Downstate HP

Sinister.5792

30 minutes ago, Sinister.5792 said:

Its time we talk about downstate HP...

I have just murdered a player, and jesus christ... IT TAKES UPTO 40K HP TO CLEAVE TO DEATH A PLAYER??

What is the actual Downstate hp ?? can we talk about this.... 

"When a character is downed, they fall to the ground and are unable to move, but gain triple their base health..."
(source)

removal of downstate would make faster gameplay and more chances to make a comeback with team.

Because you're all faster alive again after you died and less chance to die slow by bleeding out.

On the other side, it would be more punishing because you can't get ressed. But then again like I said, you get faster back and more chances for comebacks.

It would open also the option for more different support builds present and for sure with upcoming support weapons 

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

removal of downstate would make faster gameplay and more chances to make a comeback with team.

Because you're all faster alive again after you died and less chance to die slow by bleeding out.

On the other side, it would be more punishing because you can't get ressed. But then again like I said, you get faster back and more chances for comebacks.

It would open also the option for more different support builds present and for sure with upcoming support weapons 

Unfortunately, downstate is probably too ingrained in the game to remove in a PVP setting. But equalizing it - everyone gets the same skills, reduced health, remove the total cleanse and second or so of invuln on downstate, and change all insta-rez skills to apply prot/resolution/resistance/stab (so they're harder to cleave/knockback/poison) and be percentage rezzes so you still actually gotta rub the person back to life too, and I think things will be in a better spot.

Was in wvw yesterday and the comm kept leaping face first into the enemy zerg without telling anyone or giving supports (aka me and the only other support specter in there, and I firmly believe they survived only because we pressed our buttons extra hard) time to catch up. They went down multiple times per battle and were inta-rezzed. Which, to be fair, was really funny and we had some good fights, but they probably should not be able to do that.  Yes, I know this is the spvp forum, but was relevant >.>

Edited by Curennos.9307

9 minutes ago, Curennos.9307 said:

Unfortunately, downstate is probably too ingrained in the game to remove in a PVP setting. But equalizing it - everyone gets the same skills, reduced health, remove the total cleanse and second or so of invuln on downstate, and change all insta-rez skills to apply prot/resolution/resistance/stab (so they're harder to cleave/knockback/poison) and be percentage rezzes so you still actually gotta rub the person back to life too, and I think things will be in a better spot.

Was in wvw yesterday and the comm kept leaping face first into the enemy zerg without telling anyone or giving supports (aka me and the only other support specter in there, and I firmly believe they survived only because we pressed our buttons extra hard) time to catch up. They went down multiple times per battle and were inta-rezzed. Which, to be fair, was really funny and we had some good fights, but they probably should not be able to do that.  Yes, I know this is the spvp forum, but was relevant >.>

I am allright too with everyone in pvp giving the same downstate abilties. Percentage ressing is neutral for me, not complaining.

But boons on downstated nope 😅, I think in most cases you don't get the revive. Bit they are just harder to kill and they stay longer out of combat. So less chances to get comebacks after defeat and more snowball effects

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I am allright too with everyone in pvp giving the same downstate abilties. Percentage ressing is neutral for me, not complaining.

But boons on downstated nope 😅, I think in most cases you don't get the revive. Bit they are just harder to kill and they stay longer out of combat. So less chances to get comebacks after defeat and more snowball effects

To clarify, the boons would come from the skills that are currently insta-rez - not 'you're downed and suddenly have a bunch of boons', but serve to make the rez skills still valued. Cause prot/resolution/resistance/stab would make the utility still worth taking if you want to go for the rez, IMO. Unless the rez-pulse power is just super high (but not instant) instead, which would be fine.

Yeah, I don't get why it hasn't been addressed since ... forever.
They have spent time to develop crappy end-of-game-podiums, yet fixing simple mechanics is too hard for them :x
They could start make stomping a bit faster and give the "1 kill = 1 rally" treatment as for in WvW, and limit the range of the rallying. That would already be a bit more healthy, and I am sure the intern is skilled enough for implementing that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Curennos.9307 said:

To clarify, the boons would come from the skills that are currently insta-rez - not 'you're downed and suddenly have a bunch of boons', but serve to make the rez skills still valued. Cause prot/resolution/resistance/stab would make the utility still worth taking if you want to go for the rez, IMO. Unless the rez-pulse power is just super high (but not instant) instead, which would be fine.

I know, that's what I meant. You would still have to target that ally and cast 2 second long abilty to apply these boons before you start reviving. In these 2 second you could have started to revive and that would have been more meaningfull still.

Rally should not exist in PvP.

If I down someone and my teammate somehow gets screwed harder while I am winning my other 1v1, both should just die or at best be a distraction for either players fighting already.

Too many times there are games where the game is just defined by who gets downed in a timely fashion just to get instant revive by that one guy who couldn't die fast enough 2 seconds earlier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/17/2023 at 6:21 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

not sure how that equals more chances for come backs when both sides have the same fast comeback

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

not sure how that equals more chances for come backs when both sides have the same fast comeback

uhmmm yea, wouldn't be fair if 1 side has a longer come back. 

You can faster regroup and change tactics with team. And on the other side, the better team who adapts better will get it. And for the other, well they can potentially feed more often for more points.

Try to put it like a simulation in your head how a regular match goes but then with this mechanic. And then you get this