The people designing ele should be reassigned

Poelala.2830

Why?  @Poelala.2830 is a solid dude and a great player but just because you're good at something, doesn't mean you know what's best/wrong with it.  

People stuck in their own little bubbles without looking at what's around them.  This is obviously the case.  

And please, tell me I'm the same with Guard and you can look at my history advocating for nerfs to unhealthy Guardian mechanics(Old Retal, Symbol size for example).

Threads such as this aren't deserved when there are those that are FAR worse-off.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

Elementalist (and I think engineer?) are the only classes without the ability to remove boons without assistance from relics/sigils.

If you go into "Boonstrip" in Wiki, you will see...
The 2 classes that cannot Strip Boons are actually Ele/Guardian, while Engi has multiple on core.

If you've played the game this long, and you can't even do basic research when you make a post saying "GYUYS I HYAV THE EVYIDENCE ELE IS TRASH", I am not even remotely inclined to believe you.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

The 2 classes that cannot Strip Boons are actually Ele/Guardian, while Engi has multiple on core.

If you've played the game this long, and you can't even do basic research when you make a post saying "GYUYS I HYAV THE EVYIDENCE ELE IS TRASH", I am not even remotely inclined to believe you.

The only ele I ever see now is a veteren condi D/D tempest (EU). Where are all the staff tempests, weavers, hammer catas, scepter-focus anything? or DD anything that isnt tempest?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

The only thing you didn't understand was the point of my post.

Short story long; Make your own thread.

most of your posts have so much gobbledygook that it is a chore to read. 

too much complaints and passion, nothing feels well thought out.

just loads of "im right, just because i exist" and derailing passion.

ele is in a good spot, your skill is not

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Ele really feelsbad after the catapocalypse

So much nerfed in name of one class

The whole auras on signet you could tell it would be broken, that should have never happened. The auras interactions in pve are not that great, it could have been any boon, quick, ss, alacrity, barrier, the fact it wouldn't proc another thousand effects it would never reach that level of brokeness

More and more i feel we need the

Works like this when elite x is equiped

So we avoid having a class fully gut the nerf an specific elite

Which is the case of most things you pointed out

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Agreed. This also happened to:

Thieves

Necros

Warriors

Condi revenants

Mesmers

Engineers

to date. Something gets pushed, it's omegabusted, then it gets nerfed to worse than it was just so the mechanic that made it omegabusted doesnt have to get reverted, sometimes dragging off meta builds that were kinda, maybe sorta working kicking and screaming as it goes.

Then it should do melee damage. Some of my best fights are vs nuke eles. I would love to see more of that as long as their nuking can be interrupted and doesnt come from across the map with magnetic skills that follow you around before landing, forcing you to dodge-

/upset

I miss d/d. Not the cele one, the buzzsaw one.

Thief, engineer, and necro have had at least 1 meta build almost (if not) every patch since at least HoT. War is in a very strong state. This post isn't just about poor balancing, but the class's design as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

This is fairly rich.  Guardian is EASILY the worst-designed profession in the game and I can easily prove it.

- No other profession has SO many terribly-tracking skills(Torch, Scepter-Auto, Staff-Auto, LB at max range, Zealot's Defense, Zealot's Embrace, Binding Blade, Leap of Faith)

- The most static class in terms of mechanics(Consecrations, Symbols, rooted-skills)

- Nearly every healing-skill is garbage.  You're taking the lesser of many evils here; same with utilities.  Heaven's palm has got to be the worst Elite-skill in the game, bar none.  

I could go on far more than this dude ever could.  Outside of support, Guardian has been TERRIBLE for the longest time.

I don't disagree. Two things can be true at the same time.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Why?  @Poelala.2830 is a solid dude and a great player but just because you're good at something, doesn't mean you know what's best/wrong with it.  

People stuck in their own little bubbles without looking at what's around them.  This is obviously the case.  

And please, tell me I'm the same with Guard and you can look at my history advocating for nerfs to unhealthy Guardian mechanics(Old Retal, Symbol size for example).

Threads such as this aren't deserved when there are those that are FAR worse-off.

You're acting like I attacked u in this post. Are you okay? Seek help.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Don't care + didn't ask. This wasn't really about any class other than elementalist anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Poelala.2830 said:

Don't care + didn't ask. This wasn't really about any class other than elementalist anyway.

Thats not for you to decide, since 1 classes performance affects everyone else.
Don't forget, this is the sPvP forum section, your thread by all rights isn't even the right place.

And my point still stands, you ASKED TO be criticized, becuz u have no idea what you are talking about, while making no effort to understand more.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Thats not for you to decide, since 1 classes performance affects everyone else.
Don't forget, this is the sPvP forum section, your thread by all rights isn't even the right place.

And my point still stands, you ASKED TO be criticized, becuz u have no idea what you are talking about, while making no effort to understand more.

You didn't even read the TITLE, obviously. It isn't about performance, it's about DESIGN. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Serious question here for eles (and anyone else who says the same thing):

If you had your way, matches above a certain rating/skill level would be 10 eles in each lobby because you want it to be objectively stronger because it's harder to play.
How exactly do you propose that works in class based games?

