Make Legendary SotO Armor Sellable! [Merged]

kenzil.5983

45 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

The people who make legendaries to sell are selling you their time and effort. When you buy a legendary weapon you are saying that you don't want to engage with the game to get the item, and that you value playing the content required to get it as less than your desire for a quick fix.

So your saying that people that buy their legendary weapons are people that just want to buy it for the sake of having bought it?

if i get that correctly from your reply to me my response to that is the following:

at first anet and their devs had to create an ecosystem and environment for this game to make these people believe in the value of buying this weapon in order for them to take action and straight up wanting to buy it.

not the other way around…

they created that environment and ecosystem by having repetitive (if you want to grind all mats) time consuming linear and forced content approach tied to the crafting of these weapons with an additional fixed and at the same time high gold cost.

And i get it if you only would have to do it once in order to be able to have an QoL improvement on all characters much like accessories or sigills or runes, but you have to do it 16 times in order for you to be able to have that same QoL on all regular weapons (once)…

wich cleary was Intentional and by no means was meant to be for the sake of accessibility to the casuals…

wich is why they in addition to that made it possible to JUST purchase these legendarys from the tp at any point in time EVER since these legendarys got FIRST introduced in to the game.

Wich me and my casual are very thankful for to this date.

Armor follows the same structure of these grindy weapons and conveniently there are 18  pieces in total that you would have to grind in order to get that QoL on all possible character…

but you cant buy them at any point in time for some reason and this is only in favor of those that have no problem with repetitive grinds wich is an outdated and very one sided system that has to be changed in order to be able to benefit both sides again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I'm just going to bask in how much sheer ego you've put into this statement. It's such an honor to be in your presence, Your Majesty.

I'm really curious what you consider "actual rare/hard to obtain" skins. Because I guarantee, whatever you have, a sizable percentage of people in the game have.

I don't understand people wanting tradable legendary armor. It's an excellent time/material/gold sink, and Anet is very fond of those with their players, especially as the new astral armor and skyscale skin has shown.

Did you just take a small portion of my post to bash and be a bitter sour individual? Yea….yes you did. Since the actual response to my post was short there isn’t much to respond to. Anet is definitely interested in creating tradeable legendary armor. Even the new legendary weapons are tradeable, which shows that they are still interested in this idea.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Funky.4861 said:

How many legendaries do you have that you have not bought?

According to gw2efficiency my account is worth 200.000 gold i have Two gen2 weapons and 13 gen1s of wich i have crafted 3 my self and 1 gen3 weapon wich i also crafted my self

That makes a total of 6 legendary weapons that i crafted after 11 years of playing

i have 1 legendary PvP medium armor set and also 1 WvW heavy legendary armor set

Wich i had to grind…

just because some people thought the legendary armor is somehow more so desirable for the grind or prestige instead of the actual QoL they offer you.

Wich forced people like me and all casuals to go trough the same old repetitive grind that also makes this armor a „prestige“ item at the same time AGAIN.

now that i have it, it made me realize how much of the time i could have been enjoyed but instead just got wasted by doing things that i could have enjoyed more if it wasnt for the grind mindset at that point in time. 

This is really nothing more than an outdated design with no favorable aspect to those that want it but dont have the time or dont want the same grind for it AGAIN and istead would want to enjoy the game for the time beeing without beeing slapped in their face every time they encounter one of anets intentional ecosystem of things that make u feel like you would want to have that QoL in this game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, rawisz.6439 said:

Its working in China because whole p2w model origins from asia, almost all mmo games there are in this category. Asian titles with this kind of monetization failed when tried to push to western market in most cases. Its pretty common knowledge, dont know why you act like you dont know what is gamers opinions about p2w games. There is huge diffrence in putting cosmetics/minor QoL items in cash shop (most games do this) and giving best in slot gear obtainable with credit card. It maybe wouldnt have huge impact for players who are already hooked to game. But potential new player who will hear that in gw2 you have to spent for example 18weeks in wvw to get armor or just pay and get it instant will go search for other game.

THANK YOU...finally someone got it xD. he thought i was FOR his suggestions xD (no bully intended)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, kenzil.5983 said:

So it works there but not here for some reason? 

Im wondering why no one could point out any good reason for that…

Maybe this already proved that its not an issues if they were to add it here aswell….

Thanks for supporting my suggestion 🤔

Who said it works there? Because surely not the person you just quoted. 

If I thought that's a good idea, I'd play there, but I don't because I think it's a bad one. If you think it's a good idea, you can go play there and have what you want.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, rawisz.6439 said:

Its working in China because whole p2w model origins from asia, almost all mmo games there are in this category. Asian titles with this kind of monetization failed when tried to push to western market in most cases. Its pretty common knowledge, dont know why you act like you dont know what is gamers opinions about p2w games. There is huge diffrence in putting cosmetics/minor QoL items in cash shop (most games do this) and giving best in slot gear obtainable with credit card. It maybe wouldnt have huge impact for players who are already hooked to game. But potential new player who will hear that in gw2 you have to spent for example 18weeks in wvw to get armor or just pay and get it instant will go search for other game.

That is only assuming that potential new players will immediately pursuit Legendary Armors at entry, which is unrealistic at best.

Veteran players might not have felt it, but since most of the game's essectial progressions, equipments and mounts are already locked behind 4 paying expansions, additional requirement of purchasing their relative living stories, plus a very active gem to gold model. This is already a P2W game for new players, just not yet to the extent of other NCsoft's offerings.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

That is only assuming that potential new players will immediately pursuit Legendary Armors at entry, which is unrealistic at best.

