So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

Cyrin.1035

TL;DR: i think Joko, pact movement, oPrimordus making the water sulferous by awakening and making a volcano explode, kralkys getting a GODS power being disturbing, and kralkys current course to either near bloodtide coast or the middle of the strait of Janithir S will awaken. And that I was S to be a good Drago.

Sorry but Kralkatorrik didn't get the power of a God. The Balthazar we fought in PoF wasn't a god anymore.

Actually he did and it can be proven by two things, A: Balthazar was not removed from being a god, he was just a fallen one that nobody worships anymore, like Abbadon. So he still had his god power. B: The story dialogue actually has Rytlock saying that a dragon that consumed the power of a god is going to be much much more dangerous. Look up gameplay as the wiki isn't updated yet.

Edit: typo fixOther thing i think about if brill ( Glint)if mother of aurene and Vlast who is dad ???

I'd love to go to Cantha. Considering how it's said that the elder dragon S made his home in the Unending Ocean, I feel like investigating and attempting to pacify the deep sea dragon could tie in to Cantha very well. I'd also like to see Cantha's perspective on the elder dragons, considering it's known as the "Empire of the Dragon" and separated from the same devastation the Tyrian continent has experienced.

TL;DR: i think Joko, pact movement, oPrimordus making the water sulferous by awakening and making a volcano explode, kralkys getting a GODS power being disturbing, and kralkys current course to either near bloodtide coast or the middle of the strait of Janithir S will awaken. And that I was S to be a good Drago.

Sorry but Kralkatorrik didn't get the power of a God. The Balthazar we fought in PoF wasn't a god anymore.

Actually he did and it can be proven by two things, A: Balthazar was not removed from being a god, he was just a fallen one that nobody worships anymore, like Abbadon. So he still had his god power. B: The story dialogue actually has Rytlock saying that a dragon that consumed the power of a god is going to be much much more dangerous. Look up gameplay as the wiki isn't updated yet.

Edit: typo fixOther thing i think about if brill ( Glint)if mother of aurene and Vlast who is dad ???

It hasn't been said outright but speculation goes towards Kralkatorrik being the father. Idk where I saw it but Google it and it should come up.

Edit: I would like Cantha now (not as much as some other though) because it hasn't gotten drago minions and good dragons are said to thrive there. It could tie in well with LW by saying Aurene fled there because of Kralky or something.

Edit: typo fix

A: Why aren't we blind? Its in the nature of a God to blind us when we look at him. Also, he WAS stripped not only of his title but also his divine powers, as explained by Kormir, we just don't know who is the new God of War. His entire campaign was to regain enough enough power to be on his previous level. The powers he had was from the Bloodstone with some sprinkles of Primordus and Jormag. Also people still worshipped him, most stopped due to his actions but not everyone. But worships doesn't has anything to do with being a god here.B. Others calling him a God doesn't mean anything if he is by nature not a god anymore. Its like with Bealfire, who was calling himself a God ( with his Flame Legion doing the same ) where in truth, he wasn't.

Cantha would be a great opportunity to explore something different. Something that wouldn't have to deal with tracking down and slaying Elder Dragons or some powerful being who aims to use the Elder Dragons as a weapon to further their own gains. There's so much lore there, familiar lands for us Guild Wars 1 players changed by the political upheaval from centuries of new policies and a rise of a xenophobic regime.

Ideally, they could come up with finally a new race - that being the Tengu. Whose entire personal story could revolve around going back to Cantha and their starter city would be the Dominion of The Winds. Maybe the creator features a choice of the Shing Jae islands being the ancestoral homeland of your personal character. But the personal story would not be the main story of Cantha.

We could stage an uprising. Arrive to Cantha only to be imprisoned due to being outsiders. Escape and find remnants of the once and powerful Luxon and Kurzicks now banding together as a rebel state looking to one day achieve their freedoms and re-establish their sovereignty. The story could be more focused as your run of the mill war between the people and the Empire, throw in some nuisances of the Envoys and scourge of the once and powerful Shiro. Have it's own entity, the Leviathin, somewhere in the now thawed Jade Sea.

There's plenty of opportunities Arenanet could go with. Unfortunately what we come up with may all be well beyond what we end up with haha.

From Memories of Vlast: "The death of the jungle dragon has accelerated our sire's rise."

To me that means Kralk. Seems most logical.

@"Dragana.1497" said:"

From Memories of Vlast: "The death of the jungle dragon has accelerated our sire's rise."

To me that means Kralk. Seems most logical"I know Kralk is sire of Glint so its logic he is also sire of Aurene and Vlast but sire is also father ? Why not. That mean all dragon can change from dark to bright :) maybe the last achieve of GW2

A: Why aren't we blind? Its in the nature of a God to blind us when we look at him. Also, he WAS stripped not only of his title but also his divine powers, as explained by Kormir, we just don't know who is the new God of War. His entire campaign was to regain enough enough power to be on his previous level. The powers he had was from the Bloodstone with some sprinkles of Primordus and Jormag. Also people still worshipped him, most stopped due to his actions but not everyone. But worships doesn't has anything to do with being a god here.B. Others calling him a God doesn't mean anything if he is by nature not a god anymore. Its like with Bealfire, who was calling himself a God ( with his Flame Legion doing the same ) where in truth, he wasn't.

Must have missed when Kormir was talking. Got boring. But he still has more power than before.

Must have missed when Kormir was talking. Got boring. But he still has more power than before.

Sry but Balth wasn't more powerful than before. In fact he was weaker than he was as a god.

Sry but Balth wasn't more powerful than before. In fact he was weaker than he was as a god.

