What proficient / elite that you think is overperforming in PvP

DragonFury.6243

What proficient / elite that you think is overperforming in PvP  

59 members have voted

1. 1. BTW overperforming mean excellent damage and cc with good survivability or mobility . choose any and write why

💯 Engineer. What other class can 100-0 the tankiest class + amulet with One burst (Defense Demolisher warrior) WHILE having full block/reflect, permanent CC chains, blinds, ranged AOE, and passive reveal for you Mesmer thief players out there..  and then superspeed away to the other side of the field and do it all over again? Engineer base #’s And DPS modifiers are left unchecked.

Edited by JosephKatz.9375
  • Confused 2

I would not say a specific class is broken rn but some Builds are.

1. Deadeye: Multiple Ports, Multiple Stunbrakes, Stealth, Hard Ranged DMG

2. Grenade Scrapper: Hard AoE dmg out off stealth Superspeed with Swiftness Always available, one block and some dodges on its weapon, hard ranged dmg

3. Condi-Berserker: Mutiple DMG immunity , Multiple Blocks, Selfhealing for doing condi and Power DMG, some amount of CCs

4. Bladesworn: Multiple Aegis Ressources that reflect and heal yourself, a spamable Selfhealing, a 3 Seconds ranged daze, okay amount of melee/ranged dmg

5. Condi Specter: Multiple Ports, Shroud with second life pool, a ranged condi Attack that is spamable and slows the enemy in top of it

6. Condi-Virtuoso: ranged-unblockable dmg, Ports, multiple invulns, Multiple Blocks (yet not Meta but thats cause of the actually Meta builds holding it in place rn)

Litterly every single build of this are too easy to Play and been too good into what they are doing. All of them need to see some nerfs but thats maybe my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(playing pzerker this season) I think that the balance right now is good. I see a large variety of builds and all have their strengths (sometimes it can be 1 or 2 broken mechanics) and weaknesses. It is rare to have someone / something dominating a game. 

When it comes to professions I still think mesmer has the highest amount of build that feel unfun to fight because of their mechanics / traits but I do not think I would rate them as overperforming. 

When it comes to a precise build condi zerker seems to stand a bit above others. I am not sure by how much as I have seen less people playing it is this season (maybe the matchmaker tries to put pzeker vs me). The reason I would rank it above is because it is harder to punish than another build that has high potential (like scrapper). I still find myself surprised by how many defenses (stab / blocks / blinds / sustain) it has while keeping a good amount of pressure. It often takes multiple people to kill it and I do not see many people being able to beat it.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

I would not say a specific class is broken rn but some Builds are.

1. Deadeye: Multiple Ports, Multiple Stunbrakes, Stealth, Hard Ranged DMG

2. Grenade Scrapper: Hard AoE dmg out off stealth Superspeed with Swiftness Always available, one block and some dodges on its weapon, hard ranged dmg

3. Condi-Berserker: Mutiple DMG immunity , Multiple Blocks, Selfhealing for doing condi and Power DMG, some amount of CCs

4. Bladesworn: Multiple Aegis Ressources that reflect and heal yourself, a spamable Selfhealing, a 3 Seconds ranged daze, okay amount of melee/ranged dmg

5. Condi Specter: Multiple Ports, Shroud with second life pool, a ranged condi Attack that is spamable and slows the enemy in top of it

6. Condi-Virtuoso: ranged-unblockable dmg, Ports, multiple invulns, Multiple Blocks (yet not Meta but thats cause of the actually Meta builds holding it in place rn)

Litterly every single build of this are too easy to Play and been too good into what they are doing. All of them need to see some nerfs but thats maybe my opinion. 

7. DH

• Like 1

Ranger builds are annoying, condi zerker is annoying. Engie builds are annoying. DH is annoying. 

In conquest all of those get folded by any reasonable team coordination. They're only really a pain 1v1.

So... none? I guess?

Huh, would you look at that.  It's actually kinda balanced.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Fair~  but if we're balancing this game based on 1v1 boy do I have a multi chapter saga for you.

Eh?
It doesn't have to be that at all though.

Things fold when outnumbered by the game's design, but some specs are better at doing the outnumbering, or escaping from it, or whatever else.
There's plenty of better ways to try and determine performance that don't end with "well everything dies like it's supposed to when you have multiple players so it's all balanced"

Both power zerk and scrapper are equally balanced because they both flop if a team focuses them, right?

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Things fold when outnumbered by the game's design, but some specs are better at doing the outnumbering, or escaping from it, or whatever else.
There's plenty of better ways to try and determine performance that don't end with "well everything dies like it's supposed to when you have multiple players so it's all balanced"

Outnumbering and escape isn't class exclusive. Each team has 1 spawnpoint and it is in your best interest to always be aware of where the "roamer" is or might be on map and engage it before they're allowed to engage on their terms.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ccccc.4963 said:

Outnumbering and escape isn't class exclusive.

Uh, yeah?
But certain builds are clearly better than others at it, even when both want to fill the same role as a roamer, sidenoder, or whatever else. Because classes have different spells and mechanics.

The point is that everything dying when it's outnumbered isn't a very useful way to look at class balance, because it's true of literally everything in the game, because that's how GW2 works with its lack of a trinity, among other design decisions. And even when you do look at whether or not stuff dies, there's clear differences between something like a czerk or bladesworn and say, a core engi and it'd be silly to say they're all equally balanced because they all die.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

The point is that everything dying when it's outnumbered isn't a very useful way to look at class balance,

No but not having outliers (sig cata/untamed) is a good identifier that the meta is healthy atm

baby steps ^^

Edited by ccccc.4963
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Eh?
It doesn't have to be that at all though.

Both power zerk and scrapper are equally balanced because they both flop if a team focuses them, right?

That's not the claim I was making.  I just didn't include any nuance because I didn't really think it was necessary. 

My point was that, given we have had periods of balance where there are one or two builds that steamroll everything else, the fact that this go-around the heavy hitters are just marginally more annoying or effective at sudenoding or 1v1 compared to the lineup is tentatively refreshing. 

I never said everything was perfectly balanced.  My point was that (as far as the currently performing classes go) its balanced enough that I don't feel like sifting to point fingers, which is notable on its own. The game will never be perfectly balanced, but from a company that has constantly had a couple of classes sit unchallenged for months at a time over a period of years, this is...better? 

Look at the results.  I haven't seen a graph that level since Hot.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

Balance is actually so-so right now, not bad compared to previous years for sure. Duo queueing/wintrading and other usual suspects such as PvE farmers are what's currently bugging everyone out in PvP.

well, 2 month ish till we get no more pve farmers, it's up to anet removing duo q

• Like 1

I struggle to deal significative damage to Warriors as a Vindi, but I think is fair because I I need to retreat my mobility is similar/better and and fights are clean because there's no stealth cheese and attacks have clear calls and if I get hit was my bad, not anything broken or a invisible burst out of nowhere...