Willbender still needs a nerf [Merged]

kiwituatara.6053

On 1/13/2024 at 12:08 PM, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

This is what makes hammer do much fun. Nobody expects so much CC after being poofed on, and I started bringing Bane signet for the extra long range knockdown to pick people out of a moving group. 

Sadly, hammer guardian seems to have died out again after people tested the buffs. It's still mostly a meme, and pitiful vs anything with stability, but this means everyone expects sw/sw+gs.

Hammer was always like that, drop santuary behind enemy kb against sanctuary and then hammer 5  :)  and this was 2012... now  ...its every one in group has perma resolution and stability... sad.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

A little willbender and everyone around me dies in one spin, and im left alone.

You are obviously wearing cele gear which is the Problem and needs to be nerfed.

clearly, you should be dead too. How dare you not die to the godlike skill of this willbenderplayer by pressing 2?

nerf cele!!!

for all my confused emojji frens out there: this post is meant to be ironic.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

They nerf mesmers every chance they get but won't touch the most played class with the most broken spec in the game. 

You mean firebrands?

no wait.

aaahhh let’s just call it „guardians“ in general. Tho DHs seem to be fine since trapperrune is not a thing anymore.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

You mean firebrands?

no wait.

aaahhh let’s just call it „guardians“ in general. Tho DHs seem to be fine since trapperrune is not a thing anymore.

Only noobs still run Firebrand for Zerg Support, that slot is for Chrono now, and DH isn't "fine", its trash tier in WvW now, since the map is so large theres no way to "camp a node" forever, and the fact that an army can show up instead of only 2/3 at a time.

Most Necros/Warriors don't even whine about WB as much, becuz even tho its mildly overtuned, isn't too big of a threat when skill is above a certain floor on both sides, something non-Harb Necros/Warriors need to have in order to roam/1v1 anyway.

Notice how ppl whining about nerfing WB seem to be majority Mesmers/Teefs/Eles? Thats because WB can do things in WvW in a similar toxic manner to what those classes have been doing since 2012, ofc they don't like their turf being shared with Guardians who are traditionally "easy bag" in a 1v1 and slow as balls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Notice how ppl whining about nerfing WB seem to be majority Mesmers/Teefs/Eles? Thats because WB can do things in WvW in a similar toxic manner to what those classes have been doing since 2012, ofc they don't like their turf being shared with Guardians who are traditionally "easy bag" in a 1v1 and slow as balls.

Kinda funny how those specs have been nerfed multiple times due to similar "whining" the past 10 years, but don't you all turn around and dare ask for it for willbenders, no no no.

🙄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Only noobs still run Firebrand for Zerg Support, that slot is for Chrono now, and DH isn't "fine", its trash tier in WvW now, since the map is so large theres no way to "camp a node" forever, and the fact that an army can show up instead of only 2/3 at a time.

Most Necros/Warriors don't even whine about WB as much, becuz even tho its mildly overtuned, isn't too big of a threat when skill is above a certain floor on both sides, something non-Harb Necros/Warriors need to have in order to roam/1v1 anyway.

I wasn’t 100% serious but now i am:

the Guardian Profession is the last one in the entire Game that has reasons to complain. Across all the gamemodes, different Guardianspeccs are / where strong, always.

it‘s okay for me. It’s fine. But you really don’t have to defend guardians generally or willbenders specifically.

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I wasn’t 100% serious but now i am:

the Guardian Profession is the last one in the entire Game that has reasons to complain. Across all the gamemodes, different Guardianspeccs are / where strong, always.

it‘s okay for me. It’s fine. But you really don’t have to defend guardians generally or willbenders specifically.

