Buff dungeon loot

Well they are not completely dead (I did Arah P2 yesterday) but players need a "small push" to run them.

Maybe if they update the items that can be bought with the tokens, a selectable armor box after every path completion (or maybe every 3 different path completions) and make a daily section for 3-4 paths that cycle through all of them every 2 weeks or something.

They could be considered a preparation stage for fractals for completely new players and updated rewards maybe would push more experienced players to run them more frequently and getting something for their time.

As long as we don't get "500LI, all titles, meta-or-die-build, n00b5 get the fr@ck out" LFG listings they might get their place in small group end game daily routine of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, vares.8457 said:

Dungeons are pretty boring, I don’t think they should change the rewards. They abandoned dungeons for fractals, why buff rewards? 

Again, dungeons being boring is a subjective statement. You find them boring. Others do not.

As long as they are still in the game, people should feel like it's worth their time to engage in them. If they don't want people playing them, they should remove them. But they haven't. So it's not unreasonable for people that like the content ask for the content to be updated to current reward standards.

Yes, they haven't added new dungeons since they added Fractals, but it's a leap to say that it means no one should engage in them at all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Polantaris.9513 said:

As long as they are still in the game, people should feel like it's worth their time to engage in them.

If you don’t think they are worth your time then don’t do them. You may think they aren’t worth your time, others do think it. What’s worth your or my time is very subjective. Still I see no reason to change anything about dungeon rewards. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Polantaris.9513 said:

Again, dungeons being boring is a subjective statement. You find them boring. Others do not.

As long as they are still in the game, people should feel like it's worth their time to engage in them. If they don't want people playing them, they should remove them. But they haven't. So it's not unreasonable for people that like the content ask for the content to be updated to current reward standards.

Yes, they haven't added new dungeons since they added Fractals, but it's a leap to say that it means no one should engage in them at all.

Sure, it is a subjective statement. But dungeons aren't really unrewarding in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Dungeons are pretty boring, I don’t think they should change the rewards. They abandoned dungeons for fractals, why buff rewards? 

I hate fractals because there is very often some jumping or complicated run associated with it. I by far prefer dungeons, but the problem is it can take time to find pple. Buffing the loot may help. Besides, there are some achievements tied to dungeons, and you need dungeon currency for Gen I legendaries.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Anet stopped working on dungeons long ago when they introduced fractals.  They aren't going to go back and add more development to them now.

But they did mounts... One can dream...

But on point: They probably won't do anything with dungeons but it would be cool if they did. However, it would take more than just better loot. Dungeons are full of bugs and inconsistencies, stuff that just doesn't work anymore or that would be done very differently today. Dungeons would need a complete overhaul.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

But they did mounts... One can dream...

But on point: They probably won't do anything with dungeons but it would be cool if they did. However, it would take more than just better loot. Dungeons are full of bugs and inconsistencies, stuff that just doesn't work anymore or that would be done very differently today. Dungeons would need a complete overhaul.

Mounts weren't replacing any existing content like fractals did with dungeons.  But yes, on can dream.  Stranger things certainly have happened.  😉

2 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Because dungeons are fun, and the rewards should make sense for the time invested.  It would incentivize more players to run them.  

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Stx.4857 said:

Because dungeons are fun, and the rewards should make sense for the time invested.  It would incentivize more players to run them.  

Others have said it before, but to reiterate: dungeons are abandoned content and have been for nigh on a decade now. They streamlined dungeon tokens to make things easier, but otherwise don't expect anything to be added to dungeons (it was more a currency thing than a dungeon thing anyway).

Would it really incentivize players to run dungeons more often? Maybe. But that doesn't mean ANet just gets to add more loot to the table. It would mean they have to actively support dungeons again, keep things in working order and fix things that are broken.

Rewards do make sense for the time invested. Remember that dungeon tokens are a unique currency, for which you can buy items and skins/gear that you can't buy anywhere else.

