Oct 17th Patch Notes changes for WvW

XenesisII.1540

11 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not sure I agree here. I don't visit the sPvP forums much since they are even worse about asking for changes and then when they get them they are woe is me posts. There have been a lot of lag posts pointing to Necro skills and minions as being the issue. I didn't test this but have seen the various threads indicating the idea was a potential in increasing latency so I could see ANet looking into this after all the various threads. Now did they? Did they find it as an issue? I don't know, but it has popped up in this subforum a number of times, so that is a fairball.

Right, but if you look at most of the other replies in this topic, they are all about smallscale and roaming--not blob balance or blob lag.  

Even blob lag, no one is blaming necro on that but anet because they can't fix their own game...

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

There's some absolute durians in these forums some days.

This makes me lol; can't even reply to me directly but the indirect shade is hilarious.  

But maybe it's a bigger indicator like I mentioned before---you and anet need to read the room, WvW wants smallscale back.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

there's multiple items in the notes that have been talked about in the wvw forums for 6 months

Don't really want to start too much of a fight, but it's clear these changes are WvW focused as we already have deliberate PvP/WvW split balances. They would not waste their time doing that if it weren't specific. Evidence: Like, 10 years of balance that did not separate between game modes

Rise was obvious because it destabilized the servers. Not only is it obvious that 100+ people fighting in the same place creating more objects that the already poor servers have to track boons and crap or whatever would tip the edge.  And should have been obvious if you played the game at all vs any organized group.

Berserker would have been obvious to anyone using a meter. This is not because I'm salty zerkers can double or triple my numbers within 5-10 seconds and slamming their face on the keyboard, though Anet again made the mistake of not targeting the offending skills and making changes across the board which causes them to hug the meta even harder.  Thief mains: First time?

There are some changes from PvP that could have made it over, but also some that don't. For example, I think WBs shouldn't be able to double dash. Of course, Willbender is always regarded as underpowered  in pve because it's not Firebrand and also because the alacrity gimmick they want to push is stupidly designed and clunky af. Incidentally this is also what Anet perceives WB's role in WvW because it's used as Alac dps in zergs and not the "Imma roleplay a heavy thief with all survival utilities"  braindead version you see randoms use. Regardless, that's probably why they didn't nerf the double f2 leap. And it's still not a firebrand. :s

Besides, people actually play WvW.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Don't really want to start too much of a fight, but it's clear these changes are WvW focused as we already have deliberate PvP/WvW split balances. They would not waste their time doing that if it weren't specific. Evidence: Like, 10 years of balance that did not separate between game modes

Rise was obvious because it destabilized the servers. Not only is it obvious that 100+ people fighting in the same place creating more objects that the already poor servers have to track boons and crap or whatever would tip the edge.  And should have been obvious if you played the game at all vs any organized group.

I'm not sure why some durian fruit had to roll in and stink up the thread trying to arguing with me over anet reading the forums, when it's clear multiple items have been discussed in the wvw forums. 

I know these forums are dead but geez man of all things to argue over.

• Confused 1

XenesisII.1540, well think that's more of an agree to disagree thing; I don't think it's a productive tangent because it ends up as a pointless philosophical debate that doesn't help anyone.  And while sometimes I may indulge in that, again, I don't want to plague readers too much with that.   😎

12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

But durian is delicious, or so I'm told.

Hmm, can't say I'm a fan.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

In a way, but we've had splits for at least 8 years---the OWP nerf this patch for WvW is a great example of that, it started in PvE and gradually made its way through as nothing more than a convenience item.

That's my problem, is OWP hasn't been a problem in forever because of all the projectile hate now built in--and when it was a problem for a few years, they ignored it because of 'smallscale'.  

Just sick of letting WvW go stagnant because they keep adding enough new vendors to get the PvEr in, but the game mode itself is dying just as fast as sPvP and these patch notes prove it when all they've done is literally copy previous balance changes over and a few shots in the dark to combat blob lag.  

A WvW focused patch would literally be that--they would have to correct both small and large scale, and that includes addressing cele and a lot of the actual profession outliers like harb, wb, engis with speed relic (most things with speed relic)...hell speed relic itself...etc. etc.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I actually like the changes.

Guild setups leaned towards dps-vindicators and berserkers, and from my recent experience and logs some of the biggest sources of damge were now nerfed.
For the metabattle-build for berserkers this nerfs corresponds individually to Blood Reaction=-3% dmg, Fatal Frency=-5% dmg and Arc divider =-16% dmg, combined something like -8% for scorched earth and -23% for arc divider. Now glass-canon builds, can also survive an arc divider hit! Before, it was a bit ridiculous at times.

Until recently, One wolf pack didn't seem like an issue to me, but then I met a soulbeast that hit me with 4k with each hit of rapid fire on a cele build.
 Sadly, I didn't play reaper at the time, so I didn't have a 40k+ HP pool and no reflect ready. Now I hope rangers need to press at least to skills to kill me 😉

I'm still playing grenade scrapper, which hits great and bursty when layering acid bomb, thuderclap, shredder gyro and grenade barrage and has no trouble to get close to berserker dps, if you mind projectile hate and aren't too greedy. ^^

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

Sadly, I didn't play reaper at the time, so I didn't have a 40k+ HP pool and no reflect ready. Now I hope rangers need to press at least to skills to kill me 😉

Annoyingly, OWP was a necessity to counter the amount of incredibly tanky and mobile roamers and gankers.

The nerf wouldn't hurt nearly as bad if they nerfed willbender and cele builds at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

Cele thief build I was trying with 2700 armour got hit with a 10k arc divider last night.

Whilst I agree all element of that sentence are disgusting The ArcD dmg was still shocking.

That's why people will run glass cannon builds looking for medium armor stat players. The player that hit you might also be out here somewhere complaining about doing so much less damage if they ran into a player set up as a tank or how a sustain healed that damage up in short order. 

2 hours ago, psizone.8437 said:

Annoyingly, OWP was a necessity to counter the amount of incredibly tanky and mobile roamers and gankers.

Also played good roles in both offensive and defensive siege assaults' to counter enemy placements. Though SB not as welcome to a zerg, groups of them made good tie-ins to counter-havoc with a zerg to target objectives that other range builds may not and had good group synergy together to do that. In close order combat they could also assist with multi-hit melee for added group synergy and damage output. Just one more reason for zergs to still tell Rangers to go. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

of course, Necros get the hammer, while Mesmers can still clog the server with their clone spam... Is MO back or what the heck???

From what I have understood, there were North American guilds spamming "Rise!" shout to make map lag for opponent.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

From what I have understood, there were North American guilds spamming "Rise!" shout to make map lag for opponent.

A few weeks ago, when the popularity of Rise exploded, everyone and their mother in NA was running a reaper squad with Rise.

After a bit, most guilds realized it's a two way street, being on the receiving end wasn't fun. Most guilds stopped, but as always in competitive modes, someone is always try to get advantages if they can.

It was unplayable, even two way battles were impossible.