Support Staff Confirmed

Lan Deathrider.5910

I'm cautiously optimistic for the staff.  Trying not to get my hopes high, nor speculate on the specifics of the skill bcs it won't be what I want if I do.

Still, it'll be interesting to see if I can tank harder champs with it than I currently can w/ my sw/sw might-heal cele build and d/d might-heal cmndr build.

Also... all those spear skins that exist for the staff 🤤

~EpWa

Edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm running that but defense banner atm.

Core warr with Tactics, discipline, defense and banner of defense with shouts (shield Mastery should work for bullet catcher) might end up as a rather useful build to micro heal and mainly reflect. Especially in wvw. Cause you focus on heals from shouts and staff/wh and you slot the banner with the barrier an regen. Low key might be worth trying. But I doubt it can outmatched the proper secondaries ofc.

Edit: either with karakosa for field blasting from the banner or water fields, or with Trooper for cleanses. I don't think anything heal oriented for the relic will benefit the warr much (dwayna/water etc).

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

2 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Core warr with Tactics, discipline, defense and banner of defense with shouts (shield Mastery should work for bullet catcher) might end up as a rather useful build to micro heal and mainly reflect. Especially in wvw. Cause you focus on heals from shouts and staff/wh and you slot the banner with the barrier an regen. Low key might be worth trying. But I doubt it can outmatched the proper secondaries ofc.

Edit: either with karakosa for field blasting from the banner or water fields, or with Trooper for cleanses. I don't think anything heal oriented for the relic will benefit the warr much (dwayna/water etc).

How much regen values per ticks can u reach? does break the 1k per tick regen? (Anet nerfed it on herald  to 989 regen tick from ~1090 @2200 healing power)

The only relics i have been thinking that could help  would be monk and trooper.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Probably close to 800 after modifiers.

that's a good value i do close to 1k with all the modifiers as well tho (not using minstrell stats but using "weaker stats" with more healing power).

800 regen with 3k'ish heals from shouts plus some heals from warrior staff with condi cleanse based relic m8 give an interesting result, also it seams  that traitline tactics 2-2-2 can become default to help with the staff and shouts weapons heals.

Was pondering to test somethign arorund this (proly not with minstrells ) support but keep also with the debuffer try harder, that Anet despise.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgEgEWWBDjdx6YnYSdZ/uA-DWJYjRD/JYz3CAA-w 

Edited by Aeolus.3615

7 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

What u guys are expecting to try shout+ banners (banner of tactics)with staff or there is something better?

I prefer the might-heal of Str+Tac right now, so I'll probably start with that paired with either Def or Disc.  The only banner I tend to equip is the elite because it's an incredible revive, and pairs great with relic of the zepheryte.

~EpWa

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 8:09 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

another useless weapon for bladesworn haha

really a failed elite spec

I'm not so sure about the "useless" aspect there. It may not be damage, but it will be utility and it will make Defense Bladesworn even more unkillable for sure. We already know its getting a mobility skill that heals and gives boons, and another skill that is a channeled block with a flip skill that heals for how many attacks are blocked. Pair that all with the current kit that Defense Bladesworn runs with Adrenal Health, Combat Stimulant, Might Makes Right, Aegis from Triggerguard plus Relic of the Defender.

So like I said, not so sure that it will be useless...

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:35 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

Friendly reminder to always take what the devs say with a pinch of salt. A skill that share might can be seen as a support skill after all.

this is true. Also  I dont like how Anet handled Revenant Staff whi8ch was supposed to be a support melee staff as well, but started out the gate bad ad supoport and more of a side weapon for DPS builds for strong CC and burst damage and poor healing.          

Telling yall now. That Block to Heal mechanic is a bad concept. Because you will never get the full block out of it to get the full heal, since you have to use it during the channel

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:
On 11/10/2023 at 7:09 PM, Lighter.5631 said:

another useless weapon for bladesworn haha

really a failed elite spec

Mainhand pistol could have saved it... Real kitten shame.

Sometimes I still think about what could have been with that mainhand pistol. They could've made it like a shotgun, short range aoe, which would go well with the short range of offhand pistol.

Oh well. /sigh

What they should have done is make an elite spec that more mobility and support oriented with staff fro EoD, in order to have a weapon which synergizes with all specs and a particular spec which further augments teh healer/sustain role, while keeping dual pistols as our special weapons for SotO.

Imagine the universe where this happened and warrior mains were eating well for years...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What they should have done is make an elite spec that more mobility and support oriented with staff fro EoD, in order to have a weapon which synergizes with all specs and a particular spec which further augments teh healer/sustain role, while keeping dual pistols as our special weapons for SotO.

Imagine the universe where this happened and warrior mains were eating well for years...

Instead we got Weebsworn with it's rock-paper-scissors-kamehameha-bankai-kaoken x100-hadoken-domain expansion-rasenshuriken-starburst stream-slash...

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

@Lighter.5631 i might be alone with this Statement but to me Bladesworn is nothing more than a meme spec. Its like take its good Part away and gain it a hard hit Skill that gain things of warriors worst Part (been telegraphed af). I for real can't take this spec srs. Like the only reason why i Play it is cause its fun in PvE against npcs enemys that are bots and eating every 125dmg dragonslash im doing xD

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Like the only reason why i Play it is cause its fun in PvE against npcs enemys that are bots and eating every 125dmg dragonslash im doing

Just wait for the future, in which PvE enemies will be able to not only move backwards as they do know, but they'll also be able side-step and jump over attacks.