Raid dailies?

Kuya.6495

Can we get raid dailies like there are fractal and strike dailies? Fractals and strikes have weekly rewards but they also get daily rotations which I think is a good idea. Having raid dailies, like say today it's wing 1 and tomorrow's daily is wing 2, gives people an incentive to do raids more than once a week and gives people who can't log in on Mondays a chance to still get some raiding done throughout the week. It might even fill up the raid lfg on NA!

If raids are abandoned content I don't see a reason not to do this. I will leave it up to others and Anet to suggest what the daily rewards for raids should be. I would rather be complaining about raid daily rewards being bad than not having raid dailies at all.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Imagine the amount of complaining from people that they have to Raid for dailies and now Anet is catering to the toxic elitists.

It certainly wouldn't be the main wizard's vault dailies, but having motivation to raid more than once a week since solid groups are getting all 7 wings done in ~3 hours now would be nice. We would also need the ability to start bosses that we've already beaten that week so the raid wing isn't empty for a group that has already done them.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

It certainly wouldn't be the main wizard's vault dailies, but having motivation to raid more than once a week since solid groups are getting all 7 wings done in ~3 hours now would be nice. We would also need the ability to start bosses that we've already beaten that week so the raid wing isn't empty for a group that has already done them.

That's a good point. I had thought it could just be left as is as this creates an incentive for those who already cleared the wing to seek out those who have not to get their dailies done therefore making it valuable to find openers but I can see that pissing off people who don't want to bother to find an opener and just want to get their dailies done asap.

Aside from that I'm not sure what change anet could make in the backend to make a raid wing reset for dailies, aside from having the wing automatically reset on daily reset if it's the designated daily for that day.

3 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

That's a good point. I had thought it could just be left as is as this creates an incentive for those who already cleared the wing to seek out those who have not to get their dailies done therefore making it valuable to find openers but I can see that pissing off people who don't want to bother to find an opener and just want to get their dailies done asap.

Aside from that I'm not sure what change anet could make in the backend to make a raid wing reset for dailies, aside from having the wing automatically reset on daily reset if it's the designated daily for that day.

That would also annoy people, effectively making us lose progress on a partially completed raid wing. It would have to be something that we can use to voluntarily reset a boss, like adding a dialog option to Glenna or the challenge mote (including adding a new mote on bosses that don't have them) to respawn the boss.

3 hours ago, Aaron Forestman.4758 said:

That would also annoy people, effectively making us lose progress on a partially completed raid wing. It would have to be something that we can use to voluntarily reset a boss, like adding a dialog option to Glenna or the challenge mote (including adding a new mote on bosses that don't have them) to respawn the boss.

They could add an option upon walking into the portal to select weekly raid instance or daily. Your weekly could be the same as now: the daily appears only when it is daily and is separate instance from the weekly.

• Thanks 1

It would be awesome if raids had good repeatable rewards so more people would be doing them. Right now it's really just a once a week thing for me doing a few different raids, but I'd like to do them more often so I can master them faster.

It's what I've been doing in fractals when I first started playing them. I've joined daily groups even though I already did my dailies to farm them and learn every mechanic there was and I was decently rewarded for doing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

they really just need to add a dedicated instanced content tab to the vault, where you're given a random selection of all instanced content (including less popular stuff like drms), and then get to chose to do say like half of them to get your daily reward.

this daily reward would be given even if the content has a weekly limit (e.g, raids, end of dragons strikes and so on).

you'd be surprised how many pug groups would pop up in lfg literally overnight. players don't raid and so on because they're not rewarded for it--most of the rewards from instanced content are only useful for getting ascended gear (only required for fractals) or making legendaries, both of which are very much optional for casuals, and the gold is more easily obtained in open-world by an order of a magnitude.

in short, its just not worth over coming raid(dungeon/fractal/etc.) anxiety for them, since there's nothing special about the rewards at all.

i could make an argument here about how open-world shouldn't be dumping 20g+ an hour on casual players while instanced content that is far more difficult gives you barely anything, but my point is you have to present something that even very casual players have a use for, like astral acclaim.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 10/28/2023 at 12:14 PM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

The simplest solution would have been adding the weekly call of the mist effect from weekly raids to the vault for more visibility. This way everyone could see which wing gives you double gold this rotation. 

I like this idea and would expand on it:

instead of additional gold, or fixed rewards, let clearing daily raids provide a temporary buff. It could be a temporary Call of the Mists for example. That always attracts additional players to WvW.

Or make an entire new buff, my thought would be: clearing the daily raid would provide a day long buff (until reset) which gives a second roll on open world meta events for example.

Now watch as some players clear the raid first, then start doing their open world meta event runs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...