Ironic then, the upcoming heaviest Mesmer nerfs are for PvE Condi Mirage, which most of you don't seem to care much about anyway.
Not only that, in high end PvE Mesmer is considered straight up an upgrade to Guardian, and in competitive Mesmers will never be garbage just from the fact that they were literally designed to be annoying, just like Thiefs, while sPvP FB has been lower than garbage tier since the nerfs and hasnt been back in years.
In fact, In PvE tryhard culture, Chrono and Druid were mandatory for the longest time, now Chrono is better than FB at providing group Aegis and Stab when played well, so whats this bologney with the 2 of u crying about "across all gamemodes"?

You wanna talk about WB? sure, its overtuned from numbers but suffers a bunch of QoL issues, just like most EoD classes having design flaws.
Guardian isnt broken, Mesmer isnt trash, spend less time making cry posts and go practice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, Melancholy Forever.3965 said:

It is too strong vs weak/noob players. And you guys for the majority are low level players. A little willbender and everyone around me dies in one spin, and im left alone.

It needs to be nerfed so you guys can stay alive for more than 5 secs, so i can at least believe i can try something.

Thanks.

No, best I have done is 1v5 Willies and if you nerf them that throws off these tests. Bloat their ego more also impacts these baselines. 

6 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

You mean firebrands?

no wait.

You say "fine" but it's really just no threat whatsoever. They have a few tricks with pulls but for the most part does anyone think for even a split second before fighting a DH? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

You say "fine" but it's really just no threat whatsoever. They have a few tricks with pulls but for the most part does anyone think for even a split second before fighting a DH? 

Yeah i say fine.

since turbotrapper isn’t a thing anymore… and pulling of the test of faith burst isn’t that ez pz but if you manage it, it’s strong. I feel like they are decently doing damage and can survive without being op.

mostly as roamers tho, and in my opinion, the only reason you don’t see them in zergs is cause a DH could be a FB so he has to swap. I see a lot of DHs swap into FB as soon as the cloudblob starts to form itself out but the reason is not dh being weak, but fb still very good in this scenario.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Yeah i say fine.

since turbotrapper isn’t a thing anymore… and pulling of the test of faith burst isn’t that ez pz but if you manage it, it’s strong. I feel like they are decently doing damage and can survive without being op.

mostly as roamers tho, and in my opinion, the only reason you don’t see them in zergs is cause a DH could be a FB so he has to swap. I see a lot of DHs swap into FB as soon as the cloudblob starts to form itself out but the reason is not dh being weak, but fb still very good in this scenario.

The reason you don't see them in zergs is cos they were systematically nerfed, and what they have left to offer is easily countered. A rev with a hammer will wipe out a line of traps, and if he's Vindicator then he's offering even more than the DH on top. They're just...there, every now and again.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LSD.4673 said:

The reason you don't see them in zergs is cos they were systematically nerfed, and what they have left to offer is easily countered. A rev with a hammer will wipe out a line of traps, and if he's Vindicator then he's offering even more than the DH on top. They're just...there, every now and again.

As i said.

they all swap to fb.

guardians are guardians biggest enemies. Every dragonhunter is a „not firebrand“ in the zerg.

you could scale up dh‘s damage a bit for zergs if needed or whatnot but outside of damage, every valuable thing he can bring to the table, fb does too but better. Imo this has nothing to do with other specs.

but anyways, initially this was about willies. And here we have the same reason why you see less dh‘s roaming. Willies just do it better. Why kitten myself on dh when i can play sillybender? I don’t. That doesn’t mean dh is super awful, that just means willie might be to strong.

at least in the case of guardians class it is that i feel like.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I feel like they are decently doing damage and can survive without being op.

DH against nearly any Cele build or something with stability still falls pretty flat, baring new players that eat True Shot for free or run into Dragon's Maw. If they spec Valor to survive, their damage tanks badly. The moment you hop on a DH, there's not much they can do. 

It's true that other guardian builds tend to be needed more than DH, but DH on its own is very mediocre at best. 

• Like 3

What I don't understand is why they won't apply the changes to wvw willbender that they did to spvp willbender.

It's a similar issue to celestial stats. Where Anet can see they are an issue for fun and competitive play in spvp so they get removed, but leave them to be available in wvw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1