Strikes is where it's at now when it comes to instanced content. And a little bit of Fractals. Maybe a new one once a year. Despite being active content the development cycle for Fractals is extremely slow (we just got a new one so the next one should be live sometime around Christmas 2024, probably). But dungeons (and Raids)? ANet is not going to invest in something they abandoned a decade ago and for which they have a current alternative that they're actively working on. One can hope, sure. But that hope will inevitably result in disappointment. I'd save myself the trouble, if I were you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Others have said it before, but to reiterate: dungeons are abandoned content and have been for nigh on a decade now. They streamlined dungeon tokens to make things easier, but otherwise don't expect anything to be added to dungeons (it was more a currency thing than a dungeon thing anyway).

Would it really incentivize players to run dungeons more often? Maybe. But that doesn't mean ANet just gets to add more loot to the table. It would mean they have to actively support dungeons again, keep things in working order and fix things that are broken.

Rewards do make sense for the time invested. Remember that dungeon tokens are a unique currency, for which you can buy items and skins/gear that you can't buy anywhere else.

Strikes is where it's at now when it comes to instanced content. And a little bit of Fractals. Maybe a new one once a year. Despite being active content the development cycle for Fractals is extremely slow (we just got a new one so the next one should be live sometime around Christmas 2024, probably). But dungeons (and Raids)? ANet is not going to invest in something they abandoned a decade ago and for which they have a current alternative that they're actively working on. One can hope, sure. But that hope will inevitably result in disappointment. I'd save myself the trouble, if I were you.

I have no hopes.  I just happen to think dungeons are more fun than other instanced pve content, maybe it’s nostalgia, or the story, I don’t know, and I would support updating the rewards to match the time invested for the current game.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

I have no hopes.  I just happen to think dungeons are more fun than other instanced pve content, maybe it’s nostalgia, or the story, I don’t know, and I would support updating the rewards to match the time invested for the current game.  

How would you be supporting this? By supplying someone who is responsible for keeping dungeons in working order? Or by paying them extra money so they can put someone on it?

Don't get me wrong. I'd love it if they brought dungeons back from the grave. Raids and dungeons are my favorite instanced content and sadly both abandoned. Now all we have is Fractals (fun but storywise it's all things that aren't even happening in the world of Tyria right now; it's all ancient history, like an interactive museum) and Strikes (less fun because they're just story bosses adapted to 10-man content; I guess we have the people who thought they were missing out on Raid story to thank for this?).

Dungeons are fine as they are now and the rewards are ok'ish to good as well because if you run them with actual dps builds a.k.a. the "better" or best builds in the game they are a walk in the park and you'll be absolutely fast in completing them. Even with pugs not knowing boss fights or skips like in Arah etc. there is no challenge left. You literally cannot wipe until all 5 players of the party are clueless.
So, be fast, do dps, break cc bars and the gold reward + mats is profitable. Of course you gain a lot more with boring farm trains & maps but I die while having to do RIBA or other extreme repetitive stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Polantaris.9513 said:

If they don't want people playing them, they should remove them

very silly statement, i dont know of any mmo that removed old content for that reason.

dungeons have their own unique reward (currency) that offers some usefull stuff (runes, skins, legendry materials etc.) and they are sort of profitable if you do them with proper team doing some skips or even glitches so thats not that.

in general they are considered boring (too long, too repetitive etc.), very outdated (tectures/mechanics) and have plenty of bugs among some other issues, so if they decided to make them viable way of farming, they would have to fix milion of bugs and other issues and its just not worth it

Edited by Nimris.3781

There will be dungeon rush event in future. Also new NPC was added to Lion's Arch to insta teleport to any dungeon. They should do similar thing they did for WvW so remove current armors and weapons from dungeon NPC and add stat selectable exotics. Also dungeons has unique currency so they could add some "wanted" or limited items to buy for dungeon currency.

• Like 1