Make Rifle TURN INTO A SHOTGUN!

JinONplay.8905

Only way to make rifle better is to go full on REDNECK LET'S GO!

1:auto attack: Shoots 3 projectiles every 1 sec (500 range)

2:replace volley with: 4 continues 3 projectiles shots that inflicts  vulnerability  each shot.

3.replace brutal shot with: 300 range projectile that damages and also gives 5 stacks of bleeding.

4:replace  rifle butt with: a leap of 700 range hitting an enemy with the weapon that also gives cripple.

5:replace kill shot with: a powerful cone like area  of effect range of 600 that explodes said area giving might and slightly pushes you back like off hand pistol.

6:replace explosive shell with: a 1 and a half sec charge that deals lots of damage in a line that pierces with 800 range, damage increases the closer they are.

7: GIVE US A CIGAR WHILE AT IT!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

What about make rifle less annoying to use with faster animations and projectiles? I have been playing Gunflame Berserker lately in WvW and kitten, the rifle is sometimes so kittening annoying to use... for example Brutal Shot skill. Some people (myself included) were suggesting to change it from "shoot then dodge" into "dodge then shoot", but that is actually super annoying in WvW. The issue I see is that devs treat warrior profession in a way that they simply don't make Brutal Shot as an instant skill: "dodge instantly while shooting imobilizing projectile". Not to mention Rifle Butt skill... please do something with that tedious skill already, it's unreliable and impractical... give it dash to target like pistol 4th skill (with same speed).

In my opinion rifle skills having ammo ultimately prevents them to have better utility and effects. I kinda like the idea of warrior rifle being hybrid between long range sniper weapon and short-medium range shotgun, even if it is similar to engineer rifle. I would rather have engi-level functional rifle, than a gimmick weapon that only works semi-practically with Berserker as (sometimes) one-shot meme...

The more I think about this, the more I realize how I hate current state of rifle compared to other range weapons of other professions. Why does it take ages for Volley skill to hit target after the button press? Is warrior not suppose to kill stuff with rifle or what? Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Simple solution: give warrior rifle to the devs who make stuff for ranger or guardian to fix the weapon and don't tell them that it's for warrior profession 😐

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's what they should've done to mainhand pistol. If you ever played Halo, there's a pistol shotgun. Also, in BDO (Black Desert Online) the berserker class uses fist cannons. Mainhand pistol could've acted like that.

The auto attack could be a spread which then hits harder when the targets are close enough. The skills could just be shoving the pistol into peoples' faces and blasting them. The Burst could be a Falcon Punch from smash bros that can launch people. It would be fun.

On 12/17/2023 at 10:10 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Make them 600-900 range cone aoes with no push backs and it could work.

I can vibe with this, especially if it becomes hybrid in some way where it inflicts alot of bleed. 

I'd honestly prefer Longbow reworked into a power ranging option because at the moment its coefficients and skills are seriously all over the place and annoys me greatly. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I can vibe with this, especially if it becomes hybrid in some way where it inflicts alot of bleed. 

I'd honestly prefer Longbow reworked into a power ranging option because at the moment its coefficients and skills are seriously all over the place and annoys me greatly. 

It was one of those things that got suggested in the Omnibus way back when. Kind of a hot take, but making each attack a cone AoE that is not a projectile would work. Keep the same number of vuln stacks, the same cripple duration, and the same immobilize duration. Turn F1 into another cone AoE that inflicts Daze and some moderate damage. You'd have something very toxic indeed.

On 12/20/2023 at 12:28 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Don't get your hopes up for a shotgun. Guardian Staff started out as a shotgun, aka, Loot Stick, and Anet decided it was too much and took it away.

Just sayin'.

Basically, this. The reason guardian staff was reworked was that ArenaNet decided that a cone autoattack with a range greater than 425 was too problematic in WvW.

7 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

medium range AA for rifle, there would be even a reason to use volley.

And which weapon do we get as a long range power weapon in return? Probably none.

Thus, don't change the range. There are better ways to improve Rifle, if Arenanet cared about making it better.

Warrior already is shoehorned too much into melee. Don't take away the tiny bit of ranged capability we have.

Pistol being melee already is bad enough.

Edited by Fueki.4753