What do you guys think of the Relic system so far?

Sovarica.4368

Relic's was one of the best (and only) things that has been different in PvP since Stronghold (SH is a fail and they should have listened to the community more closely..... a lot of resources wasted).

But like everything else that's new, it just needs to be balanced appropriately. There's literally only 1 or 2 power relics and 1 or 2 condi relics. Support relics is meh... Trooper is the go-to if you're shout but no other relic gives that amount of value i feel.

All other relics are really bad with no uniqueness to them. The Cerus relic (am i fighting a boss rn?) and that eye missile rellic (forgot name) looks so dang cool!!! They aren't meta or useful but still looks cool lol!

It's a HUGE +1

• Like 2

Interesting concept that (so far) has fallen flat. The available relics don't allow the build variety that the old 6 slot bonus did, which defeats the entire concept of adding relics to increase build variety. 

We'll see. If they're going to add new relics every 2 months, it should eventually get there. 

Edited by Caffynated.5713
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

i think they have potential but are currently not that interesting and some builds get a whole lot more use out of them than others who may not have great alternatives

if you're not a condi spec that can easily activate akeem but want a dps relic, you've got the on-elite skills ones which... kinda suck, or fractal, which depending on spec/match up/whatever can be significantly more difficult to activate than others

or something like fireworks vs thief, fireworks is largely just better for classes that can use it, and thief might as well be replaced in most situations by isgarren for those who can't, or some other relic entirely

i hope that's something that the additional relics being added over time can address

On 11/5/2023 at 7:28 AM, Caffynated.5713 said:

Interesting concept that (so far) has fallen flat. The available relics don't allow the build variety that the old 6 slot bonus did

Build variety of the 6th bonus: there were 50 runes and everyone was running Divinity\Orr. 

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I don't recall the name, but the relic that converts boons to conditions. That one is so fking toxic in the hands of scourge (and some other specs), who already so easily deny point access by spaming the floor/area with aoe. There are simply too many AOE weapon/utility abilitys withought the need for more, through AOE relics. Akeem included.

Edited by Flowki.7194

The condi procs need to be removed from spvp; there's a reason that basically every on-proc/swap sigil like that besides Doom was removed years ago. The gigantor point denying aoes on elite seem pretty degenerate as well; like oh great more mindless aoe and visual noise spam on point, that's what we were really missing here. Some of the more passive relics that interact with the different utility types are interesting though, but it seems like a lot of defensive options got swapped out for generic +10% strike damage bonuses which is a bummer (rip Weaver runes :c )

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So, about the new relics:

Why is Midnight King a singular stack of might? A relic that's geared towards bursting someone during a CC is a fine concept but it should be an actual significant damage increase if that's the case.

I don't think Demon Queen being -83% healing effectiveness is a very good idea. It being straight additive is kinda nuts and it applies on all disables for everyone.

Nourys seems bugged so I won't comment on that part but conceptually I think a relic that helps you smack someone hard after cleaning off their boons is okay. Boon removal's been getting nerfed pretty steadily across the game so giving it some power back in the form of a relic is an okay choice I guess.

Those are the 3 big ones I noticed, ones like Karakosa idk, you'd need to chain a lot of blasts to be better than other more generic relics I'd imagine.

55 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

So, about the new relics:

Why is Midnight King a singular stack of might? A relic that's geared towards bursting someone during a CC is a fine concept but it should be an actual significant damage increase if that's the case.

I don't think Demon Queen being -83% healing effectiveness is a very good idea. It being straight additive is kinda nuts and it applies on all disables for everyone.

Nourys seems bugged so I won't comment on that part but conceptually I think a relic that helps you smack someone hard after cleaning off their boons is okay. Boon removal's been getting nerfed pretty steadily across the game so giving it some power back in the form of a relic is an okay choice I guess.

Those are the 3 big ones I noticed, ones like Karakosa idk, you'd need to chain a lot of blasts to be better than other more generic relics I'd imagine.

What I would have done with Demon Queen relic 😅. When you cc your target you apply 5 condi stacks and active poison effects on enemies gives 5 seconds 17% more poison reduction (additive stacking, not multiplicative) on 20 second cd

so you have 50% reduced total healing reduction on enemies, but now some skill behind timing it in right situations

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

so you have 50% reduced total healing reduction on enemies, but now some skill behind timing it in right situations

Yeah, I thought it would either set the healing reduction to 50%, or be a 50% improvement on 33% (which is 49.5% so basically the same lol), which sounds powerful but potentially okay considering the relic doesn't really boost dps or survivability very much.

-83% and for 3s is pretty strong for non-poison builds, but for builds with high poison uptime or the ability to tag someone with a poison stack 0.1s before their heal goes off, that kinda stuff is a pretty extreme swing. Poison's already powerful in those kinds of situations at 33%.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Sovarica.4368 said:

Just wondering about peoples takes is the old system of no relic better? or has it made PvP more unstable?

Works good in PvP.  I went to PvP land to test my WvW build and killed about 10 players consistently with no issues. Felt boring, went back to WvW. 😁