[solved] [new daily] -near impossible to finish -100% impossible without pvp

Luna.6203

So i just came back for expansion few days ago so.. maybe i am missing something... But doing new daily is really really pain now... and by daily i mean daily competion chest.

I like new rewards choices and weekly are fine as they are.. But for daily i need like 1-3 hours of wvw/pvp EVERY single day ? And there is no way around it you can't choose prefer activity anymore.. We are forced to do wvw and spvp ? In last couple of days i never seen single daily mix which can be done without pvp. U are lucky if you can do just one pvp match or wvw run. Mostly i have to do both/multiple of them.. with one pve oriented daily objective.

In fact WvW is required most of days. I actually play wvw.. but at best 1-2 runs per week with guild or i just random tag from server discord but thats usually 1-2 hours with guild even more, basically whole evening and this ment to be mandatory doing daily ?! And after that you still need to do Spvp match or more.. again just for a daily ?! its like second job at this point.
And it's not guaranteed to even finish them after like 2-3 hour. Cuz you can't force commander in wvw to go fo your daily objective. In spvp it's not guarded you get top stats or do X amount of damage if you play support.. it's not guaranteed that someone tag in wvw the day you need daily... etc...

Where are PvE daily ?! Gather material ? Explore vista, finish heart. Do X amount of openW events or one big meta event. Why we cant have "do fractal, dungeon, strike or so.. in wizard vault". i don't really want to spend hours in pvp game modes that i don't like.. so than i can go for story mission or exploring or meta event or fractal/raid or whatever.... Obviously solution is to skip daily but than you pass on that amazing rewards that everyone wants.. It feel like it's exclusive for pvp players now... it feels bad.

Edited by Luna.6203
title
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 2

@Teknomancer.4895 @vares.8457 Ohh !@#$.. thank you so much.. was suspecting i was missing something cuz i was watching youtuber praise new daily system with pve daily's.. i thought its just random and i have bad luck.. but after couple of days or so gettting pvp every day it was obvious its not just bad luck... anyway thx a lot you have no idea how it improves gw2 experience for me... on my defence that little gear icon is not really intuitive..

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Luna.6203 said:

@Teknomancer.4895 @vares.8457 Ohh !@#$.. thank you so much.. was suspecting i was missing something cuz i was watching youtuber praise new daily system with pve daily's.. i thought its just random and i have bad luck.. but after couple of days or so gettting pvp every day it was obvious its not just bad luck... anyway thx a lot you have no idea how it improves gw2 experience for me... on my defence that little gear icon is not really intuitive..

To be fair first time you opened it you go to chose wvw, pve or spvp it said to tick what ever you wanted with all already being ticked by default.

So you clearly blew past that like alot of other people did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I've already went to game and change it.. and yeah game told me that it will take affect on next daily reset.. which makes sense..

But kitten why these small checkboxes are even hidden behind small cogwheel icon. They should be right on top/middle of wizard window. There is prenty of space...

I'm wonder how many other players suffer from this. not knowing that's the case.. anyway not my problem anymore.. Im fixed.. thx again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Are we talking about some other dailies than the vault?

Because since they added the 4th optional, you literally don’t need any pvp to complete WvW daily. It takes on average like 5-10m to complete (or about 60 seconds if you get a lucky camp+guard+dolly combo and your target is an untouched nc).

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Are we talking about some other dailies than the vault?

Because since they added the 4th optional, you literally don’t need any pvp to complete WvW daily. It takes on average like 5-10m to complete (or about 60 seconds if you get a lucky camp+guard+dolly combo and your target is an untouched nc).

Well if you tick all boxes you dont get only wvw you get 1-2 wvw 1 pvp and 1-2 pve right?

1 hour ago, Luna.6203 said:

I've already went to game and change it.. and yeah game told me that it will take affect on next daily reset.. which makes sense..

But kitten why these small checkboxes are even hidden behind small cogwheel icon. They should be right on top/middle of wizard window. There is prenty of space...

I'm wonder how many other players suffer from this. not knowing that's the case.. anyway not my problem anymore.. Im fixed.. thx again.

The first time you open the wizard's vault the menu is open automatically and you have to select whether you want WvW, PvP, PvE or a mix before you can do anything else with it.

Consider choosing PvP.

