Anyone found eerie when seeing gw2 reddit posts?

Normally when I visit other game Reddit forums, most of the posts are composed of gameplay recordings, ~20% complaining about the game, and very few random posts or questions. But in gw2 subreddit, there's an overwhelming number of posts from new or returning players, sales updates, and comparisons to other games, especially to WoW. The blatant praise for gw2 in these posts feels very off. It's like they are describing a perfect utopian society where everyone's happy, there's tons of content, and everything's perfectly balanced. But whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy and the replies are usually just telling them to quit or take a break. I think this pattern kindda got more severe after EoD update. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Its like the forums , when people ask  about easy raid mode >OW legendary> more fun acquisition of the Skyscale 

Or dont whine about kicked from LI groups > create your own > but you dont need a auto-lfg  > just be open about your experience  and you will feel welcomed > but dont whine about kicked from LI groups if you dont meet the criterea ...........

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Yeah, thats sadly GW2 reddit for You OP. Forum is usually better, but there tend to be cringe posts too. Like this one. 

27 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

but dont whine about kicked from LI groups if you dont meet the criterea ...........

Some ppls think that only their expirience with the game is the one most important, and will try their best to convince peoples that for example, they do not have right to set any requirements in their own LFG.

Uhh... cringe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't use reddit because I find the format very confusing (especially when posts move around instead of staying in the order they were written), but I've always heard that because it's not run by Anet it's (depending on who you ask) more honest or more negative because people are free to post whatever, whereas overly negative posts on this forum get deleted. (And according to some people half of us are either bots or fake accounts run by Anet, although I don't think they've ever specified who that is.)

I'm not sure it's quite the same but I have noticed a difference between forums for MMOs and 'live service' games and conventional games which don't get constant updates, where the forums for those games are much more focused on discussing the game as it is, rather than highlighting things players don't like and pushing for it to be changed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Yeah, thats sadly GW2 reddit for You OP. Forum is usually better, but there tend to be cringe posts too. Like this one. 

Some ppls think that only their expirience with the game is the one most important, and will try their best to convince peoples that for example, they do not have right to set any requirements in their own LFG.

Uhh... cringe.

Can those "cringe" people have an auto-tool to play with other "cringe" people ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Can those "cringe" people have an auto-tool to play with other "cringe" people ?

Idc, I am not a developer to decide. Ask ANet... oh wait, You already did like thousand of times. Imo you can even have a pink elephant shooting a rainbow from it's eyes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

ut whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy and the replies are usually just telling them to quit or take a break. I think this pattern kindda got more severe after EoD update. 

So... you made a thread on reddit and got downvoted? It's hard to comment on what we don't see, maybe the thread wasn't as great as you thought it was.

If you're trying to suggest that any criticism is getting downvoted into oblivion then I'm pretty sure that's false.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You see Biziut.3594 ?

No wonder people are downing voting each other in the forums and in reddit 

What am I supposed to see? I know @Ashen.2907 is right, hope You learned a lesson from what He/She said. You want to get into instanced content for so long but do nothing to get there. Instead You are here, advocating that peoples wanting fast clears are supposed to carry You for some reason and cater to your needs. In the span of two years I already managed to be a part of 3 newbie guilds that were making their first steps into raiding and CM's. Now they do clears in their own merry company. And what have You done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So... you made a thread on reddit and got downvoted? It's hard to comment on what we don't see, maybe the thread wasn't as great as you thought it was.

Sure. If you can't find valid argument, attacking messenger is simple yet effective way to get the people's attention. In reddit, I think many of the posts/comments regarding balance issues like relics, boonball spam, deleting unique buffs and mechanics get downvoted alot. Also comments mentioning lack of contents in soto, how grindfest it is, abandoned competitive modes also goes against favor of reddit. 

But then again you are "Sobx" so I am just not gonna reply to you anymore...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Wow, this thread escalated quickly into personal insults. :classic_huh:

Anyway, this post is expressing my feelings perfectly:

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I don't use reddit because I find the format very confusing (especially when posts move around instead of staying in the order they were written), but I've always heard that because it's not run by Anet it's (depending on who you ask) more honest or more negative because people are free to post whatever, whereas overly negative posts on this forum get deleted. (And according to some people half of us are either bots or fake accounts run by Anet, although I don't think they've ever specified who that is.)

Yes, Reddit is confusing as hell for sure. 😄 No idea how such a weird format ever managed to become popular. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Sure. If you can't find valid argument, attacking messenger is simple yet effective way to get the people's attention. In reddit, I think many of the posts/comments regarding balance issues like relics, boonball spam, deleting unique buffs and mechanics get downvoted alot. Also comments mentioning lack of contents in soto, how grindfest it is, abandoned competitive modes also goes against favor of reddit.

Wait, what? How was my post a personal attack? You're talking about some unspecified reddit threads and questioning why they're downvoted (while suggesting any form of criticism is being heaviliy downvoted) and expect comments on that here, without providing any specific examples of what you were talking about. If you want people to have an opportunity to share with you their thoughts then be more precise in what you're talking about. For now, I don't see what you're apparently seeing there, as there were (and are, even at this moment) plenty of upvoted threads focused on criticism as far as I'm aware.

