Nerfing Condition Berserker?

Heisen.2315

1 minute ago, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:

Cause Snowcrows had Condi Quickness zerker as  top Quickness/DPS spec.

I haven't seen a single Quickness Berserker in any content, its actually disgusting that they nerf based on benchmarks on idle bosses. You can't upkeep Berserker state in a real scenario due to invulnerability / phasing of bosses .

• Thanks 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Heisen.2315 said:

I haven't seen a single Quickness Berserker in any content, its actually disgusting that they nerf based on benchmarks on idle bosses. You can't upkeep Berserker state in a real scenario due to invulnerability / phasing of bosses .

The only quick Zerker I have ever seen... Was me. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nerfing based on benchmarks that most people don't reach is almost as bad as balancing based off of the wiki...

golem benchmarks are not representative of how PvE content actually works in this game. It has value to know the absolute best case scenario but context matters and that context has been screaming that condizerk is an unplayable mess ever since that berserk rework.

Barely anyone played the spec and even less people will play it now that the only thing it had going for it has been butchered.

Edited by rainhelm.3827
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

qZerk was already utter garbage on the effort-reward ratio compared to qHerald, so nerfing both specs equally is just indicative that they have no idea how their own game works. And I don't think they were nerfed equally from the patch notes alone - these halved values look brutal. 

Condi Zerker is one of the most unpopular builds in the game - Zerker as a whole has a 1.31% play rate compared to Herald's 10.15%. 

I'd ask what happened to power budget considering just how much better qHerald is compared to qZerk, but I never believed in that balance manifesto stream in the first place. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'm not surprised. It's a sad update, but no a surprising one.

Balancing around raw numbers without regards to what actually happens in the game is nothing new.

ANet is historically only looking at metrics and statistics, not actual gameplay feel, use and functionality. Which are all very important parts to be taken into consideration, especially due to this games combat system being a sort of action combat/tab target hybrid.

Warrior does not feel as good to use.

• Thanks 3

Warrior and ele are literally the least played class (all e-spec counted) and they nerfed these two , are they rolling a dice in the balance team to choose what to nerf or just do a party and go drunk before patching ? cause i understand the Gs nerf for rev , the scourge and the specter nerf  , but ele and warrior , why ?

6 ppl in the whole game benched 50k and what ? everybody is able to bench 50k , duh ... right guys ? i benched 150 k with my bladesworn by killing a neutral rabbit with full boons , so if i send a video of me killing rabbits with my dragon slash will they nerf bladesworn ? wtf... stop looking at benchmarks , look at the % the class is played and look into why the class has no success at all instead of nerfing it ... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2