So... CANTHA? Would you like to explore Cantha in the next expansion!?

Cyrin.1035

@sorudo.9054 said:since i see so many ppl still asking for this, let me be the kitten that points out why Anet will never even release cantha unless things change political.

1. China doesn't like their architecture to be mixed with other Asian architecture, cantha is exactly that.
  2. If an any time Anet does decide to release GW2 with cantha, they need to exclude china from this expansion which is against their own MO.
  3. Cantha is closed down completely and all non-human races are banned from there, this expansion would be filled with human-only cities and and non-human race would be heavily discriminated.

so if you really want cantha, you better be prepared for a crapload of problems coming from it, something Anet doesn't want to risk.

I am from China and now live in the States. Tbh I don't think point 1 is exclusive to only China. Most Asian countries do not like their architecture or what not to be mixed with that of another country. That didn't stop gaming companies from creating architectures with mixed styles. There's also not been a case where a game is prohibited from doing so just because one country decides the architectures in a game do not fully represent their architectures in real life. If there is, please enlighten me.

Having played so many Asian oriented MMORPG's since I was little, I notice they all have a variety of mixed cultures from different eastern countries-many of which include Ancient Chinese, Japanese, and Korean architectures. There has never been a problem. If there ever was an actual case that supports your assumption that things will become political, please do kindly link them. Btw what is MO? Why does China have to be excluded from this expansion? What exactly do you mean by excluding them, like not adding Chinese aesthetics into the game or not allowing people from China to buy the expansion? What makes you think any of these solutions you listed can combat what problems are to come as you described if Anet decides to make Cantha?

Edit: just wanted to add that I find your comment incredibly vague yet it seems you wanted to point out there'd be many problems and risks involved in adding Cantha into the game, which I do not see. Do you mind telling me what kind of risks are you talking about?

I have no real desire to see Cantha again if it does not involve Tengu. If Anet is not creative enough to just purge their Chanta like feudal Japan was able to do for hundreds of years and prosper in the process, they can´t be helped anyway or have no real desire to explore asian Themes.

Since many point out they'd be bothered by the human/ nostalgia focus too much, I'd like to add that, at least for me, it's about the asian flair. Music, landscape, architecture, culture. As long as i'll see those, i'm fine with exploring whatever part of Tyria.Perhaps a series of big islands filled with formerly oppressed from cantha, featuring those underwater areas. Just a random thought.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Where might you have heard it will be?

More Ascalonian. Again, No proof. Just what ive heard

As in blood legion lands? Ascalon itself is mostly if nit entirely done, but they could segway to new maps from ascalon? Can you link your source?

Yes as in Blood legion lands. My source is another player from Gw2- Ill ask him about it more.

@Mthe mystery.4615 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Where might you have heard it will be?

More Ascalonian. Again, No proof. Just what ive heard

As in blood legion lands? Ascalon itself is mostly if nit entirely done, but they could segway to new maps from ascalon? Can you link your source?

Yes as in Blood legion lands. My source is another player from Gw2- Ill ask him about it more.

Cool! I'm very hyped for that, I'd love to hear more

Long story short:Yes, i want to explore beautiful Cantha.Yes, i also want to explore the rest of the world like Woodlands Cascade and Far Shiverpeaks.No, i dont believe nostalgia is a valid reason to be either in favour, or against, Cantha. Cantha should open up when the story is ready for us, willing to show the most of its form, and the devs think its right for the story.I do not want to go to Cantha if nostalgia is the only spring in this machine

• 2 weeks later...

@Alga.6498 said:Yessss, yeeeesss, oh yeeessss! It's time for Cantha :love: :heart:

And alot of the playerbase wish and have requested Cantha to make it to GW2 over these 5 years.We got Elona, why wouldn't we get Cantha aswell? I am sure we'll get it at some Point, hopefully our next expansion! :)

Exactly the same, with the same smiley ! :3 <3The Lore on this continent was quite impressive with some much possibilities. I soooo want news from the Great Empire and what happenned to the Jade Sea, Echovald or Kurzicks and Luxons (their turtles only, i don't care of these guys =) ). Rumors we got are not enough at all !

I don't want Anet to force Cantha into the storyline if it makes no sense. This was one of my concerns with PoF forcing us into Elona because 'people want Elona', when the PoF story really could've happened anywhere. It's only until the added layers of the Sunspears and the Mordant Crescent appeared that it made sense, ngl. :P

• 3 weeks later...