Willbender still needs a nerf [Merged]

kiwituatara.6053

2 hours ago, urd.8306 said:

So, the important question is:

What's the counter?

blocks long ones for exaple rev staff +sword-shield rotation...  it can neutralize most bursts, if u do a mistake... ur pk'ed, my situation is    sillybender is full offense and i need to be on full defense :/ i cant rispost back due how fast sillybenders can bursts back teleport aways and back again...  but if it is a 1vs1 situation will be a stall match.

Reason most matches wit sillybenders players ends in them calling few friends thinking i am even on minstrelll gear >_> while i just block their burst, 3+vs1 and then some siege on my down toon lol....

Noobs hate when their carry me dady Anet  build dont work, meanwhile and offtopic.... delete minstrell gear from game.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, krill.4902 said:

It would be easy to counter Willb, if they were not under stab very very very often, it's crazy when you try to pull them, this not work 90% of pulls!! reapplied

i would say rip their boons but.. we all know how Anet hates that, and while ripping their boons the burst output if not blocked will burst easily white trying to rip a few boons that will soon be reapplied.

They need to loose something that's for sure.... maybe all alacrity and less stability would put class more balanced, or maybe loose some mobility but i fear that Anet would touch core mobility skills rather some tweaks on silllybender ones.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

i would say rip their boons but.. we all know how Anet hates that, and while ripping their boons the burst output if not blocked will burst easily white trying to rip a few boons that will soon be reapplied.

They need to loose something that's for sure.... maybe all alacrity and less stability would put class more balanced, or maybe loose some mobility but i fear that Anet would touch core mobility skills rather some tweaks on silllybender ones.

You don't rip before pulling, if they are 1200 range or 900 you not rip first and pull after... you pull only🙂

In general, pulling them is when they evade, no need pulling them before attack, they come to us with tp^^

Edited by krill.4902
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Unblockable attacks/chain stunning.

Imagine if Spellbreaker was allowed to do that! Crazy I know...

I can strip 100 boons from a willbender and they will still have 6 different boons on their bar while I struggle with some swiftness and might on mine.

Class balance..

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Imagine if Spellbreaker was allowed to do that! Crazy I know...

I can strip 100 boons from a willbender and they will still have 6 different boons on their bar while I struggle with some swiftness and might on mine.

Class balance..

Signet of might.

In my experience, warriors are the best at taking down wb/dh.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

Signet of might.

In my experience, warriors are the best at taking down wb/dh.

So you want me to use signet of might as one of my utilities and restricting me to bull's charge and a single stunbreak?

Give it some more thought and reflect on what you said about warr vs WB.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

So you want me to use signet of might as one of my utilities and restricting me to bull's charge and a single stunbreak?

Imagine that. An opportunity cost. 

If what has you twisted in a knot that you have to take a specific signet, try this mental exercise: Guardians aren't the only profession with blocks!

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Which Willbender doesn't need to take to fight me, while I would need to build specifically to counter them and even then do so at a high risk. 

See the logic?

How is this any different from any profession in the game? If a willbender needs to fight a warrior, they should take stand your ground instead of whirling light to deal with the cc spam. 

I don't understand the crying here. It's not like you would only use signet of might for willbenders. You can use it on anything that can block.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/9/2024 at 6:37 AM, Aeolus.3615 said:

blocks long ones for exaple rev staff +sword-shield rotation...  it can neutralize most bursts, if u do a mistake... ur pk'ed, my situation is    sillybender is full offense and i need to be on full defense 😕 i cant rispost back due how fast sillybenders can bursts back teleport aways and back again...  but if it is a 1vs1 situation will be a stall match.

Reason most matches wit sillybenders players ends in them calling few friends thinking i am even on minstrelll gear >_> while i just block their burst, 3+vs1 and then some siege on my down toon lol....

Noobs hate when their carry me dady Anet  build dont work, meanwhile and offtopic.... delete minstrell gear from game.

To be fair, I'd rather just call friends to deal with any Renegade or Vindicator revs because those specs in Cele gear are some of the biggest snoozefests to deal with regardless of what build I'm bringing to fight them. 

Willy might be a very easy build that can carry people with its disengage, but Cele revs are definitely up there among the most braindead carry builds one can ask for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly Willbender is held up by Duct Tape and raw numbers.
Look at it,
Hyper Mobility on a traditionally immobile class, making that particular spec a balance nightmare, not to mention mobility inherently is a nightmare to balance in Competitive gameplay.
"Hit X times to proc effects" on a spec that doesn't generate any substantial self Quickness, instead its Alac, ofc it shits out boons, it self refreshes CDs faster.
Physical/spec identity skills that are either situational or downright garbage.
A Major Adept healing trait that makes WB flames "heals yourself, and ONLY yourself when it hits enemies", why not "heal allies that are within its range"?
And other "feelsbad" stuff.

