So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

Cyrin.1035

@Noa.7490 said:

@Noa.7490 said:Cantha again? Seriously. I was pretty much convinced that every player knew that NC Soft (aka the Korean Overlords) have clearly said that there will be no Cantha. I wish people would remember that so this subject keeps from resurfacing every now and then.

they never said no cantha

they said it wasn't planned, but that they would see what the playerbase wanted.

aka, that it wasn't off the planning table.

In 2010, Arenanet was therefor forced to delete all work on Canthan elements in GW2! The unnamed NCSoft producer from Korea don't work anymore but the decision wasn't changed.Taken from:

Josh Foreman who kindly joined the discussion.

Cantha was my favorite GW1 region to work on. And I worked on every GW release. I know a lot of the dev team loved it and would love to revisit it. I kinda agree with critickitten about the negative aspect of tight corridors. Most of that came from hitting technological limits while trying to keep the epic quality of the concept art. I think we could do some really amazing things with those themes in our new engine. Certainly nothing is ruled out. I certainly encourage anyone to express your desire for a Cantha region in GW2 in a positive and friendly way. It could be years away, but it’s worth asking for.

Certainly nothing is ruled out. I certainly encourage anyone to express your desire for a Cantha region in GW2 in a positive and friendly way. It could be years away, but it’s worth asking for.

NO. NO CANTHA.

I don't care how awesome it may have been in GW1. It's old and it'll bring with it old tropes.

Place i enjoy most of all GW2 PvE content is Heart of Maguuma. Reason I enjoy it is because it dared to innovate. And that was possible because it flushed down the toilet the old, beaten to death trope of "Big city here, enemies on outskirts, big enemy fortress further down the road".

So instead of same old i got:

• vertical, much more chaotic in design and mazy jungle maps! (love it)
  • every square inch of maps is fun, because there are no human cities demanding their space to be flat, boring and predictable!
  • much better, more dramatic story telling (outposts) because in the jungle there is no safety and no rules!
  • Itzel - a breath of fresh air in terms of race lore and architecture!
  • Awesome hidden places and masteries to get there - again - it's in the wild, no safety regulations! ;)
  • Very varied and interesting adventures

If this goes Cantha, we'll be bound by old Guild Wars confinements, be it to map design, story telling or lore. I care not for those.I care for ubritelled, daring innovation, that can only show it's true potential when unshackled from the past and moreso player expectations regarding such content!

The problem with revisiting places like Elona and Cantha is that they are far too focused on Humans. The game is not only about humans anymore, and I think all races deserve a chance in the spotlight. Now that we've been cruising Elona, I am just about done with everything that has to do with humans, especially considering that in the GW universe they are incredibly dull.

Give us the Far Shiverpeaks, give us the Blood Legion homelands or somewhere in between, take us to a place without a human town.

I live and breathe for Charr, and I would love to see another one of their Citadels or Legion territories outside Ascalon. But I'm not going to ask for an entire expansion dedicated to them.

And as much as I didn't like Heart of Maguuma compared to Path of Fire, it at least put some focus on the Sylvari, a new race that deserved a proper introduction.

@"lagrangewei.8516" said:unless anet can fix the racism against asian by removing their mispresentation of asian culture, they need to fix their lore first.

The game is/was Asian inspired but I can't help but wonder if the continent Asia lies on the Tyrian world. Is Tyria really just earth?

I would think not.

Maybe the hyoomanz were brought to Tyria on a spaceship from earth by the "Gods of Tyria", but if not I think calling Canthans to be Asians....wrong.

@arenta.2953 said:

@Noa.7490 said:

@Noa.7490 said:Cantha again? Seriously. I was pretty much convinced that every player knew that NC Soft (aka the Korean Overlords) have clearly said that there will be no Cantha. I wish people would remember that so this subject keeps from resurfacing every now and then.

they said it wasn't planned, but that they would see what the playerbase wanted.

In 2010, Arenanet was therefor forced to delete all work on Canthan elements in GW2! The unnamed NCSoft producer from Korea don't work anymore but the decision wasn't changed.Taken from:

Cantha was my favorite GW1 region to work on. And I worked on every GW release. I know a lot of the dev team loved it and would love to revisit it. I kinda agree with critickitten about the negative aspect of tight corridors. Most of that came from hitting technological limits while trying to keep the epic quality of the concept art. I think we could do some really amazing things with those themes in our new engine. Certainly nothing is ruled out. I certainly encourage anyone to express your desire for a Cantha region in GW2 in a positive and friendly way. It could be years away, but it’s worth asking for.

Certainly nothing is ruled out. I certainly encourage anyone to express your desire for a Cantha region in GW2 in a positive and friendly way. It could be years away, but it’s worth asking for.

Pardon my $%^&*( French, but your yelling is quite childish. If this is the best you can do to support your argument please exit this topic.

@Noa.7490 said:

@Noa.7490 said:

Pardon my $%^&*( French, but your yelling is quite childish. If this is the best you can do to support your argument please exit this topic.

its not yelling...

i forgot that putting ------ under a line of text makes it capital and bold....

.< my bad

edit: ......and > makes a quote...... >.<

@"lagrangewei.8516" said:unless anet can fix the racism against asian by removing their mispresentation of asian culture, they need to fix their lore first.

