DPS and PowerCreep has gotten out of control. Nerf DPS

Blumpf.2518

On 11/5/2023 at 5:01 PM, Mevelios.4809 said:

Indeed; single player games are harder. If you crave a challenge, just ask for a few titles!

MMOs have huge fees to keep their services working. They need a comparably huge player base to keep it running, so they can't cater exclusively to the most reactive ones, the most knowledgeable ones, and so on and so forth - whichever name you use pertaining to that umbrella term of "player skill".

Hence: you can take off your gear! They didn't fail, they need to consider the largest player base possible. Their very economical model relies on it; this is a business, not a charity.

lol

originally MMO's were the hardest games around

There's also a gigantic  middle ground between the 1% autobattler casual and the 1% tryhard world first racers. 

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, Dadnir.5038 said:

"Easy", "Medium", "Hard"... That's subjective...

Every single player with a "main" profession believe that it's neighbor have it better than them, that they are harder to play and less rewarding. And you want nerfs based on those subjective point of view? I don't think your "suggestions" will lead to a "better" game, in fact it will probably be impossible to implement.

On another hand, the tank/support dps issue is one of the easiest thing to fix, they just have to reduce the range of possibility that the gear stat sets offer.

• Limit tank sets to vitality, toughness, concentration and expertise combinations.
  • Limit support sets to Healing power, concentration and expertise combinations.
  • Limit dps sets to power, condition damage, precision, expertise and ferocity combinations.

If players want hybrid stats they can just mix their gear but the final result will most likely be more punishing than what we have right now.

Voila!!

This

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Idk how to solve the issue with high end pve, but for story and stuff it would be cool if there was an option like in lotro where you can increase the difficulty of the world including story by talking to an NPC to get a debuff. In that game it seemed to breath a lot of fresh air into old content and offer more options for solo or groups of players that wanted a challenge. It's called landscape difficulty if you want to read about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Twilightmage.8309 said:

Idk how to solve the issue with high end pve, but for story and stuff it would be cool if there was an option like in lotro where you can increase the difficulty of the world including story by talking to an NPC to get a debuff. In that game it seemed to breath a lot of fresh air into old content and offer more options for solo or groups of players that wanted a challenge. It's called landscape difficulty if you want to read about it.

This is a cool idea. I would support a scale of debuffs to increase the difficulty in game content in exchange for better drops, xp, and maybe other rewards. 

• Like 1

[TL] 시네마틱 트레일러 Ⅱ : 위대한 도전  – FULL Ver.

NcSoft is not playing around with The Gaming Industry anymore, they are very serious about it, with their soon to be released game -Throne and Liberty. Not only that they have made dramatic progressive fixes and changes to Throne and Liberty with making the combat close to Guild Wars 2. Most importantly, they've takes notes of Guild Wars 2; WvW, PvP, GvG and PvE and soon to be released. 

NcSoft has been in the Gaming Market longer, before Anet Guild Wars (1) and are exremely knowledgeable of the players experience and Toxicity including having zero tolerance to unresolved exploits, cheats and hacks..

Where Anet fails backward to Failure for 10years+ NcSoft fails forward to Success in 1 year

2024 will be the year of Anet stance  against 17 uncoming MMO's that are backed by Game Companies who are serious of competing with Gaming Industry. They are willing to show the Gaming Industry the importance of the Player Experience with giving the players Healthy, Skill-learning and Fun Competition focused with also encorperating Unreal Engine 5.

This is not a threat to Anet, this is serious matter to Anet that should not be ignored or avoided 

Anet, if you continue down with the directionof game by continuing allow, Toxic Game Design Professions like; Thief Profession, Willbender, Deadeye, Revenant with including Toxic Game Design like;  Stealth Mechanic, Control Effects such as-pulling, stun, immobolize, knock-back, blind, daze, one shot, power creep, endless broken builds, endless unresolved problems for years and years, perma-stealth and lack of Profession Identity and Roles to Lead and take Control of the players experiences, importantly forcing the players to play a Toxic Gaming Culture..........this will be Guild Wars 2 Memoir.