I get my daily in one match usually, maybe two matches if one match is really terrible. You don't have to be good at PvP. Select unranked. You get into a random team. The matchmaker will keep track of your skill and place you in a team according to your skill level. Bock anyone who is talking trash, because unfortunately a subset of the PvP players are toxic and can't stand losing. Usually even a losing match is enough for your daily if you do your best.

2 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

They're not really hidden, they should have popped up the first time you opened the window, you probably just didn't care to read and "clicked through it" asap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Consider choosing PvP.

I get my daily in one match usually, maybe two matches if one match is really terrible. You don't have to be good at PvP. Select unranked. You get into a random team. The matchmaker will keep track of your skill and place you in a team according to your skill level. Bock anyone who is talking trash, because unfortunately a subset of the PvP players are toxic and can't stand losing. Usually even a losing match is enough for your daily if you do your best.

Yeah i think i'll go with spvp. its usually fastest.. but 1st ill try pure pve daily to see what they are. The problem was mainly wvw its like raid (not something you want to do daily) unless you roam on your own wich 99% players dont do.. i bet most ppl avoid pvp or at least join zerg. no matter what pve or pvp you want to select one thats for sure. you definitely don't want to do pve+pvp+wvw every single day.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

They're not really hidden, they should have popped up the first time you opened the window, you probably just didn't care to read and "clicked through it" asap.

I dont remeber its posible. but when you log after like year of pause there is lot of !@#$% spam in mail and you trying to pick up where you left you char buy expension etc... i had no idea what wizard vault is.. i had no idea wizards are now new daily..
P.S. ppl love popups on computer.. ++ for UIX desing

Edited by Luna.6203
typo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Luna.6203 said:

I dont remeber its posible. but when you log after like year of pause there is lot of !@#$% spam in mail and you trying to pick up where you left you char buy expension etc... i had no idea what wizard vault is.. i had no idea wizards are now new daily..
P.S. ppl love popups on computer.. ++ for UIX desing

"why don't they tell me how to do it, it's so hidden!!"
They do tell you how to do it.
"omg, ppl sure love popups on computers, what a design!"

A pop up appearing on your screen -specifically when you opened relevant window in the first place- to give you the new information once isn't really wrong. You are wrong for not reading though. No need to look for further excuses here, learn from it and you'll be k.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 U are so smart. You should write paragraph about pop-ups on wiki.

I admit my part of mistake. If i closed popup that warned me. i don't really remember confirming anything like that but whatever.. who knows what happend.

Anyway i'm grateful for initial responses that actually helped. ill mark thread as [solved] and if there is any moderator feel free to lock thread. thx

• Confused 3

• Luna.6203 changed the title to [solved] [new daily] -near impossible to finish -100% impossible without pvp
5 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

Yeah, bad UI design. I dont even know how can people defend this solution. I also thought that you cant change this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

45 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"why don't they tell me how to do it, it's so hidden!!"
They do tell you how to do it.
"omg, ppl sure love popups on computers, what a design!"

A pop up appearing on your screen -specifically when you opened relevant window in the first place- to give you the new information once isn't really wrong. You are wrong for not reading though. No need to look for further excuses here, learn from it and you'll be k.

You always coming to this forum with that stance how it is always users fault.  One of biggest mistake in ui/ux design is to assume that people are wrong because they didnt read. Even beginner designers know that its not users fault when they are confused with your ui.

There is reason why is there so much tutorials and articles about how to make proper intro to some user interface. 

To not make such important option more clear is design mistake because some players really dont like pvp. Who knows how many more people dontk now about this option. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

@Flasterko.4087 Ohh thank you.. i was worried from now on i'll get only roasted by gw2 veterans for whom everything is super obvious in this game and im nub. Even if there were popup at start that would show me something like wizard vault pve, pve, wvw.. Im 100% sure i would not know what that checboxes actually means or how it works (how daily are mixed from this choice) or i can change it. And i'm pretty sure default choice "all" is something that nobody would pick and so new/returning players should be properly warned about this bad choice at default. It can really ruin your experience.. i've basically decided to ignore dailys.. if i didnt make this post i would ignore daily for who knows how long. Clicking on that cogwheel wouldn't really crossed my mind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Luna.6203 said:

@Flasterko.4087 Ohh thank you.. i was worried from now on i'll get only roasted by gw2 veterans for whom everything is super obvious in this game and im nub. Even if there were popup at start that would show me something like wizard vault pve, pve, wvw.. Im 100% sure i would not know what that checboxes actually means or how it works (how daily are mixed from this choice) or i can change it. And i'm pretty sure default choice "all" is something that nobody would pick and so new/returning players should be properly warned about this bad choice at default. It can really ruin your experience.. i've basically decided to ignore dailys.. if i didnt make this post i would ignore daily for who knows how long. Clicking on that cogwheel wouldn't really crossed my mind.

