Remove Forced Click for Dailies & Weeklies

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Replacing things that are literally not broken (and removing fun effects while they are at it), like neutering Runes in order to introduce Relics (which have literally zero interesting effects for some 

ANet already said that they gonna implement old rune effects in form of relics with the upcomming updates. We'll see if they do. As for relic system overall, I am not a big fan of it eighter. I'd rather stay with the old one, especially after watching the power creep that came with relics. So Yes. Making relics balanced and working plus bringing old effects is next of the priorities ANet should focus.

27 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Or removing the old dailies system that allowed us to choose from 12 dailies, and giving us a handful of predetermined ones?

Kinda. More options is always a good thing. As much as I don't mind the seperation between game modes, more options (especially for the more abandoned content like dungeons, raids, all jumping puzzles in case of PvE ect.) would be a nice and welcome change imo.

30 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Or is it fixing things players actually have issues with, that they publicly said they are aware of, for example fixing Rush on Warrior's Greatsword?

I do not play Warrior so I do not know what exactly is wrong with this particular skill, but yes sure. If it is a bug and is even acknowledged by ANet than this is too an issue that should have priority and be fixed.

So yes. You actually brought up many problems that in my opinion deserves more devs resources than some red dot or few clicks in WV.

From myself I will only add profession balance, power creep, some love for WvW and PvP. Especially PvP, poor darlings haven't seen a good update in ages, and I don't even play PvP. Only WvW. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

ANet already said that they gonna implement old rune effects in form of relics with the upcomming updates. We'll see if they do. As for relic system overall, I am not a big fan of it eighter. I'd rather stay with the old one, especially after watching the power creep that came with relics. So Yes. Making relics balanced and working plus bringing old effects is next of the priorities ANet should focus.

Snip

And we got zero core relics the first update so unsure if we will get  any in update 2-4

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And we got zero core relics the first update so unsure if we will get  any in update 2-4

I am not sure eighter. But they did say that they will work on getting old runes effects into the relic system with the next updates. So unless they lied, we will see them back, if we won't, well, than we will have a reason to complain. Worrying beforehand will only bring us headaches. ^^

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I am not sure eighter. But they did say that they will work on getting old runes effects into the relic system with the next updates. So unless they lied, we will see them back, if we won't, well, than we will have a reason to complain. Worrying beforehand will only bring us headaches. ^^

Yea they did say that in the blogpost then posted what each update will included and to everyone suprise no core relics mentioned anywere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got it everyone!

New proposed solution. Any dailies that are completed, but the reward hasn't been claimed, are auto-deposited at the end of the daily cycle.

With this solution, the benefits of clicking on your dailies to manage your intake for not overcapping are kept.

Also, the benefits of not worrying about losing on rewards you earned without going through additional steps in a menu that's laggier than the rest of the game are also brought in.

At the end of every day, any rewards you didn't claim will auto deposit into your account. Same for weeklies every week.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

• Like 2

I hate it when UI is designed with too many clicks. It annoys me because it feel it's wasting my time. I generally use keybinds as much as possible. In OS, different apps that I use for work, in browser (and mouse gestures, those are awesome) and games. If the UI allows me I will keybind everything and then it becomes second nature, no more menus and submenus and multiple clicks. It might sound silly to some but for example at work someone else is sharing his screen and we all have to look at him/her going through the menus figuring out where specific functions are, it's painful and its wasting everyone's time. And this time can add up. How many of you are wasting useless time because someone is setting up stuff the first 5 minutes of meeting or trying to setup something that could be done with one keyboard shortcut.

So yeah this UI annoys me. Because it's inefficient and also because it's possible it's designed on purpose in such a way to keep you clicking at rewards and looking at useless stuff, instead of  actually play the game. It has definitely a mobile vibe where games have very little content and a lot of clicking through kitten and adds. In general gw2's ui is not that good and they're just making it worse with such additions. It is a first world problem though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

New proposed solution. Any dailies that are completed, but the reward hasn't been claimed, are auto-deposited at the end of the daily cycle.

It already does that. Dailies and weeklies, except for the daily login, are automatically claimed when they reset, including the completion chests. It won't however trigger the +10 AP daily achievement.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:30 AM, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Sorry, a concern about the number of clicks required to get a virtual nothing in a video game is the poster child for first world problems.

Ah yes, so everything in this game is a first world problem, might as well shut the feedback part of the forum down. You do realize how inane it sounds to call something in this game a first world problem?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/15/2023 at 1:21 PM, Donutdude.9582 said:

Is that what we've descended to?  A complaint about clicking icons in a menu for rewards?

The Astral Vault system in its current iteration is fine.  Let them work on things that actually matter, my God.  😒

"Fine" is an overstatement. Wrestling with whatever crap version of Chromium they've picked this year to get some lacklustre rewards is a pain in the kitten.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ah yes, so everything in this game is a first world problem, 

Didn't say that.  Though, doubtless, a lot of in-game issues are trivial in the grand scheme of things.

might as well shut the feedback part of the forum down.

Didn't say that, either... Noticing a trend here. Fwiw, the forum serves a purpose and I have no interest in changing that.  Feedback is not trivial to ANet, it's business.

You do realize how inane it sounds to call something in this game a first world problem?

Well, sorry, can't agree with that assertion, but I will accept that calling "something" in this game a "first world problem" sounds inane to you.

Look, you complain all you want about whatever you want.  Just, maybe realize that because something matters to you doesn't mean that that issue should matter to everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2