Support Staff Confirmed

Lan Deathrider.5910

"We will at least get a preview of the new weapons in a beta week set for later this month, starting November 28. With the beta incoming, I asked ArenaNet's balance lead Cal Cohen what we could expect from the new weapon. "Each profession has its own needs," he says, "so we've been looking at how to enhance the roles available to them all in different ways. For example, staff on warrior and rifle on mesmer are intended for support builds." Starting from tomorrow, daily blog posts at the Guild Wars 2 official site will run through each profession's new skills."

The second part of Guild Wars 2's new expansion is out now, and it's taking players to the demon realm | PC Gamer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

Wait a second ...... rifle = Support for mes? What a weird choice for a Support weapon xd. Also i like staff will be Support tho i was Open for both Support or DPS 🙂

Ive seen ranged hammer, i don't think anything is off the table when it comes to it

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Think Deadeye but instead of shooting enemies, you shoot allies to heal/buff them. 

Deadeye but your shots are all dazes 

Deadeye but your shots slow enemies and speed up allies (bullet time)

57 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It was obvious that it would be support but good that we have confirmation. 

Now we wait for all the crybabies who  wanted another dps weapon to flood this part of the forum. 

As long as it has one good block and one good mobility skill, and the burst is useful.

23 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

But will it actually be good? We'll see...could be another Banner rework situation.

Different dev involved. Having not seen Relic of Karakosa in game yet, I can see it being heavy on blast finishers, maybe an evade/block, maybe a ranged cripple. I can see weakness and slow play a part in it. I can also see the possibility of barrier, protection, and resolution on it. It can work, melee or ranged, but they have to want it to work. We'll see if it ends up being good, or limited like Tactics on the whole is. 

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Different dev involved. Having not seen Relic of Karakosa in game yet, I can see it being heavy on blast finishers, maybe an evade/block, maybe a ranged cripple. I can see weakness and slow play a part in it. I can also see the possibility of barrier, protection, and resolution on it. It can work, melee or ranged, but they have to want it to work. We'll see if it ends up being good, or limited like Tactics on the whole is. 

Go to the WvW vendor, you can look at the new relics. And the have useful tool tips. 

Will be curious to see how this staff will play out and if they will add in traits to support the weapon.

Since warrior lacks the ability to provide defensive boons to allies, I will be thinking that this staff will be providing boons such as protection, regen, resistance and Resolution. I doubt they will be adding any Aegis onto the staff as this will be taking away from Guardian.

It will be nice to finally have a weapon to be able to actually play a roll of support like the other classes have for quite some time.

I'm one of the warrior mains that doesn't want a support espec or weapon.

That said, I at least hope they don't pigeonhole us into a kit like gunsaber. Having an espec always forced to use a weapon like gunsaber feels too limiting, so I hope it doesn't happen again.

Rehashed animations? Fine. Forced weapon use and therefore limiting options? Not cool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I'm one of the warrior mains that doesn't want a support espec or weapon.

That said, I at least hope they don't pigeonhole us into a kit like gunsaber. Having an espec always forced to use a weapon like gunsaber feels too limiting, so I hope it doesn't happen again.

Rehashed animations? Fine. Forced weapon use and therefore limiting options? Not cool.

Give the weapon good power coef. 

Add a cc or 2.

Make the berserker burst dmg focused. 

Should be fine as a power weapon then. 

11 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Will be curious to see how this staff will play out and if they will add in traits to support the weapon.

Since warrior lacks the ability to provide defensive boons to allies, I will be thinking that this staff will be providing boons such as protection, regen, resistance and Resolution. I doubt they will be adding any Aegis onto the staff as this will be taking away from Guardian.

It will be nice to finally have a weapon to be able to actually play a roll of support like the other classes have for quite some time.

They've been adding aegis to a bunch of professions. The "favoured child" meme proved to be correct under the banner rework guy, but it hasn't been under CMC. Guardian will probably always be the best at aegis, but I don't think they'd be afraid to put one instance of group aegis on a support warrior.