Remove Forced Click for Dailies & Weeklies

18 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The issue is that if you are doing dailies too close to the reset, and don't click in time, the unclaimed rewards just disappear. It's not like with normal "wiggly" reward chests, which, once triggered, stay until opened.

Except for the daily login, completed tasks are automatically claimed at reset, including the completion chest, but it doesn't trigger the achievement, so no 10 AP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This could be implementation nightmare. Depend how it was coded. We already have option for 1 item and 5 item so adding another option or change 5 option to 10 or 20 is a lot easier.

Yes but why was it even coded this way? When we can already select number in so many other places of the game, step back again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Yes but why was it even coded this way? When we can already select number in so many other places of the game, step back again.

To prevent a flood of support tickets to the CS team asking for refunds or resets because people selected the incorrect amount -- whether deliberate or not.

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Virdo.1540 said:

you can click them later. You dont need to collect right away

Doesn't work like the old dailies for getting them later. I tried playing with some bad internet the other day. And couldn't load the daily tab to click on the rewards. I could do events, and play through the story, but couldn't load the daily or gem store. So basically, I would have to skip my dailies until I get back to some good internet. 

Make it a chest again or whatever, but we shouldn't be required to click on the daily reward each time to get it. Otherwise, make the daily click be out of some laggy interface, like the chests that float on the bottom right of the screen. (Like they used to be) 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

To prevent a flood of support tickets to the CS team asking for refunds or resets because people selected the incorrect amount -- whether deliberate or not.

idk, it is easier to missclick 5 instead of 1 than TYPE your own ammount and press ok....

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2023 at 10:36 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

They should turn the daily and weekly rewards into wiggling right-clickable chests above the minimap, so we can avoid that horrendous UI of the Wizard's Toilet.

If that is too much to ask for, the astral waste should just be gained automatically.

Both ways, we can get rid of that red marker in the top left corner, without having to engage with the disgusting UI.

Just started playing again and yes, so much yes. Why do I have to go to the top menu and get notifications there, for something that should've been at most a chest, at best just added to wallet? Make it an option, if for some reason someone would prefer to keep the completed daily but not get the rewards *now*.

Really annoying choice, the way they've done it. But I guess it has to feel special if you are going for selling battle passes, or whatever the aim was?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i think the reason you have to click them to accept rewards was revealed to us due to some bugs. when you do your dailies, you're actually doing all the available dailies across the entire game, they're just hidden from the user interface so you can't see or accept them. the forced-click is there to keep you from accepting the dozens of other dailies you've done which are available to other players who have their game set up in a different configuration (what expansions they own, etc.).

i don't know if they've improved it since then, but back then they were literally just hiding some panels in the user interface, and this is why we had a few times where you got credit for some unrelated tasks. unfortunately, the whole system seems to be one big kludge.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

It’s so you have to claim the reward.  Prevents you from claiming more than the cap and losing the aa you would have gotten. Instead you have the chance to spend your AA and claim more AA. It’s fine as is you just gotta get used to it.

Thats not how it works anymore you can claim over the 1300 cap I have got 1740 aa at one time when I claimed the weekly chest recently.

So now you can claim over 1300 aa but have to spend down to under 1300 to claim more.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

It’s so you have to claim the reward.  Prevents you from claiming more than the cap and losing the aa you would have gotten. Instead you have the chance to spend your AA and claim more AA. It’s fine as is you just gotta get used to it.

It's forcing players to go through the horrendous mobile-inspired UI, that some people don't want to see.

If someone is interested in the Wizard's Toilet, they would interact with it on their own volition. And this includes keeping watch of your AA cap.

But if someone doesn't care about that and just wants to get rid of the red mark in the top left corner, why are they forced to interact with the UI that they don't want to interact with? It takes less than half a brain cell to realize that re-enabling the click chest and be done with it we had before would be a big upside for these people.

Diminishing QoL never has any value.

Continuously forcing people to go through an UI they don't want to interact with at all, will always lead to disgruntled players.

In short: Letting people simply click a chest only has beneficial effects and literally no downsides.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Meh. First world problems part 104826 imho. WV works fine for me and I like it the way it is. I'd rather see resources spent elswhere and on more pressing matters.

Like adding more annoying UIs? This wasnt there a few months ago, a degraded daily experience is not a first world problem. I want to play the game, not click on some weird menus to claim rewards. At most I want to click on chests, like how the game normally is. Or what, meta chests will also get their UI, cause the one with the daily went so well with the community?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Like adding more annoying UIs? This wasnt there a few months ago, a degraded daily experience is not a first world problem. I want to play the game, not click on some weird menus to claim rewards. At most I want to click on chests, like how the game normally is. Or what, meta chests will also get their UI, cause the one with the daily went so well with the community?

Degraded is your opinion. In my opinion it's an upgrade. It's convinient, it have nice unique rewards and I can pick the reward I need/want at the exact moment, plus If I do not need certain reward like for example t5 mats I can always spend my AA on liquid gold. 