Based on the Companies History of puting the players experience first with having Zero Tolerance Of Toxicty; they are ready to take out Guild Wars 2 at ease

Anet, it is all up to you, to decide how do you want Guild Wars 2 to be remembered

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

NcSoft is not playing around with The Gaming Industry anymore, they are very serious about it, with their soon to be released game -Throne and Liberty. Not only that they have made dramatic progressive fixes and changes to Throne and Liberty with making the combat close to Guild Wars 2. Most importantly, they've takes notes of Guild Wars 2; WvW, PvP, GvG and PvE and soon to be released. 

NcSoft has been in the Gaming Market longer, before Anet Guild Wars (1) and are exremely knowledgeable of the players experience and Toxicity including having zero tolerance to unresolved exploits, cheats and hacks..

Where Anet fails backward to Failure for 10years+ NcSoft fails forward to Success in 1 year

2024 will be the year of Anet stance  against 17 uncoming MMO's that are backed by Game Companies who are serious of competing with Gaming Industry. They are willing to show the Gaming Industry the importance of the Player Experience with giving the players Healthy, Skill-learning and Fun Competition focused with also encorperating Unreal Engine 5.

This is not a threat to Anet, this is serious matter to Anet that should not be ignored or avoided 

Anet, if you continue down with the directionof game by continuing allow, Toxic Game Design Professions like; Thief Profession, Willbender, Deadeye, Revenant with including Toxic Game Design like;  Stealth Mechanic, Control Effects such as-pulling, stun, immobolize, knock-back, blind, daze, one shot, power creep, endless broken builds, endless unresolved problems for years and years, perma-stealth and lack of Profession Identity and Roles to Lead and take Control of the players experiences, importantly forcing the players to play a Toxic Gaming Culture..........this will be Guild Wars 2 Memoir.

Based on the Companies History of puting the players experience first with having Zero Tolerance Of Toxicty; they are ready to take out Guild Wars 2 at ease

Anet, it is all up to you, to decide how do you want Guild Wars 2 to be remembered

Don't get too excited, champ.  I think it was only a year ago this game was set to feature auto-play and other mobile cash grab nonsense.  I'm always looking out for another great MMO, but the fact is very few of them really are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Don't get too excited, champ.  I think it was only a year ago this game was set to feature auto-play and other mobile cash grab nonsense.  I'm always looking out for another great MMO, but the fact is very few of them really are.

The threat is real! Remember when New World crushed GW2? 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

The threat is real! Remember when New World crushed GW2? 😆

First, what make the threat real is, Ncoft is Anet Publisher and knows every scoop of Anet past, present and future plans, Lastly, they've been carefully paying attention, reading the forums, our posts, our concerns, our anguish, our dissapointments, having our Trust and Faith being taken advantage of, how Anet doesn't care about us, how they laugh at our faces and to our feelings and how Anet has treated us wrongfully throughout the years.

“If we don’t take care of our customers, someone else will.”

This is NcSoft sign that they have been listening to us by giving us what we deserved all along

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

6 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

First, what make the threat real is, Ncoft is Anet Publisher and knows every scoop of Anet past, present and future plans, Lastly, they've been carefully paying attention, reading the forums, our posts, our concerns, our anguish, our dissapointments, having our Trust and Faith being taken advantage of, how Anet doesn't care about us, how they laugh at our faces and to our feelings and how Anet has treated us wrongfully throughout the years.

