Can rifts not spawn on meta event bosses.....

Phyb.6704

It is more about having a mechanic where you gota gtfo of the way and then a rift opens and an aoe knockdown happens and everyone gets hit by a 1 hit k.o type attack. None expect a rift to be on a world boss or meta since lets be honest....

Anet made it so that soto world meta boss spawn areas are "no go" areas for rifts to even spawn. Not open but even spawn. They did it in soto zones so why not overall? Seems very very lazy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

There is this tier 2 in Lake Doric on the centaur mountain. Actual hell. I believe someone just went Yolo when they were adding these to the old maps.

" - Would it not be fun if the players felt like being kicked in the squirrel cheeks when doing this rift?  

- Oh I know lets put the rift in the middle of 50 elite centaurs so that if there are less then 15 players there they would just run there and get killed constantly, it will really feel like spilling the nuts! " - generic bored to do their job employee.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

People wanted harder OW content.  Don't understand these complaints now.

Either do it for all or none. Do not put in the work in soto zones to make sure rifts do not spawn on meta boss's. Well not doing that same work across the other zones. It is lazy. You can make it hard. Just make the rifts harder. Or the bosses harder. Do not need to be greif'd because dev's where lazy. 

• Confused 1

Hmm...

What if they were to design a way to spice up old metas? Not necessarily Kryptis rifts, but something like that that can potentially make an old meta new again, in a sense. "Here's a new mechanic or two. Complete the meta with this active, and get some bonus rewards!"

On the actual topic of the thread though, I can agree that having events overlap like that, even if the events are easy, can be hectic or confusing, especially for new players. Maybe Anet should consider moving that or the aformentioned Lake Doric T2 rift in centaur land, or other potentially problematic rifts. These are supposed to be fun, not frustrating to get to or confusing to do.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

not frustrating to get to

I haven't really seen that intention.... SotO maps are frustrating to get anywhere, for me. I usually can't get to the T1 rift I've scanned with my mastery thingie, before it's over.

I usually WP a lot in SotO when I don't do that other places, due to the silver cost. I want those silvers for crafting mats lol. 

Edited by willow.8209
addition
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, ohericoseo.4316 said:

It is more about having a mechanic where you gota gtfo of the way and then a rift opens and an aoe knockdown happens and everyone gets hit by a 1 hit k.o type attack. None expect a rift to be on a world boss or meta since lets be honest...

I mean, in the end someone of you opened the rift, no? And then someone opened it again for the boss.

It's not what you want to hear, but just not opening the rift is an option.
If other players open it while you do the meta, you can just get a few steps away from them.

• Like 1