

(My main class is Rev and he has no such handicap.)

I rarely play warrior and I find the behavior very disturbing and not useful. It reduces my usefulness to a team.

Yesterday I played the end of the dragon meta, and to fight the dragon I have to move after the enemies, but my second best skill (I consider F1 the best on GS) becomes a liability because I can't follow the moving enemies and my damage goes down.
(And I don't want to switch to axe meta because that's what I usually do on warrior and I wanted to play hammer + GS because it's fun).

Please make it a moving skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Asking if there is a reason that I can't move, or more specifically that the skill is cancelled when I move?
It makes no sense, especially compared to other weapons and even other classes.

I don't know if it counts as a reason to you, but it simply is a leftover from the early times of the game.

They never touched this issue as the game grew older and it became easier and easier to get out of Hundred Whiffs' range.

There even are PvE enemies that move out of melee range, so it's not just other players that evade Hundred Whiffs anymore.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1