This is NcSoft sign that they have been listening to us by giving us what we deserved all along

Seems awfully dramatic.  I am not particularly happy with the current situation either, but I don't see ANet "laughing in our faces" or "treating us wrongfully throughout the years."  The fact is NCSoft is the one holding the purse strings.  If the game doesn't have the resources it needs to do the things I would like to see done, it's not because ANet is ignoring me.  It's because they don't have the resources.  That's a business decision, which is what NCSoft really cares about.  And if you look at the quarterly earnings report for their portfolio of PC games, GW2 isn't doing too badly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Yeah, since NCSoft owns Anet, they certainly wouldn't want GW2 to continue their success for more than a decade. I just hate it when businesses I own make it to a dozen years.  🙃

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Seems awfully dramatic.  I am not particularly happy with the current situation either, but I don't see ANet "laughing in our faces" or "treating us wrongfully throughout the years."  The fact is NCSoft is the one holding the purse strings.  If the game doesn't have the resources it needs to do the things I would like to see done, it's not because ANet is ignoring me.  It's because they don't have the resources.  That's a business decision, which is what NCSoft really cares about.  And if you look at the quarterly earnings report for their portfolio of PC games, GW2 isn't doing too badly.

Anet lack of Transparent Communication with The Community should also blamed by NcSoft? That NcSoft has so much control 'holding Anet purse' that they control what Anet should say or do with the game and to the playerbase?  It sound like a Toxic relationship 

You are telling me that, we The Community should feel bad for Anet of taking advantage of The Community Trust and Faith in them including their mistreatment of the direction of the game toward the player experiences and ignoring our concerns for a Healthy Competitive Experience and ignoring our feelings, just because NcSoft did it to them first?

So Anet should not be held Accountable for anything? 

Am I getting this right?

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Confused 6

Anet lack of Transparent Communication with The Community should also blamed by NcSoft? That NcSoft has so much control 'holding Anet purse' that they control what Anet should say or do with the game and to the playerbase?  It sound like a Toxic relationship 

You are telling me that, we The Community should feel bad for Anet of taking advantage of The Community Trust and Faith in them including their mistreatment of the direction of the game toward the player experiences and ignoring our concerns for a Healthy Competitive Experience and ignoring our feelings, just because NcSoft did it to them first?

So Anet should not be held Accountable for anything? 

Am I getting this right?

Andy do things the community have asked for all the time. They aren't ignoring the community, they are ignoring you. It's easy to see why. " Fire everyone", " redesign the entire game", "why are you doing something I don't like?! Can't believe you hate all your players..."

Your posts are overwhelmingly sensational, offer no actual constructive feedback, are incredibly trollish, and do nothing to really further discussions besides pad the post count. 

• Like 4

You are wrong. I have posted years and years with continuation of constructive posts including responding to other playrs feedbacks concerning the state of the game and to Anet missdirection of the game. 

Restructing is not new with Anet.  I am a strong firm believer and supporter of it espoecially when the direction of the game is not healthy including the intentional Toxic Game Design that has cultivated and shaped a Toxic Gaming Culture and Experience for the players and the Community. Which, has resulted with, removing the need of Learning Curve, Healthy Competition and Fair Counterplay in the place of Toxic Skills and Mechanics.

Ncosft 3rd quater revealed that Guild Wars 2 had a slight financial increase. Having a slight finincial gain increase is not desrirable or acceptable as a good thing especially in the long run.

Would you or anyone settle for doing an ok performance or a Great performance?

Why would Anet settle for an ok performance, knowing well that, what didn't work in the past, no longer serve ther retention of the player base, the overall  game attraction including the player experiences.

Anet Inneficient to address years and years of unresolved problems including Toxic Game Deisgns and Toxic Profession Designs such as; Willbender, Thief Profession, Control Area Effect-Pull, stun, blind, Immobolize, condition, one shot, Exploits-Hacks-Cheating by Design Of Stealth Mechanic-Portal Entre, Shadow Portal and Teleport with years and years of burried, unresolved problems...shows that they do not care avout us, nor having any attention to turn the game around to a healthy competitive experience.

Anet has 10 years of History with 1,000+ hard evidence of posts and threads, made by Caring and Concerning players, of the poor state of the game...

They simply do not care of having the Caring and Concern players in mind, in their Game Design.

