Wizard's Vault Refresh [Merged]

Serynna.3786

On the french version, it's written in two separate sentence:

Les nouvelles saisons apportent une nouvelle série d’objectifs spéciaux à remplir pour obtenir des acclamations astrales. Ces objectifs persistent d’une saison à une autre.

which means in English:

New seasons bring a new series of special objectives that must be met to earn astral acclaim. These objectives (not the astral acclaim !) persist from one season to the next

It's more about the objectives which will all carry over, not the astral acclaims. I think that objectives will be carry over in the new "Legacy Rewards tab".

That's what I understood from this paragraph when I cross-referenced the French and English versions. We don't really know what's going on for astral acclaim 🤷‍♂️
If they put a limit, I think it's to avoid people keeping to much astral acclaim to rush new legendary for example. So I think, we'll still keep the 1k3 astral acclaim for the next 77 day rotation (same discussions on reddit here).

Edited by Miryks.4015
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Miryks.4015 said:

It's more about the objectives which will all carry over, not the astral acclaims. I think that objectives will be carry over in the new "Legacy Rewards tab".

Thought they said legacy would only contain skins? I question that the French version is accurate to the system.

Objectives carrying over to legacy would make it completely meaningless to have a countdown/refresh on that tab, just make additions whenever instead.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

It's worded in the studio update that three unique pieces will be available to compliment the three from the previous season. Does that wording sound like we may not see those chests return in season 3+?

I know many players are or were expecting that to be something continous. Now it seems a bit of an uncertainty.

Please share...

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

It's worded in the studio update that three unique pieces will be available to compliment the three from the previous season. Does that wording sound like we may not see those chests return in season 3+?

I know many players are or were expecting that to be something continous. Now it seems a bit of an uncertainty.

Please share...

Pretty sure the mention about "3 unique armor pieces" was about the armor skins. -so we had sanctified boots, gloves and shoulders. Now we'll have sanctified headgear/chest/legs. Ascended armor wasn't unique in any way.

As for ascended armor, well, this:

34 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

We'll find out tomorrow

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure the mention about "3 unique armor pieces" was about the armor skins. -so we had sanctified boots, gloves and shoulders. Now we'll have sanctified headgear/chest/legs. Ascended armor wasn't unique in any way.

As for ascended armor, well, this:

Ah, gotcha - because it was too much to be more clear I guess.

• Confused 3

Just now, Blokske.9016 said:

Sound logic, but and what is your source? ☺️

if i have unclaimed rewards from my dailies, and a new day starts, i lose those rewards
if i have unclaimed rewards from my weeklies, and a new week starts, i lose those rewards
theres no reason to believe the speecials will behave any differently

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blokske.9016 said:

Looks correct, I just want to make sure I won't lose anything and take with me what I can because the only thing I do right now is turning astral acclain into gold.

I can't find the correct information anywhere, thats why I asked for your source 🙂

The source for astral acclaim being retained is Anet official confirmation in their blog post.

Specifically, they say that: "New seasons bring a new series of special objectives to complete for astral acclaim, which will all carry over.". The source for unclaimed rewards not being retained is the game as it functions now.

• Thanks 1

I don’ recall Anet ever resetting the weekly completion chest in the middle of a week due to a patch. Odds are, if you grab the weekly completion chest today, you won’t get another one tomorrow. Would be nice if Anet gives us clarification, though, so we'll know if we should complete the weeklies today. @Rubi Bayer.8493

Edited by BlueJin.4127

3 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

I don’ recall Anet ever resetting the weekly completion chest in the middle of a week due to a patch. Odds are, if you grab the weekly completion chest today, you won’t get another one tomorrow.

You can't recall that, because it's the first time since vault introduction that quarterly vault season finishes. Notice, that the only time they adjusted dailies in the patch (when they added a new daily to the list), dailies did get reset.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Yes, but we've had a lot of regular patches in the middle of the day/week. The completion chests never reset.

Because those patches were not tied to vault reset. The tomorrow one will be - the vault season ends tomorrow. This will be the first time special tab gets reset as well, btw. Also, what you mentioned is not true - as i have already said, there was one time when dailies got adjusted in the patch, and they did reset then.

I mean, if you want to disbelieve the timer that Anet put on that tab, you are free to do so. Just don't be surprised later.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1