That's not what racist is, taking inspiration from cultures is significantly less offensive than stating all Asians are the same (as that's what you just did). There is no "Asian culture", each Asian nation has their own culture and some extreme disagreements with one another on values. This is a fantasy world, any content that shares a similarity with the real world is purely out of inspiration, it's only representative of the made up story and world.

I'm really hoping for Cantha in the next EP. There's a lot they can do lore-wise, aesthetically and musically Cantha was my favourite place in GW1, and it's sad that it got really left behind as GW1 went on. Kaineng City never got events like Wintersday, while LA and Kamadan did. GW2 is a chance to redeem it and make Cantha a beautiful, bustling hub of activity again!

@Malerine.5762 said:

@"MadLass.3821" said:I want to see cantha as well, but what mystery I want solved is the unending ocean where S whatever the dragons name is lives. Plus it would be an all water map, making water legendaries useful and underwater mounts useful (and the skimmer too). I also agree with Zacchary.6183, we should get Tengu as a playable race. We have seen another profession, another race wouldn't be difficult as they already have the models and all they have to do is add in the race specific skills and story line, it would be great if the expansion that had this opened the Tengu home world (or at least a Tengu place). If the Tengu we're added for the next expansion, I would pay pre-release right now.

I think like you first unending ocean. "S" is the last drake we don t know. And because of death of mordremoth and zaithan S has all reasons to come. Second point kralka is coming close too ocean. It can be a provocation for S. So many reason that coyld lock ours progression until Cantha

Ah, that was something I hadn't noticed. Based on his course near the unending ocean the next place he will go is near bloodtide coast, further away but still close. Or he will go into the ocean if I'm wrong. If S awakens then I can see a fight between him and kralky. Another few reason I see are A: he must have absorbed some of the energy from the dead dragons. B: Not only had Kralky moved, Primordus has awoken again too making the volcano erupt and the water sulferous. Which means if S is near there he would need to awaken and move to survive. C: Pact movement across the ocean a. Not saying this is like all the others "because commander" just saying the pact has caused a disturbance by moving to and from istan and the Crystal Desert. I think they use water transport due to 1: the ships we constantly see. And B: it's the quickest route from LA. So S must know about this and something must happen because of that. D,: Joko. The Awakened must be venturing into the water, and given their location near the Unending Ocean.

Also side note: I kinda want S to be a good dragon. All the other ones are evil due to corruption from dragon power which made them rise. Maybe S was the good dragon and so maybe there might be a story about cleansing the evil Drago power from him to make him good again as he must have absorbed some. Also Kralky got a GODS power, which will make him worse than ever and the power disturbance will probably help with S awakening.

TL;DR: i think Joko, pact movement, oPrimordus making the water sulferous by awakening and making a volcano explode, kralkys getting a GODS power being disturbing, and kralkys current course to either near bloodtide coast or the middle of the strait of Janithir S will awaken. And that I was S to be a good Drago.

Edit was because D became a face emoji

The only reason i want to go to cantha is because wp said he will continue and finish his lore series.

Other than that i want to see new places meet new civilisations fight new things. Tyria is massive and what we play on is but a tiny part. Considering 5 out of 6 elder dragons were in this part makes me question how the rest of the world evolved.

TL;DR: i think Joko, pact movement, oPrimordus making the water sulferous by awakening and making a volcano explode, kralkys getting a GODS power being disturbing, and kralkys current course to either near bloodtide coast or the middle of the strait of Janithir S will awaken. And that I was S to be a good Drago.

Sorry but Kralkatorrik didn't get the power of a God. The Balthazar we fought in PoF wasn't a god anymore.

Sorry but Kralkatorrik didn't get the power of a God. The Balthazar we fought in PoF wasn't a god anymore.

Actually he did and it can be proven by two things, A: Balthazar was not removed from being a god, he was just a fallen one that nobody worships anymore, like Abbadon. So he still had his god power. B: The story dialogue actually has Rytlock saying that a dragon that consumed the power of a god is going to be much much more dangerous. Look up gameplay as the wiki isn't updated yet.

Edit: typo fix

Yes. It is time.

As a Canthan Descent RPer in GW 2, I been waiting for this since launch. It may be the only thing to keep me in the game and from quitting altogether despite all the other terrible decisions Arenanet (NPE, Megasservers, Raids, The WvW thing now and Scribing) has made in the past 6 years. I didn't enjoy PoF that much nor Heart of Thorns before it. I really loved Factions and the environments, the cultural influences, and the beauty of it all-- it would be very amazing to see all that redone in the new graphical style of GW 2.

I don't want other expansion. I want GW3.
GW3 with DX12, Full Open World Cenarios for better use of griffons and glide, better graphics optimizations (10FPS in Vabbi Meta Event), caravans of goods, not supply, being attack , cities being siege, random WvW Maps, 0 POI inside WvW, more Jumping Puzzle thinked for Griffons and Glides and stuffs like that. This is what I want for 2020. lol (sorry my poor english)

@"MadLass.3821" said: Primordus has awoken again too making the volcano erupt and the water sulferous. Which means if S is near there he would need to awaken"In fact if you read the full stpry S is the second drahon to awake 200 years ago. That maybe mean like you say he migth help us brcause not bad :).