Making 5-10 clicks daily to claim the reward is annoying for you to the point to complain about it on the forums? I am surprised You can stand using your PC at all than.

By other things I meant, balancing the game and professions and adding more content that the game needs, cuz I'd rather see the game expanding than stand still becouse someone is upset about having to CLAIM THE REWARD. Xd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Degraded is your opinion. In my opinion it's an upgrade. It's convinient, it have nice unique rewards and I can pick the reward I need/want at the exact moment, plus If I do not need certain reward like for example t5 mats I can always spend my AA on liquid gold.

The Reward structure may be an upgrade for those who want it. For everyone else, no longer being able to click the chest and be done with it, is a direct downgrade of QoL.

And that's just the reward structure. The choice dailies themselves objectively are a downgrade as well. Before, we could choose which dailies we wanted to do out of 12 possible ones. Now, we are force-fed specific ones.

For some players, having to go through that horrendous mobile-inspired UI to get rid of the red reminder in the top left corner every day (or at least each day they log in) is a major annoyance, when they could just right-click a wiggling chest above the minimap instead, if Arenanet hadn't removed it.

Arenanet just needs to re-enable being able to right-click a wiggly chest above the minimap to allow people to bypass this toilet of a system. That way, the people who like the system and want to engage with it can do so. And the people, who want to have nothing to do with the toilet, have the option to completely bypass it.

It's literally one small change with literally no downsides that they could make to make many players happy.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/15/2023 at 9:36 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

They should turn the daily and weekly rewards into wiggling right-clickable chests above the minimap, so we can avoid that horrendous UI of the Wizard's Toilet.

Pls not more wiggling chests. I play wvw and have more than I want already, have mercy, the wiggling and the followed spam clicking annoys me as it is.

I want less wiggling chests. I want wiggling chests to not appear at all. Can go all in my inventory.

I rather use the astral acclaim ui than have anything wiggling in my view.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, Donutdude.9582 said:

Is that what we've descended to?  A complaint about clicking icons in a menu for rewards?

GW is not a game app for cell phones. But the AA UI behaves like known from game apps for cell phones.
(The wiggling chests too)

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Pls not more wiggling chests. I play wvw and have more than I want already, have mercy, the wiggling and the followed spam clicking annoys me as it is.

I want less wiggling chests. I want wiggling chests to not appear at all. Can go all in my inventory.

I rather use the astral acclaim ui than have anything wiggling in my view.

It's still better than going through that horrendous UI just to get rid of the red mark.

But I'd also be fine, if there was no red reminder for the unwanted login reward to begin with, or if there was at least an option to turn off that red reminder.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's still better than going through that horrendous UI just to get rid of the red mark.

At least the red mark is just sitting there patiently waiting and not actively begging for my attention.

And the AA UI has less clicking than the chest spam... open one and 3 new wiggling chests appear because the first one filled the reward track further...

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

open one and 3 new wiggling chests appear because the first one filled the reward track further...

But that's a WvW/sPvP specific thing, not related to the daily login reward.

Gaining five of the Toilet currency doesn't progress any reward track that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

At least the red mark is just sitting there patiently waiting and not actively begging for my attention.

You may not be one of them, but there are people who are annoyed by it.

• Like 1

Well @Fueki.4753, what can I say. Looks like one person annoyence is another person benefit in this particular case. ( @Lucy.3728)

Is it worth ANet time and attencion? Imho, not at all. If I would have to choose between wiggly chest and WV app thing, I would probably side here with Lucy. Sometimes the wiggly chests don't let You live. Other example of them being an inconvinience would be Amnytas meta, especially when they reward you with just xp. But still, I would rather ANet focus on more pressing matters at hand than fixing something that is not broken. After all if they were to go and change every single thing that annoy someone, we would probably play HoT or PoF now and not 4th expansion. Especially taking under consideration that some annoyences contradict each other. ^^

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Making 5-10 clicks daily to claim the reward is annoying for you to the point to complain about it on the forums? I am surprised You can stand using your PC at all than.

Yeah, I do complain when something that is 1 click becomes 5 clicks. I am happy for you that you don't care, I do care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Biziut.3594 said:

I would rather ANet focus on more pressing matters at hand than fixing something that is not broken.

What exactly are these "more pressing matters" in your opinion?

Removing DX9 and fullscreen, causing a number of players to have a significantly worse experience with the game?

Replacing things that literally are not broken, like neutering Runes in order to introduce Relics (and removing fun effects while they are at it)?

Or removing the old dailies system that allowed us to choose from 12 dailies, and giving us a handful of predetermined ones?

Or is it fixing things players actually have issues with, that they publicly said they are aware of, for example fixing Rush on Warrior's Greatsword?

As far as I am concerned, only one of these can be described as a "pressing matter", which literally is the only one they haven't done.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Yeah, I do complain when something that is 1 click becomes 5 clicks. I am happy for you that you don't care, I do care.

Aww, I am happy for You too. Just heed my words and try not to care about such meaningless things too often. It will do no good to Your mental health. And God knows that we have enough of more important things to care about. God blessing to You dear.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2