Make Gift of Battle avaliable in PvE

28 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If you're suffering when you play a game or game mode you're doing something wrong or playing the wrong game.

Or the devs are trying to force a game mode on you that you have no interest in.  If the players have all but abandoned a game mode - the devs need to either cater to the tastes of the customers and abandon it as well, or at least quit tying to force people to play that mode.

You can see the same problem in the "activities" required for the wizard's vault.  A few people participating, most are just standing around - moving just enough to not get kicked out for AFK. The activities are abandoned for a reason.

Let the people that want to play each mode, play their chosen mode. There is room for WvW, PvP, and PvE. They should simply leave people to play as they enjoy.

(as for legendaries, I dislike crafting, and will never get one - and I am fine with that)

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I agree that legendaries should take time and effort for the player, but it should not be unfun, that's entirely different, don't force players into gamemodes they dislike.

Make both GoBs and GoEs tradable, or give them an exchange rate of one GoE for two GoBs and vice versa, since GoE takes more time to obtain.

Also, let's not pretend flipping camps or mindlessly following a squad for 8 hours takes effort or is difficult, that's a straight up lie, the GoB doesn't require skill to obtain, it's just boring to do so, because believe it or not, most players dislike WvW.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I agree that legendaries should take time and effort for the player, but it should not be unfun, that's entirely different, don't force players into gamemodes they dislike.

Make both GoBs and GoEs tradable, or give them an exchange rate of one GoE for two GoBs and vice versa, since GoE takes more time to obtain.

So if someone wants to stay in la/dr to just keep chating (hey, they're still playing a social multiplayer game that way!), they shouldn't be forced into any other content and should be able to keep getting leggies and achievements any way they want because otherwise "they're being forced to do something they dislike"? Where exactly is the line here? 🤔

If you don't want to do something then don't -ascended gear has the same stats as leggies for a reason and you don't need goes/gobs for those.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So if someone wants to stay in la/dr to just keep chating (hey, they're still playing a social multiplayer game that way!), they shouldn't be forced into any other content and should be able to keep getting leggies and achievements any way they want because otherwise "they're being forced to do something they dislike"? Where exactly is the line here? 🤔

If you don't want to do something then don't -ascended gear has the same stats as leggies for a reason and you don't need goes/gobs for those.

People don't get anything by afking though? Unless they're flipping stuff in the trading post, but that's entirely different.

I suggested an exchange of GoEs for GoBs precisely so it'd still take effort to get them, but this time you don't have to play a gamemode you dislike, you have an alternative, but you still have to put time into it. Also, legendaries have multiple QoL features, free prefix switching, not worrying about destroying sigils, being equippable on multiple characters, it's not just because they look pretty and fancy, otherwise I'd understand if they were locked behind other gamemodes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

People don't get anything by afking though?

Not sure what this is responding to, but it sure doesn't respond to my post. In the end, talking in chat isn't really afking and it is participating in some ingame activity with other players. So, again: where's the line and why there?

6 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I suggested an exchange of GoEs for GoBs precisely so it'd still take effort to get them, but this time you don't have to play a gamemode you dislike, you have an alternative, but you still have to put time into it. Also, legendaries have multiple QoL features, free prefix switching, not worrying about destroying sigils, being equippable on multiple characters, it's not just because they look pretty and fancy, otherwise I'd understand if they were locked behind other gamemodes.

And I'm suggesting that if you don't want to play stuff then use ascended gear which has the same stats.
For not worrying about sigils, you can craft legendary sigils btw, which don't require gob/goe.

Edited by Sobx.1758

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Not sure what this is responding to, but it sure doesn't respond to my post. In the end, talking in chat isn't really afking and it is participating in some ingame activity with other players. So, again: where's the line and why there?

And I'm suggesting that if you don't want to play stuff then use ascended gear which has the same stats.
For not worrying about sigils, you can craft legendary sigils btw, which don't require gob/goe.

I mean, WvW players don't need legendaries either, and that doesn't answer the question of why you have to play a gamemode you dislike. I am 100% fine with things taking effort and time, and I do think that if the GoB were to be introduced to PvE, it should take the same time to obtain as it does in WvW, if not more. Maybe make it 10 hours to obtain one or something. Seems fair. 

Putting time and effort is a good thing, but doing something unfun simply isn't and does not achieve anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

I mean, WvW players don't need legendaries either, and that doesn't answer the question of why you have to play a gamemode you dislike. I am 100% fine with things taking effort and time, and I do think that if the GoB were to be introduced to PvE, it should take the same time to obtain as it does in WvW, if not more. Maybe make it 10 hours to obtain one or something. Seems fair. 

Putting time and effort is a good thing, but doing something unfun simply isn't and does not achieve anything.

Do you not understand what you're quoting or are you intentionally avoiding the questions?

39 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Edited by Sobx.1758

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you not understand what you're quoting or are you intentionally avoiding the questions?

You can't really compare chatting in LA to doing map completion or doing WvW because those require effort to do so, it's that simple. And again, what does locking the gift behind WvW achieve? In case you say it's for incentivizing people to play the gamemode, there are already incentives in the form of easy exotics and a legendary armor set that is easier to obtain than anywhere else.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

You can't really compare chatting in LA to doing map completion or doing WvW because those require effort to do so, it's that simple. And again, what does locking the gift behind WvW achieve? In case you say it's for incentivizing people to play the gamemode, there are already incentives in the form of easy exotics and a legendary armor set that is easier to obtain than anywhere else.