I honestly prefer if they reworked WB (excluding mobility SPECIFICALLY in PvE), maybe move Alac to DH like some ppl requested.
When I fight Teefs as WB, I ironically understand why Teefs and everyone else hate WB, WBs/Teefs always catch up to you and are hard to get rid of, as long they half competent.
Its like swatting a buzzing insect, some may be wasps, bees, flies, perhaps even mosquitoes, and they are ALL annoying to deal with.
As long as the devs don't just nerf WB and leave it in the dirt, WB changes are warranted,  BOTH for ppl FOR WBs, and for ppl AGAINST WBs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

But thief's fine. They're meant to be annoying, because they offer nothing else. Watching a group splinter to chase a thief and seeing it all unfold where they get confused, split up and get picked off is insane to see. They have every opportunity to just stop being dumb, or to give up the chase, or to stick together. And eventually they fall. It takes a few times to learn not to chase them but eventually you learn and they don't pose much threat. It's their whole class mechanic.

Willbender isn't that. It lands on you, farts out its burst, and if you can't mitigate the damage you're very quickly dead. But then if you do survive...they run away, wait for their relatively short CDs, and then they do it again. And if you get the upper hand, they can easily disengage. All the while farting boons, access to invuln, and lots of sustain.

It's just dumb. Thieves are an annoyance but not much threat; WB is a very threatening pain in the kitten.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

Had a macro using perma invis thief last night running around a keep waiting to port in some Mesmers and then open the gates for more. Could have used some Willies around to help with that personally. So bring on the Willies, to chase the thieves, and the rest of us will address the enemy Willies. Mileage varies I am thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Had a macro using perma invis thief last night running around a keep waiting to port in some Mesmers and then open the gates for more. Could have used some Willies around to help with that personally. So bring on the Willies, to chase the thieves, and the rest of us will address the enemy Willies. Mileage varies I am thinking.

No, gotta delete WB from the game, sincerely, a Thief/Mesmer main.
(We must have supremacy and ALL the Stealth, delete Stealth from Engi and Rangers!!! HOW DARE A LESSER CLASS LIKE GUARDIAN TRY TO HAVE MOBILITY!)
/s

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's more likely that they see these threads and think they can just pick up willbender and start dominating in wvw right away. Then they find themselves in for  a rude awakening when they realize they can't just sit there and tank every hit that comes their way. They have to, in effect, actually dodge attacks.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

It's more likely that they see these threads and think they can just pick up willbender and start dominating in wvw right away. Then they find themselves in for  a rude awakening when they realize they can't just sit there and tank every hit that comes their way. They have to, in effect, actually dodge attacks.

Ppl like to dismiss the lack of QoL on WB becuz "its op", then once they play it and get curb stomped, they realize those "feelsbad" moments are actually quite pivotal and take time+practice to get around, like the fact that Sword 3 will never hit anyone who isn't CC'd.
But whatever, they can snort their copium "I dont need to play my class better, its 'insert build here that is commonly hated', that build is OP while mine isn't!".
And we will continue to see these ppl fail.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I see this a lot and would have to agree. 

• Like 4

On 1/11/2024 at 6:18 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

you know most wb don't really have cc. You have the sword 5 with the 2 seconds immob and the greatsword pull. One stunbreak vs a willbender is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

(snip) One stunbreak vs a willbender is fine.

That is very true IF the class ur playing has some mobility to kite sillybender or some decent amount of blocks, I use the herald (Util: gaze of darkness + trait glaring resolve)and it is ok, sometimes i can bait the burst pretending i am cc when the burst chain starts "gaze of darkness" plus dodge or some skill.

Note: ofc after the CC it comes the burst xD there was only 1 bender that noticed i was bating out of the cc and i got master baited and outplayed still..  sillybender is still bit to silly on the offensivbe  altough i dont think nerfing the burst potential would be a good thing, maybe make the class take longer recover between burst momentum would be more than enough to balance it.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

you know most wb don't really have cc. You have the sword 5 with the 2 seconds immob and the greatsword pull. One stunbreak vs a willbender is fine.

This is what makes hammer do much fun. Nobody expects so much CC after being poofed on, and I started bringing Bane signet for the extra long range knockdown to pick people out of a moving group. 

Sadly, hammer guardian seems to have died out again after people tested the buffs. It's still mostly a meme, and pitiful vs anything with stability, but this means everyone expects sw/sw+gs.