Good that you asked. Who knows how many people dont know about this. You probably helped some more people with writing this thread.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Luna.6203 said:

Yes this picture that pop up the first time you open wizards vault is so hard to understand.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault#/media/File:Wizards_Vault_selection.jpg

Edit my bad wrong picture

Here you go

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault#/media/File:Wizards_Vault_initial_selection.jpg

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's easy to disregard this pop-up as just another pointless informative pop-up because of the terrible lay-out. In a good interface, option boxes are arranged vertically at the start of each line of options, with clear, decent sized boxes. Arranging them horizontally with small boxes appearing in the middle of a line of text is really not very attention-grabbing. Also, disabling all options when the pop-up is first opened would also be a lot better. Choices shouldn't default to anything, people should be forced to actually make their own choices before confirming.

Having said that, I had no trouble with it because I read everything I've never seen before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Luna.6203 said:

I admit my part of mistake. If i closed popup that warned me.

Ok, good.

who knows what happend.

For the sake of clarity, that's probably what...

You opened WV for the first time when prompted to do so, saw this window:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d8/Wizards_Vault_initial_selection.jpg 
Pressed "confirm" without reading and here we are 😉 

Which, again, is ok if you missed something, I just find it weird how you went on with first saying it wasn't explained anywhere, but then when it was clear there was a window with explanation... you went on to sarcastically say that popup windows are such a great design. Well... what other solution would you rather have there to provide players with informations like that? Maybe anet can use it if you know any better ones.

Im 100% sure i would not know what that checboxes actually means or how it works (how daily are mixed from this choice) or i can change it. And i'm pretty sure default choice "all" is something that nobody would pick and so new/returning players should be properly warned

As evident by the screenshot, they are warned about it in the initial window and it's explained what "marking the boxes" does.

19 hours ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

One of biggest mistake in ui/ux design is to assume that people are wrong because they didnt read. Even beginner designers know that its not users fault when they are confused with your ui.

Skipping your made up personal remarks and moving to the same question as above:
Well... what other solution would you rather have there to provide players with informations like that? Maybe anet can use it if you know any better ones.

e: Welp, I guess this lack of answer to the above question is rather telling. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault#/media/File:Wizards_Vault_initial_selection.jpg

I play all content more or less so it would make sense to check all anyway right.. how could i know its limited to 5 and you'll end up with 1-2 wvw, 1-2pvp, 1-2 pve.. or so.. which is terrible idea cuz than you have to play all of it on daily basis.. and no mention of you can change it.. As returning player seeing objectives from different game modes felt natural to me... my only thought were why there is only 5 of them ? Its actually good that you can chose now and i like it. Only if it were more obvious whats going on here..

Btw that choice affect weekly as well right ? i mean ill get pve weekly only ? i dont think i want that.. So far weeekly pve objectives were tedious and hard to complete maybe bad luck. Maybe i'll go with pvp option and embarrass myself in some pvp matches just to be done with it fast and easy.. On other hand i dont want to stress myself with pvp every day.. 🤔hmm...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Luna.6203 said:

I play all content more or less so it would make sense to check all anyway right.. how could i know its limited to 5 and you'll end up with 1-2 wvw, 1-2pvp, 1-2 pve.. or so.. which is terrible idea cuz than you have to play all of it on daily basis.. and no mention of you can change it.. As returning player seeing objectives from different game modes felt natural to me... my only thought were why there is only 5 of them ? Its actually good that you can chose now and i like it. Only if it were more obvious whats going on here..

Btw that choice affect weekly as well right ? i mean ill get pve weekly only ? i dont think i want that.. So far weeekly pve objectives were tedious and hard to complete maybe bad luck. Maybe i'll go with pvp option and embarrass myself in some pvp matches just to be done with it fast and easy.. On other hand i dont want to stress myself with pvp every day.. 🤔hmm...

Noone knew that it would only be 4.

we speculated it was 4,4,4 as before so if you  took two out of three you would get 6 of each and 12 if you took a single category.

Anet saw our speculation and dident clear it up at all since they probabely knew people would not be happy to have a downgrade from 12 to 4 dailies.

• Like 1