What do you mean chatting dont require effort do you think the words just pop up on the screen or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

Also, let's not pretend flipping camps or mindlessly following a squad for 8 hours takes effort

7 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

You can't really compare chatting in LA to doing map completion or doing WvW because those require effort to do so, it's that simple.

So one time we shouldn't pretend it takes effort but then it does. Looks like the answer depends mainly on what you want to achieve, not on what you actually think about it?

7 minutes ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

And again, what does locking the gift behind WvW achieve? In case you say it's for incentivizing people to play the gamemode, there are already incentives in the form of easy exotics and a legendary armor set that is easier to obtain than anywhere else.

Want more optional rewards? Play more of the game. Don't want to? You're still perfectly fine with ascended (or, lets be honest, even exotic, but for the sake of talking about same stats...) gear. Makes sense to me and always did, even before I wanted any legendary in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

What do you mean chatting dont require effort do you think the words just pop up on the screen or something?

Well, if we're going by that logic, do you think 111111ing the enemies in a camp or following a squad while 111111ing to tag the players takes effort as well?

• Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So one time we shouldn't pretend it takes effort but then it does. Looks like the answer depends mainly on what you want to achieve, not on what you actually think about it?

Want more optional rewards? Play more of the game. Don't want to? You're still perfectly fine with ascended (or, lets be honest, even exotic, but for the sake of talking about same stats...) gear. Makes sense to me and always did, even before I even wanted any legendary in the first place.

I actually said it wrong, that's my bad since I'm tired, typing takes less effort than farming camps, but it's not like that requires much to begin with either. In fact, none of the parts of making a legendary take a lot of effort. Honestly I'd rather have it be difficult to obtain than putting time into doing random easy things, but that is an entirely different topic.

Also, again, that doesn't answer my question, why do something you dislike? Alternatives should be allowed, hell you could make the GoB obtainable by doing parts of PvE that most players don't touch, like less popular metas, or having players do different world bosses, that would mean playing more of the game, in a way.

Also, for GoE, make it so you have 4 reward tracks in WvW with 4 different gifts (Gift of Maguuma, Gift of Kryta, Gift of Shiverpeaks, Gift of Orr), and you combine them into a GoE. So it's fair for both sides.

Edited by Caliboom.3218
  • Confused 4

If Anet made it so that GoB is purchased with Memories of Battle and/or Shards of Glory (like the Gift of Glory and Gift of War), players who really dislike WvW can simply buy it and WvW/PvP players can make more money selling these currencies.

Another option is to let players exchange similar gifts. Even as a PVE player, I’d rather do WvW for GoB than world completion for GoE. I’d gladly exchange multiple GoB’s for 1 GoE. After 9 world completions, I don’t think I can stomach another boring and mindless world completion.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Confused 2

I don't understand why poeple have call other poeple if they don't like playing wvw or pvp that there right and also it there right to injoy the game and legendary armor and weapon too so anet needs to stop making poeple play wvw to get GoB so why would be a big deal to change it up where u can get GoB in pve.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

In fact, none of the parts of making a legendary take a lot of effort.

Cool -then just do it.

Also, again, that doesn't answer my question, why do something you dislike?

I did answer that question, repeatedly. It's almost as if you understand you kept dodging what I asked since the beginning so now you just want to type it back at me? These bad attempts to make that "no u!" response on this forum are always so weird to me.
As I said, if you dislike it, you don't need to do it, you can easly play with rest of the gear tiers. Nobody somehow deserves a whole spectrum of rewards when they want to limit the content they're participating in. The same thing goes about what I'm asking you from the start: "so what if someone wants to only do x, but then also demands rewards a/b/c?!" -well, nothing, if you want the reward then play more of the game and get them. If you don't want to then you're fine just doing that thing you strictly want to do.

hell you could make the GoB obtainable by doing parts of PvE that most players don't touch, like less popular metas, or having players do different world bosses, that would mean playing more of the game, in a way.

"This wvw participation trophy should be obtainable through non-wvw means!" ? Not really, that wouldn't make any sense and I hope they won't do it.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

heyhey,

it always annoyes me and some of my friends, when you want to craft a legendary, you have to get into WvW to get your Gift of Battle. 

How about changing that and make it buyable with other currencies?

For the raid people, make it cost 200 magnetite shards?

For the open world people, make it cost 100 provisioners tokens?

For the pvp people, make a PvP reward track for them or use PvP currency to buy it?

Of course you can adjust the prices more, but its an example of how it could work.

So everyone can get a Gift of Battle in his favourite way to play the game? Without being forced into WvW and just leeching it or being afk flipping a camp every 5 minutes not to lose the parcitipation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Recent -already closed- thread about it, nothing new will be said here, so you might as well just read that.

12 minutes ago, xKya.4126 said:

How about changing that and make it buyable with other currencies?

"This wvw participation trophy should be obtainable through non-wvw means!" ? Not really, that wouldn't make any sense and I hope they won't do it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1