I think average wing takes too long to be daily, even though it would fit, 7 wings 7 days of the week.

There was "Weekly Raids" tab in the achivements but it gave rewards only for cm bosses so they removed it for obvious reason. (maybe 0.5% of playerbase was getting it)

I would love to see it brought back but without necessity to activate cm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khlori.6209 said:

There was "Weekly Raids" tab in the achivements but it gave rewards only for cm bosses so they removed it for obvious reason. (maybe 0.5% of playerbase was getting it)

The rewards from the weekly raids achievements were not removed, they were rolled into the base game and now allow more rewards total.

The former implementation was: clear 5 raid CMs, get bonus reward of 10 provisioner token + gold. This was changed to 2 provisioner token + gold per challenge mode completed as to encourage running more than 5 CMs (and not only the easiest 5).

The actual achievement tracker as such was thus not needed any longer.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

With the Wizard Vault they have a lot of power here to manipulate traffic in a certain map or instance content and it even has the chance to be pushed to something trackable/competitive.

First imagine things like:

- Finish Echowild meta 5 times. ( EOD Echowild meta map traffic is gonna be heavy that week ).
- Complete Salvation Pass ( Raids wing 2 gonna have more traffic and new people might try it ).
- Complete 99 Fractal on CM ( Same as above )
- Complete the jumping puzzle X under N minutes.

Implementing this is very easy as its only data, you'll just need to add to the encounters above their vault function ( hopefully its singular ).

As for the trackable/competitive part it can have a different vault currency which you get from a certain tab with hard demands for instance content.

Examples:

- Finish Salvation Pass under N minutes.
- Beat Qadim on CM and get the Lamp achievement.

That can push some instance gamers to hunt down these only because its in the wizard vault and again its not difficult to implement just data and a function.

If you want to push it one level higher you can do the speedrun / lowmens thingies like

- Be the fastest one to complete Salvation Pass.
- Complete Salvation pass with least number of people in squad.

This vault has so much power and yet all they put in there is "use a CC skill" , "Dodge an attack"...

I would add the having GIFS instead of plain text would decorate this vault as well.

Edited by Dean.3056
  • Confused 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:58 AM, Khlori.6209 said:

I think average wing takes too long to be daily, even though it would fit, 7 wings 7 days of the week.

I would love to see it brought back but without necessity to activate cm.

There's already call of the mists which essentially doubles raid rewards in 1 wing. There's also the empowered modifier too for newbs or lazy people like me. In fairness I'm pretty good as a support or condi dps mirage but that's like it. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Could also be a weekly, but in term of reward it should stay raid money focused , if you make it vault money a lot of ppl are gonna complain.

A weekly already exists, call of the mists. Raiding is definitely worth it with an exp group even if you have fully envoy now if you're still chasing legendaries. The exp/spirit shards are way better and that's actually starting to become a bottleneck for me now. I think a daily will kitten people off.  Also the magnetite helps with clover conversions.

• Sad 1

Issue most ppl do not understand is that GW2 is MMO created for casual players with horrible LFG system for instanced content for casual players. If you want to increase raid population, then LFG needs to be reworked. Like how many ppl know what raid has buff this week? I would say almost noone.

Also GW2 became gold per hour simulator for many ppl. Do you remember old MMOs where rewards were terrible, but ppl still played it? I do. It was about pulling everyone in your guild to that certain content so everyone get stuff or you just did it with certain conditions like "only tanks" runs and so on. In GW2 it is more like "I did daily/weekly gold farm and now I have nothing to do".

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

A weekly already exists, call of the mists. Raiding is definitely worth it with an exp group even if you have fully envoy now if you're still chasing legendaries. The exp/spirit shards are way better and that's actually starting to become a bottleneck for me now. I think a daily will kitten people off.  Also the magnetite helps with clover conversions.

That's just boring , having a bit more gold for a whole wing isn't quite exciting , i am for a daily specific boss (with the option to respawn bosses once the wing is cleared) and a weekly wing clear.

• Like 3

On 10/27/2023 at 6:21 AM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Imagine the amount of complaining from people that they have to Raid for dailies and now Anet is catering to the toxic elitists.

Umm like wvw and pvp are subsets of choosing daily's or better weeklies raid could be a checkbox . I would def support that! They could incorporate them in the pve ones too not everyone does every daily weekly or special so they could fit it in there. The raid community isnt that small, and anets turning their backs on them and not giving them anything since pof is not right. I get they wanted strikes to take raiding place, but they didnt. Not a lot of strike groups either, and the SoTo ones are truly disappointing in turnout, second to eod ones, while the IBS strikes seem to encourage the most participation. So weeklies for raids would do something for the raiders in this game who are disenfranchised by anet.

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Thanks 2