What is so 'Healthy' of having the players enjoyment cut short with one skill? What is the 'Enjoyment' of being Instnatly killed with a Toxic Game Deisgn that promotes Unfair Compeition?

Healthy Game Design does not Tolerate the absense of Consequencial choices and its Anti-Counterplay Mesasures!

I do not hate the players, why would you assumed that I do?

I always stand by the player experience and advocated against Toxicity espeically to new potential players, who are left vulnerable to The Toxicity of The Community-due to Anet neglect of resolving and deisculating Toxic Game Culture that they have tollerated and accepted as a norm with the players, The Community and in the forums.

Nor do I 'hate' Anet, I hate the Direction that they are taking the game with the intention of putting profit first, before the players experience.

I speak Truth without Sugar-Coating The Truth. Nor do I seek to Impress Elitism with half-Truth and Lies 

Throughout the years, I have attracted a lot of 'haters' of the Truth and I am very Proud of it

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth"

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Sansar.1302 said:

In pve i used mainly rare( many alts ) , in wvw accended

But game should not be this easy  even if you use best gear i think

Depends. Easy is relative. GW2 Hardmode is all whites. Also no respawn. If you die, delete the character.

Edit: Downstate is okay.

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sansar.1302 said:

Why do you disslike the oppinion that the game is to easy so much that you are this passive aggresive ?

Not aggressive. Someone told me about it. It's a real thing. Challenge mode is getting a character solo to 80 without any deaths.

For me personally, some stuff is easy for casuals. Some is not, so I have my pick. Competitive modes are only as hard or easy as the skill of other players and how many you engage at once. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Not aggressive. Someone told me about it. It's a real thing. Challenge mode is getting a character solo to 80 without any deaths.

For me personally, some stuff is easy for casuals. Some is not, so I have my pick. Competitive modes are only as hard or easy as the skill of other players and how many you engage at once. 

I agree that there is stuff you can do to get a harder challenge but what i talk about is that the game genrally is way to easy.

11 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No that dont work for me , the game needs to be harder in open world as  now it is 100% joke

Sorry to hear that. Self imposed gear handicaps are pretty much the standard for when a game becomes too easy for a player, especially if it doesn't have difficulty sliders like most MMO games. But even for harder games. There are people who run around naked in Dark Souls games just for the challenge. I've seen people on Discord that offer gold and other rewards for completing events while undergeared in GW2. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

No that dont work for me , the game needs to be harder in open world as  now it is 100% joke

Chances Anet go back and increase difficulty in OW content = 0%. It's a non-value add proposition. The game can't cater to any particular individual's ideas of what is hard or easy. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Potential Guild Wars 2 players were turned away from buying the game after seeing this video of 1 a class, one shotting multiple players. Obviously, I was playing a true Competititve Healthy Game with other former Guild Wars 2 players, when non-Guild Wars 2 players, shared this video with us and asked us questions, concerning the 'Competittiveness of the game, including WvW; a game mode that 'seem' attractive to them.

Well, we broke their heart and hope after confirming to them that, the video is real and that being one shot-being instantly killed is how Anet want WvW game mode to be. 

They were sad and asked us if that was the reason why we quit the game and asked us how long this has been happening. Of course I told them that, that was one of the main reasons why I sort of left the game and didn't tell them that, the other reason why I left the game was because of the exploits, hacks and cheats allowed and promoted by Anet.

I wasn't going to Shame Anet or Guild Wars 2 but if I am being asked of the truth, I will tell it as it is without Sugar-coating.

Anet can spend 1 million dollars to market the game to cover up the lies and deceptions that the Guild Wars 2 is a 'Compettive' game but the Truth cost nothing.

Why not chose Truth by fixing the game, fire and replace the entire Balance Team and Design Team including other Depertments and Leaders, who are responsible for allowing and promoting the game to be a Toxic Gaming Experience?

Why continue to waste money to hire Marketers to hide the Truth, when the Truth has enough of evidence to prove you guilty? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5