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Serious question here for eles (and anyone else who says the same thing):

If you had your way, matches above a certain rating/skill level would be 10 eles in each lobby because you want it to be objectively stronger because it's harder to play.
How exactly do you propose that works in class based games?

Having more buttons doesn't make a profession harder.  If that were the case, FB would be the MOST difficult spec since it has a total of 30 skills to manage(2 weapons, 3 tomes, utilities)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Arken.3725 said:

Having more buttons doesn't make a profession harder.  If that were the case, FB would be the MOST difficult spec since it has a total of 30 skills to manage(2 weapons, 3 tomes, utilities)

I don't disagree, but I also didn't say anything about total number of buttons.

But if the argument is that ele is harder to play and thus should be rewarded for that, the only way to not create a game in which everyone eventually distills into elementalist players is to make everyone roughly the same difficulty to play.

Which is a fine suggestion, I wouldn't oppose it, but I'm not convinced those same people wouldn't have a superiority complex about it even if that happened.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

most of your posts have so much gobbledygook that it is a chore to read. 

too much complaints and passion, nothing feels well thought out.

just loads of "im right, just because i exist" and derailing passion.

ele is in a good spot, your skill is not

So don't read them, and I am right 😜 there are only a hand full of specs that are on par with the effort of playing ele, be it core, weaver, tempest or cata. 90% of the most used specs are 5 button heros; scrapper, SB, dagger untamed, condi zerker, blade, power chrono(burst is not hard at all), core gaurd(easy support), and so on. Its like a compitition, who can do the most damage with the least buttons, who will transend the MMORG genre and become GW2's first FPS spec?.. my bets are on zerker.

And can we get off this circle jerk where you all tell yourselves that pressing 5 buttons takes as much skill as pressing 20. Please, just stop that ;/

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Poelala.2830 said:

You didn't even read the TITLE, obviously. It isn't about performance, it's about DESIGN. 

Nice try, except you didn't discuss the positive aspects of design at all, such as the few things Anet did right, and shud focus on.
You only focused the negative, meaning your post is about wanting straight ele buffs, not adjustment.
Also, its all "other classes have THIS advantage over Ele blah blah", you literally didn't want to have a "class identity", you just want "what the other kids have that I don't".
Its like kids play fighting and you gave yourself powers from every superhero you cud possibly think of.

Your post IS about Performance.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

And can we get off this circle jerk where you all tell yourselves that pressing 5 buttons takes as much skill as pressing 20. Please, just stop that ;/

Definitely the wrong forum for that lol. This game has been cynically catering to the lowest-common-denominator for so long that that's pretty much 99% of the remaining pvp playerbase. Just bringing up the very basic concept of like, "Hey maybe it should actually take at least 1/4th of a brain cell to play a meta pvp spec." seems to give half the posters here a compete psychic break.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

So don't read them, and I am right 😜 there are only a hand full of specs that are on par with the effort of playing ele, be it core, weaver, tempest or cata. 90% of the most used specs are 5 button heros; scrapper, SB, dagger untamed, condi zerker, blade, power chrono(burst is not hard at all), core gaurd(easy support), and so on. Its like a compitition, who can do the most damage with the least buttons, who will transend the MMORG genre and become GW2's first FPS spec?.. my bets are on zerker.

That's one of the biggest issues with this game and the elitist community that "circle jerk" the devs when they buff their classes... or QQ hysterically when their jack-of-all-trades class gets a huge nerf.

* "Lets play Engi because it has more buttons and carries... Lets go back to Cata because they have more buttons and carries but does more on every node it comes across compared to engi... Oh, War has less buttons but carries on sidenode they are OP and needs nerfs this is ridiculous my Cata can't beat them..."

Should we just blame Anet for making "easy classes" and "harder classes" at this point??? Because saying that 1 class is "more difficult" because it takes all your fingers + nipples to play the rotation of it. God forbid a nipple ring gets in the way of your piano playstyle.

This particular argument is the wrong way to go about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Should be like wow, a slow caster that does big damage that moves slow but can blink around while rotating defensives. Fresh air is such a weird version of ele.

I have always, always wanted this. I want it to hurl fire balls mixed with lighting lol. Actually cast stuff thats not on the floor. Something always rubbed me wrong about the way ele has everything tied to the floor. Felt cheap and cheasy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arken.3725 said:

Dude, Ele is amazingly designed overall.  It has awesome flow, solid weaponry for the most part.  It was not designed to be static/slow like some others so I don't understand the whining.  

The amazing design is guardian no ele..... It is reason why 2/4 of the population go rushing around on Willbender in wvw and no ele...so stop the kitten BS, if they don't know how to balance, it means they haven't got a clue what they were trying to accomplish. They did not want to follow the design of GW1 and they went all hippy-go-lucky "original" devs, they could have used a simple double element design: 2 x elements at any given time - offense or defense role, instead than this BS 4 x elements cover all roles crap..then come down with "ops we can't balance it sorry guys"

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 5
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The amazing design is guardian no ele..... It is reason why 2/4 of the population go rushing around on Willbender in wvw and no ele...so stop the kitten BS

Things suddenly make infinitely more sense if you think something that people play because it's busted as heck and incredibly overpowered is "amazing design"

• Like 5