Veteran players might not have felt it, but since most of the game's essectial progressions, equipments and mounts are already locked behind 4 paying expansions, additional requirement of purchasing their relative living stories, plus a very active gem to gold model. This is already a P2W game for new players, just not yet to the extent of other NCsoft's offerings.

Paid expansions are as p2w as any not truly f2p game is "because you need to buy it to play it". So not at all.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 9/23/2023 at 3:58 AM, kenzil.5983 said:

And even if there are people in this world that like playing p2w games why cant you let them do what they enjoy?

Are they harming any one in the real world by spending money while PLAYING AND SUPPORTING a game and at the same time literally having to pay taxes in the real world for every purchase ?
ask this to your self instead 🙂 

Because it actively harms the environment that GW2 is. Changing it to P2W undermines the point of horizontal progression. And it feeds the entitlement complex that destroys gaming as a whole. Games in general used to be better overall, and these practices are what has continued to bring them down. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Adry.7512 said:

Still a better idea to make it tradeable. Making the armor tradeable may even lower the costs of other required components to make it in the first place. Why? Because of the fact that if it’s overpriced and too expensive people will probably opt out of it and just buy the set. 

I don't think making the actual armor tradeable would be smart legendary weapons are overpriced as it is and your just making it accessible for the whales , however making the ascended / legendary MATERIALS tradeable like obsidian shards / bloodstone dust / clovers ,etc I think would be a smart idea however 

On 6/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Mike.7983 said:

+1 to fix mirage, cal and roy murdered it again.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Because it actively harms the environment that GW2 is. Changing it to P2W undermines the point of horizontal progression. And it feeds the entitlement complex that destroys gaming as a whole. Games in general used to be better overall, and these practices are what has continued to bring them down. 

what makes you think that after all these years that it is still possible to buy legendary weapons  an introduction of armor would hurt the game?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

MMOs currently on the market that might pique your desire for fast dopamine hits much better than the steady burn that is GW2.

True my friend it might be time to go, because all thats left here are the people that want to force you to do boring repetitive legendary grinds in order to burn you out…

…so that they can continue bragging with those legendarys

wich is truly a healthy way to support content engagement in this game….

im sure these same exact people will have all their best intentions influence changes in favor of the games future aswell…

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

True my friend it might be time to go, because all thats left here are the people that want to force you to do boring repetitive legendary grinds in order to burn you out…

…so that they can continue bragging with those legendarys

wich is truly a healthy way to support content engagement in this game….

im sure these same exact people will have all their best intentions influence changes in favor of the games future aswell…

False, nobody is forcing you to do anything, in fact plenty of people (interestingly enough, including you when you -correctly- claimed you can easly skip legendaries by using ascended gear) pointed out that you don't need the legendaries to normally play the game.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Quite the opposite, undermining horizontal progression is exactly why OW legendary armor exist in the first place.

Players that progressed horizontally already have access to existing legendary armors.

Edited by Vilin.8056
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Quite the opposite, undermining horizontal progression is exactly why OW legendary armor exist in the first place.

Players that progressed horizontally already have access to existing legendary armors.

Which makes it an optional tier of gear you don't need for anything if you don't want to play more of the game's content. Nothing here is an argument for "letting me swipe", which in turn does undermine the integrity of the game and how it's viewed by people potentially wanting to play it as well as those already playing it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Okay, this seems to be a heated discussion.

I just speak for myself when I say that I am highly disappointed with ANet's decision to make it a mere Rift Hunt grind. I was expecting something else: more fun through more variety, i.e. more places to go and various tasks to accomplish from all that OW has to offer.

Hence my personal disappointment with how mind-numbingly boring this "adventurous hunt for the OW legendary armor set" turned out to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, this seems to be a heated discussion.

I just speak for myself when I say that I am highly disappointed with ANet's decision to make it a mere Rift Hunt grind. I was expecting something else: more fun through more variety, i.e. more places to go and various tasks to accomplish from all that OW has to offer.

Hence my personal disappointment with how mind-numbingly boring this "adventurous hunt for the OW legendary armor set" turned out to be.

would you want to farm it in order to sell it for a profit instead ?

or do you just hate the rifting part more?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Magesterium.1750 said:

I don't think making the actual armor tradeable would be smart legendary weapons are overpriced as it is and your just making it accessible for the whales , however making the ascended / legendary MATERIALS tradeable like obsidian shards / bloodstone dust / clovers ,etc I think would be a smart idea however 

I am going to have to say it again, that’s wrong. Making the final product tradeable would make much more sense than its individual components. Whales will be whales so who cares. I think putting all individual components in the TP will destroy the current player experience and it takes away power from the players that actually invest time into the game. Zero point in making the end product not tradeable but all its individual parts tradeable. Not only does it not make sense but like I said you take away all power from the grinders and farmers aka players that invest significant time into the game. Selling the end product would be the PROFIT of their efforts. I am baffled as to how some people are not understanding this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Would OP also want raid and WvW armor, trinkets, backs, etc to be tradable?

You just said raids and wvw meaning that it’s a different reward track and method of farming. BUT since these will be OPEN WORLD items then it’s only fair to place them in TP.  It just makes sense!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Adry.7512 said:

You just said raids and wvw meaning that it’s a different reward track and method of farming. BUT since these will be OPEN WORLD items then it’s only fair to place them in TP.  It just makes sense!

What would be the point tying them to soto then?

If its on the tp even free to play can buy them.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Adry.7512 said:

Yes, it's all different aspects of play in the game ... WvW legendary armor, raid legendary armor, and open world.  Each helps make it accessible for different play styles.  Weapons include a little bit of everything, minus raid but frequently fractals instead for instanced content.  I was genuinely curious as to what your limitations would be or none, and just all the legendaries be purchasable and therefore just swipe a card and instantly you're legendary?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1