So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

Cyrin.1035

@"Cyrin.1035" said:As WP points out in his video:

from years back, Cantha has a ton of lore and content that GW 2 must explore. He also claims that a dev mentioned, if Cantha is something the majority of fans want to see and there is a big demand for it, they would consider bringing Cantha to GW 2. We just need to make it clear that it's something most of us want.

So the question and purpose of this poll is simple. How many of us would like to explore Cantha in the next new expansion!?

Before Cantha i think we hace to fight abyssal drake :)

I want to see cantha as well, but what mystery I want solved is the unending ocean where S whatever the dragons name is lives. Plus it would be an all water map, making water legendaries useful and underwater mounts useful (and the skimmer too). I also agree with Zacchary.6183, we should get Tengu as a playable race. We have seen another profession, another race wouldn't be difficult as they already have the models and all they have to do is add in the race specific skills and story line, it would be great if the expansion that had this opened the Tengu home world (or at least a Tengu place). If the Tengu we're added for the next expansion, I would pay pre-release right now.

@"MadLass.3821" said:I want to see cantha as well, but what mystery I want solved is the unending ocean where S whatever the dragons name is lives. Plus it would be an all water map, making water legendaries useful and underwater mounts useful (and the skimmer too). I also agree with Zacchary.6183, we should get Tengu as a playable race. We have seen another profession, another race wouldn't be difficult as they already have the models and all they have to do is add in the race specific skills and story line, it would be great if the expansion that had this opened the Tengu home world (or at least a Tengu place). If the Tengu we're added for the next expansion, I would pay pre-release right now.

I think like you first unending ocean. "S" is the last drake we don t know. And because of death of mordremoth and zaithan S has all reasons to come. Second point kralka is coming close too ocean. It can be a provocation for S. So many reason that coyld lock ours progression until Cantha

yes, but I feel like the far shiverpeaks will be our next base of operations after Elona. Basically go into the Norn homeland since Jormag is a thing not to be forgotten about and Cantha has flooded due to the Jade sea returning into water. Also there is still an unnamed ocean dragon that's taken home near Cantha. Cantha will probably be last on the list of expansions- but yes I'd love to go back.

@"Linthenius.3704" said:Would be cool, but I feel the other races should get a spotlight for the next expansion. Heck, I would LOVE a norn focused expansion, Char would be nice as well.

In my opinion the core game was for all races, from the start to the pact. HoT was focused on the Sylvari and their dragon daddy...and PoF was the Mount race...lol, get it "mount" race....

Anyways 250-300 years is enough time for a lot of changes to have happened, or perhaps it is still full of xenophobic hyoomuns.

I would mind visiting any new area either, but I feel that the claim that an expansion focused on humans could really only be applied PoF.

Sylvari are new, Asurans only surfaced 250-350, as far as what I saw in EotN. The norn just seemed kinda tossed in, and hard to believe that they never had to fight any of the midgets...errr...dwarves.

For all we know the next expansion will take place on islands and you travel by a mini boat, like in windwaker or one piece lol

Cantha again? Seriously. I was pretty much convinced that every player knew that NC Soft (aka the Korean Overlords) have clearly said that there will be no Cantha. I wish people would remember that so this subject keeps from resurfacing every now and then.

@Noa.7490 said:Cantha again? Seriously. I was pretty much convinced that every player knew that NC Soft (aka the Korean Overlords) have clearly said that there will be no Cantha. I wish people would remember that so this subject keeps from resurfacing every now and then.

they never said no cantha

they said it wasn't planned, but that they would see what the playerbase wanted.

aka, that it wasn't off the planning table.

I’m not a GW player, so I only have very limited knowledge on the subject.But from what I’ve read and saw in WP videos on the subject. Cantha is a very divisive region. It has racial intolerance, and a bunch of other things that just don’t seem to fit with companies newly adopted model of PCness.And if it ain’t PC, it’s unlikely to find its place in modern day games, due to possible backlash.

/my2cents

Hmm. Why not a totally new place with interesting lore for an expansion instead of staying in the shadows of GW1? Tyria is a huge world and there would be enough for Anet to create beautiful and interesting places in the world.

Also wasn't Cantha the continent that was one big ugly ghetto with some jade sea and stone forests? ( And dredge also exist there... )

This is a no brainer. It was a major part of GW1. It MUST be addressed in GW2. I hope it is in the plans even if we just get lore explaining its destruction. I just hate the void that is in place now. Worst case: if there is an issue with offending a part of the player base causing it to not be possible to add Cantha then an announcement saying "We will not do it" can at least stop all the speculation. Too many years with no Cantha closure.

@arenta.2953 said:

@"Noa.7490" said:Cantha again? Seriously. I was pretty much convinced that every player knew that NC Soft (aka the Korean Overlords) have clearly said that there will be no Cantha. I wish people would remember that so this subject keeps from resurfacing every now and then.

they never said no cantha

they said it wasn't planned, but that they would see what the playerbase wanted.

aka, that it wasn't off the planning table.

In 2010, Arenanet was therefor forced to delete all work on Canthan elements in GW2! The unnamed NCSoft producer from Korea don't work anymore but the decision wasn't changed.Taken from: https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/377215/cantha-expansion-and-asian-themed-content-banned-for-cultural-reasons