Skipping your unsubstantial personal remark.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

Sure. If you can't find valid argument, attacking messenger is simple yet effective way to get the people's attention. 

But then again you are "Sobx" so I am just not gonna reply to you anymore...

The juxtaposition of these two is hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Wait, what? How was my post a personal attack? You're talking about some unspecified reddit threads and questioning why they're downvoted (while suggesting any form of criticism is being heaviliy downvoted)

I think you are taking the word "attack" too literally. I was trying to say people often shift the focus from the main topic to the individual, especially on the internet, when they can't come up with a strong argument. I was discussing how gw2 subreddit tends to downvote game criticism, but you commented:

7 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

where you redirected the conversation to me, turning it into a personal issue, as if I was just upset about my post being downvoted, instead of staying on the actual topic. 
You mentioned not seeing it, but from my observations over several months, most comments or posts discussing game balance, direction, or content were downvoted.

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

For now, I don't see what you're apparently seeing there, as there were (and are, even at this moment) plenty of upvoted threads focused on criticism as far as I'm aware.

Just like you said above, there were exceptions. 1. Posts right after a patch  AND 2. Those that started with phrases like "I love this game but..." OR  "Thanks to the devs for their great work, but..." tended not to get downvoted and sometimes even got upvotes. I don't think where were plenty of such threads though unless the devs really messed it up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, flyingplanet.6912 said:

I think you are taking the word "attack" too literally. I was trying to say people often shift the focus from the main topic to the individual, especially on the internet, when they can't come up with a strong argument. I was discussing how gw2 subreddit tends to downvote game criticism, but you commented:

where you redirected the conversation to me, turning it into a personal issue, as if I was just upset about my post being downvoted, instead of staying on the actual topic. 
You mentioned not seeing it, but from my observations over several months, most comments or posts discussing game balance, direction, or content were downvoted.

Just like you said above, there were exceptions. 1. Posts right after a patch  AND 2. Those that started with phrases like "I love this game but..." OR  "Thanks to the devs for their great work, but..." tended not to get downvoted and sometimes even got upvotes. I don't think where were plenty of such threads though unless the devs really messed it up.

No, I'm taking the meaning of "personal attack" for what it is -as far as I know- and I can't see where it happened in my post. If you didn't mean what you wrote then maybe try using different words or be more descriptive.

Your OP was a bit vague and doesn't really match my observations, so it wasn't anything more than an attempt to understand what your opinion is based on. I'm convinced if someone has their thread downvoted, they're more likely to make the generalized claim you made in this thread (which tries to point at "people downvoting any criticism, so that's why they downvoted mine" instead of looking at it as an individual thread).
Ff course I don't know if that was the case which is why I'm asking for more details: if you have some specific threads in mind, maybe you can share. If you really mean that as a general rule then that's just not what I observed, so I disagree.

You were saying that "whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy", but how about.... People downvoted what they disagreed with? Are people supposed to support the change they don't want to see just because -for example- you want that change? Different people want different things, so what seems an issue to one doesn't need to be an issue to another.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

52 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You were saying that "whenever someone tries to start a discussion about the game's existing problems, they get downvoted like crazy", but how about.... People downvoted what they disagreed with? Are people supposed to support the change they don't want to see just because -for example- you want that change? Different people want different things, so what seems an issue to one doesn't need to be an issue to another.

If you don’t mark something with a heart is that implicit support anyway?

Hm. 

No wonder people get confused. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you don’t mark something with a heart is that implicit support anyway?

Hm. 

No wonder people get confused. 

Are there hearts on reddit?
Don't downvote -or voice your opposing opinion- and you get echochamber where only voices supporting the idea are "counted", right? So... Not voicing your disagreement might not be necessarily directly supporting it, but it sure makes it look like everyone likes the idea.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

Its because all the comments are controlled by the company.  Its not a mystery, so are most of the "users" on here too.

You keep making this claim in thread after thread with absolutely zero to back it up.

Basically, anyone on the forums who disagrees with you gets accused of being an ANet employee, which at this point probably adds up to more people than they actually have working for them.

Prove it or drop it, it's getting tiresome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

You keep making this claim in thread after thread with absolutely zero to back it up.

Basically, anyone on the forums who disagrees with you gets accused of being an ANet employee, which at this point probably adds up to more people than they actually have working for them.

Prove it or drop it, it's getting tiresome.

I wish he was right tho. At least we would be getting a pay check. Xd

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

The fact that Reddit hides posts that get to many down votes, and that someone can have multiple accounts to downvote someone with, very few people are needed to neg a post and hide it. For the most part that pushes Reddit towards the appearance of a positive echo chamber, further pushed that way by the Anet streaming partners who post there as well.

Posts on the forums can't be downvoted to the point they become hidden. Only the poster can edit the post to remove content, or a moderator can simply delete the post. Because such posts generally don't get hidden, the forums give the appearance of a negative echo chamber in comparison to Reddit, though there is plenty of negativity on Reddit prior to downvoting hidding the posts.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1