Anyone found eerie when seeing gw2 reddit posts?

Funny, most of the time I visit reddits, it's people complaining about virtually every breath any AN employee takes, while also on side complaining how AN fanboys downvote everything, except those are very heavilly upvoted posts.

I have no idea how to make sense of what is mine experience with reddit and what OP proclaims is theirs 😉.

• Like 3

On 11/23/2023 at 8:42 AM, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Normally when I visit other game Reddit forums, most of the posts are composed of gameplay recordings, ~20% complaining about the game, and very few random posts or questions. But in gw2 subreddit, there's an overwhelming number of posts from new or returning players, sales updates, and comparisons to other games, especially to WoW. The blatant praise for gw2 in these posts feels very off. It's like they are describing a perfect utopian society where everyone's happy, there's tons of content, and everything's perfectly balanced. But whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy and the replies are usually just telling them to quit or take a break. I think this pattern kindda got more severe after EoD update. 

Here you go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not just readdit my good sir.  It's also on twitter/X. GW2 is just amazing. It can do no wrong. 

For example i'm no fan of this, lazy, every class can start using every weapon thing, but there will be posts and posts on how great it all sounds.

It says a lot that the only reason i found out about the new expansion was because a rather short, didn't really say much, you tube. When you think how much time EoD got, and what a mess that turned out to be because i'm a little sick of how PC they are making things now. Nah i'm completely sick of it.

The game is not perfect by any shot. I think the new expac looks pretty but that's just all it is.  I play a game to enjoy myself not get the woes of RL thrown at me.

. After years of playing it's same boring events, sick of the linear progression that everyone just lovesss so much. Sick of having it all nerfed.  The story is boirng.

and before you ask, yes i have hung up my eternity .

happy gaming. 

and hi to the sad kitten sitting on the threat to confuse posts.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

at least on reddit i can understand everything that players are saying. when i come here i see some of the weirdest posts from players who are clearly way too attached to the game but also hate it at the same time, which creates a very unhealthy dynamic, and they seem to take that out on other players and arenanet.

the game's not perfect by any means, but i think at the same time alot of people just need chill out, like way out into space.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 9:42 AM, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Normally when I visit other game Reddit forums, most of the posts are composed of gameplay recordings, ~20% complaining about the game, and very few random posts or questions. But in gw2 subreddit, there's an overwhelming number of posts from new or returning players, sales updates, and comparisons to other games, especially to WoW. The blatant praise for gw2 in these posts feels very off. It's like they are describing a perfect utopian society where everyone's happy, there's tons of content, and everything's perfectly balanced. But whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy and the replies are usually just telling them to quit or take a break. I think this pattern kindda got more severe after EoD update. 

What reddit sub are you reading, because thats not even close to accurate for the one I've seen. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I will just say if you want to see people criticize GW2 a lot there is another sub-reddit for it called MMORPG. But that group is mostly a bunch of old timers who criticize any QOL feature past the year 2004 to live in their glory days still. Some of them are good apples though, but most are cranky old ones who just complain about everything. So OP if that is what you want to see, there is a place for it on reddit. 🙂

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

On 11/23/2023 at 11:06 AM, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Can those "cringe" people have an auto-tool to play with other "cringe" people ?

Hmmm....of course it will not work because to "Cringe People" they are not the Cringe People" it is others who are the "Cringe People"

But, hmm, a way for people like me, who like to play, nay, love to play, but are clutzes and feel bad about it, to find each other, that would be an idea.

If I heard of such a group being organized in map chat, I think, I think I would join something like that.

• Confused 1