Sorry for miscommunication, I meant Kralky is more powerful than before

Sorry for miscommunication, I meant Kralky is more powerful than before

No problem.

@Malerine.5762 said:

@"Dragana.1497" said:"

To me that means Kralk. Seems most logical"I know Kralk is sire of Glint so its logic he is also sire of Aurene and Vlast but sire is also father ? Why not. That mean all dragon can change from dark to bright :) maybe the last achieve of GW2

Wait, so Aurene and Vlast are scions on Glint, isn't Kralky the father? I'm am confused

@Sombra.3246 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:would like but i know Anet can't do it, they then have to exclude china from the expansion and they don't want that.

Why do you say that? does China have a problem with Cantha?

no, china has a problem with combining architecture of china with any other asian architecture which cantha pretty much has all the time.

@"MadLass.3821" said:

Wait, so Aurene and Vlast are scions on Glint, isn't Kralky the father? I'm am confused"I don t know Who is father but i think the end of the game will be with the solution of it. If kralki is dad and glint.mum that mean we can save kralki like glint done.But i still Think S has something to say us. Is he a good or bad dragon

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:would like but i know Anet can't do it, they then have to exclude china from the expansion and they don't want that.

no, china has a problem with combining architecture of china with any other asian architecture which cantha pretty much has all the time.

You mean tibetan architecture ?

Has Anet sorted the issues with NCsoft? I thought they didn't like it which is why the Canthan district was removed before release?

Anyway not at the moment. The latest LW thread and expansions is already human centered with a lot of callbacks to GW1. Would rather not have 2 in row. There are plenty of other things they could do. Much as I liked Cantha in GW1 I would rather go somewhere new.

I absolutely would love Cantha! Shing Jea Island & Monastery were probably my favorite location in GW1. It was so tranquil there and there was a sense of wonder, especially with all the new year festivities and the setting of these beautiful buildings covered in colorful lanterns nestled among the mountains and the starry sky. Kaineng seemed like this massive hub of intrigue and excitement that could provide endless exploration. Both the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest had such interesting lore and unique aesthetics. The story tying everything together was fantastic and the place is also home to many Tengu, a race I am fond of. What more could you ask for? Prophecies, Nightfall, and EOTN provided fun, but I think Factions was superior to them all. Games like Jade Quarry kept me engaged with the franchise during the long content drought between EOTN and GW2.

I'd be very disappointed if Anet didn't allow a return to Cantha in an expac.

@Malerine.5762 said:

You mean tibetan architecture ?

cantha is a mix of Chinese and Japanese architecture, the landscape is a mix of Japanese, Chinese and Indian.let's just say that China isn't found on that idea, cantha in GW1 was already a border issue but adding it in GW2 goes a bit to far for them.

i wish they didn't have this issue, i love to have cantha in GW2 but alas, politics >_<

@Sorudos.9054 the problem is why consider there is inpiration with risk of politican agression. Tyrie seems to be what ? Europ ? Usa? And charrs are russian? I think its a bad idea to consider politic in a game but anyway. Personnaly i don t realy wanna Cantha i have seen the full map on of the world and its big enough to go somewhere else

First off all, I loved factions. Specially the parts outside of the city. The island, the echovald forest and the jade sea are stunning area'sBut then there is this giant city. It was allready hug in gw1 and it will likely have grown. I never really liked it a lot, but thats not my concern, My main concern is that we basically need the city and cant ignore it and get around it, but part of it was that it was a maze. Now we can pop on our griffon/bunny, and use griffon/raptor to navigate the rooftops. So how to create a feel of a big city?

Another part has to do with expectations. Now we got nightfall area's the request for Cantha is full on the table again (as shown in this threat). A nice part of the desert/elona parts was that we didnt really expect it. So allthough I would lvoe to go to Cantha, I think it might be better to wait for expansion 4 or 5. It gives devs more time to think about the challenge of designing the city again and it gives us time to not expect it

I have never played GW1 and thus I have never seen Cantha. I would love to see it one day. But for the next expansion I hope we go fight Primordus and Jormag and see the depths of Tyria, Deldrimor front, and the Far Shiverpeaks. Exploring more of Asura, Dwarven, Kodan and Norn lore. And introduce the Tengu that could lead us eventually to Cantha.

Well, i feelin' myself riven about having Cantha in gw2, and not have it. I understand the voices of "other races" and i will understand the Canthan will not be anymore in gw2. But hell, i really like the lore&mysticism for just being in shing jea monastery (much of feeling it is for me).BUT... Cantha now is just like north korea for me. Clear comunism with emperor and starving society. Simple enough to excuse not having Cantha - well, i don't want to go see anything then just poorish and starving people. YET, there is compromise. Build the "Sanctuarium of monastery of Four winds" in Dominion of Winds. And thats all folks :) . Give tengu much from what we've expecting from cantha - lore, monastery, meditation, deep culture and nice architecture.And the main ally for Tengu will be Kodan race, just because they are similar minded.

Last but not least, need to make something with this newcomer from "dying in starvation communistic Cantha". Arenanet can make this from reality - ghostboats full of near death starving canthans starting to build new cantha in other place, maybe living in balance with deep sea dragon on the sea, who will be one of the good dragon who kralkatorrik will wanted to kill. And later the main core of Cantha (with no land of course). Emperor of the dying land will attack those, who run away, and with that he will attack tyria and elona. And the other elder dragon rise - The imperial dragon.

TLDR, not Cantha itself, but monastery dominion of winds with little human and more tengu with kodan ally, rest of canthan living on the sea with their neighboor good deep sea dragon, kralkatorrik start to end him "dragon vs dragon" and the Imperial Dragon of Cantha starts to harass new lands for the voice of comunism :) .