Rare Kryptis Essence

Malus.2184

Please implement something we can buy with them as they just pile up. Other than being needed to make an Amalagated Essence they have no purpose at all and as such they just accumulate. I have hoped you needed them to make Convergence motivations, I hope that's in store for later because right now, it's a semi-useless currency.

If there are no plans for us to get a recipe to make Convergence motivations in the future at least let us have the option to trade them in for t2 and t1 essence by us breaking them down or something so the ability to trade them only goes one way.

• Like 7

I'm guessing you aren't planning to make the new legendary armor.  Each piece will need a purified essence, ergo 12 amalgamateds, and it turns out that you also need a purified essence for each piece of Oneiros-Spun armor, so that's six more purified on top of the six used to buy the Astral Ward armors (and you have to buy six Astral Ward and six Oneiros-Spun for collections required for the legendary pieces).  The fourth undisclosed item for that collection may have similar costs though given Rift Hunter armor came from doing story there's *some* hope it will be easier.  For now, we definitely need at least 1800 rare essence per armor piece for the first six pieces made.

My rare essence is far from piling up, though it's true my bottlenecks are masterwork essence (t2 rifts aren't as commonly done) and soon ectoplasm (my large stockpile of globs is rapidly depleting at 50 used per amalgamated essence).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I'm guessing you aren't planning to make the new legendary armor.  Each piece will need a purified essence, ergo 12 amalgamateds, and it turns out that you also need a purified essence for each piece of Oneiros-Spun armor, so that's six more purified on top of the six used to buy the Astral Ward armors (and you have to buy six Astral Ward and six Oneiros-Spun for collections required for the legendary pieces).  The fourth undisclosed item for that collection may have similar costs though given Rift Hunter armor came from doing story there's *some* hope it will be easier.  For now, we definitely need at least 1800 rare essence per armor piece for the first six pieces made.

My rare essence is far from piling up, though it's true my bottlenecks are masterwork essence (t2 rifts aren't as commonly done) and soon ectoplasm (my large stockpile of globs is rapidly depleting at 50 used per amalgamated essence).

Your numbers are wrong, you need 600 rare essence per legendary armour piece and 50 rare for each piece of Astral Ward and Oneiros armour so it's 700 per piece for the first set. Thankfully.

The mistake seems to be that a Purified Essence takes a single Amalgamated Essence and a single Mystic Clover to make, not 12 Amalgamated Essences.

The globs though... the pain is real... I regret dropping so many on the special forces armour in EoD now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Your numbers are wrong, you need 600 rare essence per legendary armour piece and 50 rare for each piece of Astral Ward and Oneiros armour so it's 700 per piece for the first set. Thankfully.

The mistake seems to be that a Purified Essence takes a single Amalgamated Essence and a single Mystic Clover to make, not 12 Amalgamated Essences.

The globs though... the pain is real... I regret dropping so many on the special forces armour in EoD now.

Thanks, I knew I was probably messing it up somewhere.  So far what with the new skyscale stuff and skin, the Astral Ward Armor, and the Oneiros -Spun Armor, all my essence has been readily disappearing in piece-meal amounts that has made it harder to track what I'm spending -- but I'm definitely not getting clogged up with the stuff.

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Anet always implements materials that have finite usefulness and will eventually be discarded. Blade Shards, Congealed Putrescences, Eyes of Kormir, Unidentified Fossilized Insects (though good luck even getting close to a stack), and Prismaticite Crystals to name a few that have no vendor value.

There is a fractal vendor you can trade the blade shards in at, although that might require doing at least one CM fractal. You can also convert Eyes of Kormir with the Spearmarshal's Plea. Don't know of any uses for excess Putrescences, Prismaticite, or the Grothmar Wardowns devourer peppers, though. (I think there are recipes that can theoretically get a profit, but the margin is low enough that I don't find it worth the effort.)

• Like 1

The problem is that it gathers up and you have no way to convert  it. You can either delete (or stop doing the weeklies) or you have to spend your ectos (=gold) to convert the stuff into amalgamated essences. Since I do not want to spend a lot of gold/ectos now ... I might just decide to stop until I am actually ready to go for the legendary armor. (That also needs money for the other components.)

The "pre-farming" of such stuff here is more annoying. If the essences would combine to the amalgamated one without ectos (+ the ectos added at another step) it would feel more convenient. Or if there were converters to use essences to buy other things. 2nd intermediate step would probably be an easy fix here. (Add a 2nd recipe - essences + ectos for amalgamated. And a new item without ectos that you can combine the essences into with another recipe that combines the new item with 50 ectos into an amalgamated essence. They already did the thing with that other version that is separate ... which also adds a clover or so to the amalgamated essence.)

My guess though: They want to keep the pressure here - either convert it now and use your ectos (or buy some with gold) - or keep them in the bags. (= Selling more bag slots and storage expanders and bank expansion slots. :D)

23 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The "pre-farming" of such stuff here is more annoying. If the essences would combine to the amalgamated one without ectos (+ the ectos added at another step) it would feel more convenient. Or if there were converters to use essences to buy other things. 2nd intermediate step would probably be an easy fix here. (Add a 2nd recipe - essences + ectos for amalgamated. And a new item without ectos that you can combine the essences into with another recipe that combines the new item with 50 ectos into an amalgamated essence. They already did the thing with that other version that is separate ... which also adds a clover or so to the amalgamated essence.)

Or just less Ectos needed for everything both in making the motivations and the amalgamated essence since the price of Ectos is above 26 s which is a sign that the supply is smaller than the demand.

On 11/12/2023 at 5:16 AM, draxynnic.3719 said:

There is a fractal vendor you can trade the blade shards in at, although that might require doing at least one CM fractal. You can also convert Eyes of Kormir with the Spearmarshal's Plea. Don't know of any uses for excess Putrescences, Prismaticite, or the Grothmar Wardowns devourer peppers, though. (I think there are recipes that can theoretically get a profit, but the margin is low enough that I don't find it worth the effort.)

The peppers have more usefulness than the eyes since the Plea can only be used 3 times a day, while the peppers have infinite purchases for decorations.

21 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

The peppers have more usefulness than the eyes since the Plea can only be used 3 times a day, while the peppers have infinite purchases for decorations.

I guess, if your guild really wants all those decorations? You'd need to be farming Elona maps pretty hard to be exhausting the Plea every day, though. 😲

Actually ...
I don't know why I had been that stupid all the time: Now planning to store the chests from the weeklies. (Not opening them. With 6 maps and 6 - last one gives 2 - per map it will be 36 chests a week. Will take a few weeks until a stack is full.)

Not sure why I always opened them. Some kind of reflex/automatism I learned from other stuff where I open/consume the container immediately. When I opened one container from the convergences that gave like 100 of the T3 essence it came to my mind ... to better store them. Will still gather up a few normally but probably much less (especially since I mainly to T1 for the weeklies on maps and 3 weekly convergences - not using motivations) and the most stuff from the chests when you open them.

The nuggets already stay unused/unopened. (They should make something big where you need to combine a few of them - to craft some skins or something.)

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 8:16 AM, Pifil.5193 said:

Honestly this entire set is painful in the traditional anet fashion.... Reminds me of the BS that you go through in the gen 1 legendaries where a good chunk of the cost is just sunk into making a bunch of junk that doesn't directly go into the legendary. Only worse.

You need a total of 12 kittening gifts. Possibly 18 gifts. Which are sunk into the preliminary armor (no gurantee if it's precursor). And the fun part is... if you didn't have to pay that tax, you'd be done with that part already! 

Edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1